DC DC - Mikhail Lesin, 57, former Putin aide, Washington DC, 5 Nov 2015

OK, I'll blab some more. This man was high up in Russian power circles, sort of 'star maker' in terms of media exposure for Putin, founded RT television etc. He's rich, owns a lot of US real estate, particularly in the LA (media central) area. He 'dies' by blunt force trauma in Nov in a middling hotel in a pretty safe part of DC. Not much stink made by anyone, including the Russians who have a 'report' that he died of a heart attack, even though no cause of death is given stateside for a while later. I think most people (including me) thought it was another 'Kremlin' job, but now I'm not so sure. I can't find anything about a funeral, state or otherwise. This man has a son who's a director in Hollywood, a high profile girlfriend etc. No one says goodbye? I think it would be hard to keep the body of such a man from loved ones for very long without some notoriety. If the Kremlin did it, they've done better than beating a guy up, then saying 'heart attack'. I'm not sure they'd be up to an assassination on US soil. I think maybe he's in Hawaii under WPP. He would be a treasure trove of info. Thoughts anyone?

I remember reading a short news story about this when it first happened, but honestly haven't read anything since then. I am very ​intrigued though and will do some reading and searching when I have time tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this to attention! Hopefully, I will have something intelligent to add to the discussion then.

I remember reading a short news story about this when it first happened, but honestly haven't read anything since then. I am very ​intrigued though and will do some reading and searching when I have time tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this to attention! Hopefully, I will have something intelligent to add to the discussion then.

Thanks KayElJay! It was getting a little lonely here :) I think you hit the nail on the head, it's a very intriguing case with astonishingly little 'buzz' given the current world situation. I guess that's why it so intriguing.

Thanks KayElJay! It was getting a little lonely here :) I think you hit the nail on the head, it's a very intriguing case with astonishingly little 'buzz' given the current world situation. I guess that's why it so intriguing.

Middling hotel in DC? Possibility of a meetup with a opposite/same sex prostitute? Beating/rough sex gone wrong (with or without robbery) and subsequent death? Given the current climate in Russia toward gay people and Putin's portrayal of himself, his government and his country as the world's latest strong man/men, such a scandal would be embarassing.

(Besides they would have given him a cup of polonium tea had the Russians really wanted him dead. Although that and a ricin infusion have become more than a little passé.

I found another article on this. It's surprising that there is so little about this (I vaguely remember hearing about it ages ago)
https://www.rt.com/news/338375-death-lesin-natural-causes/
That seems to be the most recent article about the investigation. The most recent article about him is about how his yacht has been sold. Which is several million dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a news report regarding Putin's car/driver today. I'll post something if it is confirmed by more 'mainstream' sources. Finding nothing on Lesin after April or so.....blows my mind!

Possibly inspired by the sale of one of Mr. Lesin's properties, there are a number of interesting articles 'marginal' news sites, The Daily Mail being the most 'legit', speculating about ML's case, even quoting 'unnamed' FBI agents who think it was a Putin job. For a quotable one, The New Yorker has a good article this June pointing out some interesting events of a similar nature, and mentions Mr. Lesin.
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/are-russian-operatives-attacking-putin-critics-in-the-us

Okay, only tabloid level stuff on the driver, but here's the official report on Lesin's death. It says he died of a head injuries after a period of heavy drinking. It's plausible, but I still can't shake my heavy dose of suspicion. https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...b2a63e-9d1f-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html

He sure had a lot of trauma for just supposedly falling around his hotel room. There were no stairs inside the room as far as I can tell.
Where did he even fell from to get all this trauma.

Hi Jenny, I personally think he fell on a baseball bat or blackjack several times.:winko:

Sorry about so many posts, but I was just thinking: From the article above, it sounds like he was drinking very heavily and pretty out of control, almost like he wanted to die, but I still don't buy that his injuries sound right for just falling down in a hotel room. What if he knew professionals were after him and he thought he'd beat them to the punch or, at least, be numbed by all the drinking before he got beaten up. Unfortunately, we'll probably never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back