NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank, Kimberlyd125.
It says essentially this:

§ 14‑190.17A. Third degree sexual exploitation of a minor.

(a) Offense. – A person commits the offense of third degree sexual exploitation of a minor if, knowing the character or content of the material, he possesses material that contains a visual representation of a minor engaging in sexual activity.

(b) Inference. – In a prosecution under this section, the trier of fact may infer that a participant in sexual activity whom material through its title, text, visual representations or otherwise represents or depicts as a minor is a minor.
(c) Mistake of Age. – Mistake of age is not a defense to a prosecution under this section.

(d) Punishment and Sentencing. – Violation of this section is a Class I felony. (1989 (Reg. Sess., 1990), c. 1022, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 1198; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

I wonder if there is any aspect of the pic(s) or transmission of pic(s) that would fall into the (a) Offense category.

JTSYS

Did you notice in those search warrants he had a second cell phone in his car? I didn't realize til today.

No apology necessary- just didn't want people to misunderstand what I was wondering about. Pictures of child *advertiser censored* pop up all over the place now thanks to the various ways and means of transmissions available. I have a friend who works on a federal internet child *advertiser censored* task force and through him, have come to understand that among certain cultures, the cell phone is the primary source for distribution. Among others, it is the internet, among others it is iTouches, etc.
So it has me alarmed that LE released info about this child to the public but provided no further information about her, except to say they couldn't tell for certain if it was Shaniya. I tend to agree with you that it was probably Shaniya- however- I still want to know the contacts that revolved around it and where it was sent or received from. I want to know the cell phone provider. I want to know if there is a task force on it, etc, etc. I want to know if there were any distiguishing marks in the picture AT ALL. If it is NOT Shaniya, then we have another poor baby out there that we need to find. And if it WAS Shaniya, we need to know if any distribution took place, kwim?

Sorry for the rant- Shaniya is close to my heart.
I still want to know if they cleared everyone who was at the hotel that night/morning.

JTSYS

This deserves more than the thanks button. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I know that people who do those kind of things are sick.
The smirk on his face is sick.
And despite the fact that MAM is a sick SOBMF.
I think God should wipe those kind of people out, they are terrorists of another kind, but sick terrorists none the less. :crazy:
I know I would not mind taking a heavy frying pan and giving him a permanent concussion - no I never hit anyone, and there is always a first time. He would be my first time.:furious:

If California is letting those people out of jail - somebody has to give them a concussion. :blushing:

I don't believe he is sick I believe he is evil. Sick wouldn't know what he did was wrong on every level.

Why did MAM turn himself in with that phone on his person? We don't really think he forgot that picture was on there do we?

He was smirking, gloating about what he had done. He makes me sick. :sick::sick::sick:

I don't believe he is sick I believe he is evil. Sick wouldn't know what he did was wrong on every level.

Why did MAM turn himself in with that phone on his person? We don't really think he forgot that picture was on there do we?

He was smirking, gloating about what he had done. He makes me sick. :sick::sick::sick:

A Sociopath...he believes he is above the law and authority. Someone like that is what the DP was made for!!!! IMHO!!!!

And I am still wondering what happened to MAM's missing computer. Hushhhhh on that too...
Seems the cops did see t and by the time they returned it was gone. :sick:

Very evil reminds me of the devil. :sick:

And I am still wondering what happened to MAM's missing computer. Hushhhhh on that too...
Seems the cops did see t and by the time they returned it was gone. :sick:

Is there another computer besides the HP Mini and the Compaq Laptop that the police searched?
Seems I remember something about a computer that was stolen a while before this case, but I don't think it had anything to do with this case.
I think it was an emachine or something. We found out about it by searching records or something. My mind is drawing a blank.
Can you explain what computer you are talking about, or provide a link please.
Thanks.

I found the reports I was thinking of on this old link

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4453547&postcount=336"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14[/ame]

I can't get the incident reports to work, but they are discussed at length on thread 14 I believe.
Looks like they were from right around the time Shaniya was sold/raped/killed.

I wish I could pull up the actual reports. I will have to go back and read the thread.

ETA: But, Songline, if you have a link, it would make it much easier.

He makes me sick to :sick::sick::sick: and I want to see the DP on him ASAP.
I still think that Go and his wisdom can make it so that these kind of people get wiped out fast, they are a hazard to society.
and in California they get set free :furious::furious::furious:
17000 just got released into the public.

Is there another computer besides the HP Mini and the Compaq Laptop that the police searched?
Seems I remember something about a computer that was stolen a while before this case, but I don't think it had anything to do with this case.
I think it was an emachine or something. We found out about it by searching records or something. My mind is drawing a blank.
Can you explain what computer you are talking about, or provide a link please.
Thanks.
I wish I had the time to go look.
There were 2 computers and when the cop came back there was one. We never herd more about it.

Also of note- and could be pertinent in any number of cases including this one re: child *advertiser censored*....are people aware that many 'free' sights on the internet that advertise conversion methods of devices like iTouches, etc (that are not supposed to be used as phones) are actually disguised to look like 'real' Apple, Mac, or IMB sites- and allow 'free' conversion of certain devices to enable them to be used as cell phones or other transmission devices?
They also enable GPS tracking on devices that are not supposed to have them. In otherwords- your kid might have an iTouch to play video games on and nothing more. But your child can also log onto the internet, download software from one of these sites, and bam- send and receive txt and cell phone messages from their iTouch. They're also being tracked by pedophiles because they now have all of their personal information. KWIM?

Just something else to be aware of when electronic devices come into play in cases. These days, its not simply a question of pictures on a computer.

Oriah

Ok, sorry folks. I think I did that wrong (it was a screen shot, and they're not allowed I believe?) I'll try to see if there is a way to link without violating TOS.

Sorry!
JTSYS

Yeah, that link was from Nov. 2009.

Is there a new story on that site?

Will go look.

Thanks.

I can't find anything new.

JTSYS, did you find it? I'm anxious to find out any new news.

I can't find anything new.

JTSYS, did you find it? I'm anxious to find out any new news.

We lost it again. Have it saved but can't link it, I think it violates TOS. I'm going to look around a bit more, see if there's a better way. Try searching under trafficking and the State Dept and NC.

Sorry- we're still double checking the TOS.

Oriah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member