CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
RB says she is reluctant to talk to the media because she's been unfairly represented. But, she says, she is determined to find out what happened to her father.

"We feel helpless," she says. "We really wish someone would come up with a lead so we could get some answers about what happened to our dad and bring him home if he's out there."

Perhaps if RB would ask her BIL about the time-line and "home repairs" she would get some of the answers she claims to be seeking.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2010985815_disappeared08.html

I've read all these threads and feel so drawn in by this darling man and his story. He reminds me so much of my own grandfather that I lost to cancer in Nov. The number of you that have kept this story bumped and continued on despite the lack of new information is amazing. It is really heartwarming to see so many "strangers" that have this man's picture in their avatar or refrences to him in their tag lines. If his own family were as dedicated this case would be solved and Mr. Harrod would be at peace now.

I want to add this:

I'm mainly trying to reach out to two of Bob and Georgia's daughters here --- let's say one is called P and one is called R.

(snipped)... beg of you: get independent legal counsel. That means counsel independent of Montjoy, independent of your sisters or their representation.

(snipped)... PB, RB -- seek independent legal counsel. Tell them what you know and believe.

-- you have one life to live. You have a tiny window in that life to tell the truth or be damned for what comes out. You know that nobody will give up on Bob's murder, so the opportunity is yours to seize or ignore. The ball is in your court.

Thank you Montjoy for this excellent plea for justice! And, thank you to all the WS folks who have poured out time and sleuthing talents for Bob's case.

We have a court system that values "due process of law", fairness and protection. Surely that is what has occured thus far... So, if someone would be brave enough to come forward with any truths in this case, there would be much to gain from the legal system.... "witness protection" being the main element I would think. Please, if you know what happened, re-read what Montjoy has written...good advice!!

Welcome to WS vasportsmom! And thank you for your interest in Bobs case.

:welcome:

Thanks to all of you, and welcome to our "newbie" !!!

I guess it is hard to figure out what kind of "hook" might inspire someone who might know something to come forward....all we can do is hope

Excellent posts. We can hope and pray, and I'm doing both.

Welcome to our new poster here.

:bump:

bumping for Bob while I wonder about doing the right thing as has been mentioned upthread and in previous threads several times.

What if SIL JeM were arrested and charged with Bobs murder? What then when AH's children have to ask about grandpa being charged with murder? Suppose other family members were also arrested and charged with various offenses surrounding Bobs murder. How does one answer the minor childrens questions and comments that will likely be made by school peers as a result of media - the same media that can and will likely indicate not one in the family came forward?

With forensics and any number of experts reviewing any forensics found, how does AH and his wife answer their childrens questions after the fact? After forensics determine a crime occured within Bobs home the morning he disappeared. (should that be the case).

What does one tell their children regarding family involvement after and how does that then affect the children? Wouldn't it just be easier to come forward prior to LE solving this one while there is some credibility to be maintained by doing the right thing and not keeping such secrets?

I'm sure if anything was found as a result of processing Bobs home, it is currently in the hands of experts building a case.

The clock is ticking on coming forward and doing the right thing before LE makes an arrest or several arrests.

I saw an elderly couple at a restaurant tonight. They were holding hands. They reminded me of Mr. Harrod and Fontelle.

Bumping for justice for Mr. Harrod and Fontelle.

I saw an elderly couple at a restaurant tonight. They were holding hands. They reminded me of Mr. Harrod and Fontelle.

I hear you. What would it be like to know that, as much as you knew time was short, that you knew you had found love and happiness again?

Now, let's double that emotion, as we're not just talking about Bob, but two people. (Our focus has of course been on Bob's disappearance, but let's not forget Fontelle's loss, or forget those who celebrated their happiness.) I hope nobody reading this has to endure such sorrow.

(What makes it all the sadder is that some people out there -- some even reading this very post -- could start to lift this veil of tears by telling LE what they know.)

I suspect there might be at least one person in that bunch who knows what happened but was not involved and figured things out by putting two and two together. Knowledge like that can be deadly. And you never know, certain money obsessed people might deem this person is a liability or worth more dead than alive and they are the next to go missing. I hope this person, or any of that bunch for that matter, is sleeping with one eye open at night. And checking to make sure no one has recently taken out a life insurance policy on them. The best thing someone could do is go to LE ASAP and get themselves out of this mess before they end up a murder victim.

I suspect there might be at least one person in that bunch who knows what happened but was not involved and figured things out by putting two and two together. Knowledge like that can be deadly. And you never know, certain money obsessed people might deem this person is a liability or worth more dead than alive and they are the next to go missing. I hope this person, or any of that bunch for that matter, is sleeping with one eye open at night. And checking to make sure no one has recently taken out a life insurance policy on them. The best thing someone could do is go to LE ASAP and get themselves out of this mess before they end up a murder victim.

BBM
Wow...what a good point! If for NO other reason...!

Bumping for Mr. Harrod...it is almost two years!

Bumping for Mr. Harrod...it is almost two years!

Yes. And June 1st is Bob's birthday. I wonder if we'll see an acknowledgement by his daughters on other forums or the Facebook page.

Bob's daughter "J" was busy the other day organizing a search for a dog. She made phone calls, asked for volunteers to search, and physically searched herself.

Why didn't she do anything like this when her father went missing?

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/81119?page=0

Bob's daughter "J" was busy the other day organizing a search for a dog. She made phone calls, asked for volunteers to search, and physically searched herself.

Why didn't she do anything like this when her father went missing?

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/81119?page=0

I read that. She didn't only make phone calls...she had what appeared to be a group of volunteers looking for someone who was possibly a minor and who is believed to have been attacking the dog. She even made mention of knowing where this minor lives and where he and his friends are known to hang out.

No mention of a police report unless I missed it.

And not a peep when volunteers offered to help with the search for her missing father. In fact I seem to recall some threads at ROTW about Bob went the same route as the original IS thread about Bobs disappearance. Gone at the request of family.

I read that. She didn't only make phone calls...she had what appeared to be a group of volunteers looking for someone who was possibly a minor and who is believed to have been attacking the dog. She even made mention of knowing where this minor lives and where he and his friends are known to hang out.

No mention of a police report unless I missed it.

And not a peep when volunteers offered to help with the search for her missing father. In fact I seem to recall some threads at ROTW about Bob went the same route as the original IS thread about Bobs disappearance. Gone at the request of family.

How true...any post in these other forums that even smacks of searching for Mr. Harrod is dispensed with quickly, if acknowledged at all.

Still thinking and caring about Mr. Harrod.

Still thinking and caring about Mr. Harrod.

Me too. I think about him daily.
Still anxiously awaiting the results of whatever was found when his home was processed in March. No way to know for sure how long that process may take. I'm sure if LE had been able to clear his home as the crime scene that information would have been released to the public.

At this point, all we know for sure is, that Robert Harrod is missing.
We have no proof of anything that might have happened.

Anyone who had anything to do with his disappearance is not going
to talk.

My sense right now, is that forensic evidence will be the answer.
If something happened to him in that house, it has been found.
We are just waiting for the results.

Soon, please.

Yes, soon please.

Hate to see this thread on page 2, so bumping it up to page 1 again.

Sure hope LE is getting closer to a conclusion of all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member