NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive me if this has been mentioned already - I'm currently reading through the past Maura threads (I'm on 5!) to get caught up on this case, but I thought of somethign recently I had to mention.

The deployed airbags - I believe I read that both the drivers and the passenger's airbags had been deployed. Is this accurate? My question is, don't many cars that have airbags also have weight sensors in the seats, so that the airbag will only be deployed if the person is large enough to warrant it (i.e., not a child)? I know my mom's car does this - there's little lights in the control panel that indicate whether the drivers and passengers airbags are activated, and when I'm adjusting my sitting on the passenger side, sometimes the light goes out briefly when my weight is lifted off the seat... I didnt' realize it was automatic at first, and used to tease my mom that she was turning my airbag on and off depending on how much I was bugging her on a particular day.

Anyway, my point is - was Maura's car a new enough model, that the airbags would work this way? If so, someone had to be sitting in the passenger seat to cause it to go off.

Please forgive me if this has been mentioned already - I'm currently reading through the past Maura threads (I'm on 5!) to get caught up on this case, but I thought of somethign recently I had to mention.

The deployed airbags - I believe I read that both the drivers and the passenger's airbags had been deployed. Is this accurate? My question is, don't many cars that have airbags also have weight sensors in the seats, so that the airbag will only be deployed if the person is large enough to warrant it (i.e., not a child)? I know my mom's car does this - there's little lights in the control panel that indicate whether the drivers and passengers airbags are activated, and when I'm adjusting my sitting on the passenger side, sometimes the light goes out briefly when my weight is lifted off the seat... I didnt' realize it was automatic at first, and used to tease my mom that she was turning my airbag on and off depending on how much I was bugging her on a particular day.

Anyway, my point is - was Maura's car a new enough model, that the airbags would work this way? If so, someone had to be sitting in the passenger seat to cause it to go off.

I wish I knew the answer, but I'm guessing that her car didn't have that feature. I believe the only vehicles that had that feature in 1996 were high end such as BMW or Mercedes. I do recall that many cars didn't even have passenger airbags until about the mid 1990s. Airbags on the driver's side came first.

"Were the interviews in Florida with the bus driver and his wife police interviews or media interviews?"

Because I'm not at liberty to discuss details that I've given my word not to reveal I can only tell you this and let you expand on it to the best of your ability. The answer to your question is this: If it wasn't LE or Media conducting the interviews, Who does that leave that would have the authority to conduct interviews?

It absolutely pains me to have certain information that I gave my word I would not share. The reason it pains me so is ALL this time has passed and no conclusion has come to this case. I would be much more comfortable if ALL those involved in the investigation would release the information to the public at this time. To me it appears they are obviously stymied by the turn their investigation has taken. They may very well be holding the very pieces needed that the public may be able to put together after all this time. If they in fact have two pieces of hard evidence in their possession found at the crime scene as stated in a previous article by John Healey of the NH League of Private investigators I can only surmise those pieces contain only two things, 1) Articles they haven't found out who they belong to. 2) DNA evidence which has yielded no match to this day.
I don't like to sound as though I'm disgusted with the investigators in any way but time continues to march on with no answers and no new updates. I'm not a family member and this case rips at my gut everyday. I can only imagine what this is doing to the family.

I find it interesting that they claim they have 2 pieces of evidence which were found in the woods during one of the searches. I wonder if it became evidence after they tested it, or if they knew it was evidence right away? Maybe it took months for it to get processed at the forensics lab? LE didn't seem to think something like homicide happened to Maura in the beginning, unless they were keeping those thoughts to themselves to keep the perp from knowing what they have.

"Were the interviews in Florida with the bus driver and his wife police interviews or media interviews?"

Because I'm not at liberty to discuss details that I've given my word not to reveal I can only tell you this and let you expand on it to the best of your ability. The answer to your question is this: If it wasn't LE or Media conducting the interviews, Who does that leave that would have the authority to conduct interviews?

It absolutely pains me to have certain information that I gave my word I would not share. The reason it pains me so is ALL this time has passed and no conclusion has come to this case. I would be much more comfortable if ALL those involved in the investigation would release the information to the public at this time. To me it appears they are obviously stymied by the turn their investigation has taken. They may very well be holding the very pieces needed that the public may be able to put together after all this time. If they in fact have two pieces of hard evidence in their possession found at the crime scene as stated in a previous article by John Healey of the NH League of Private investigators I can only surmise those pieces contain only two things, 1) Articles they haven't found out who they belong to. 2) DNA evidence which has yielded no match to this day.
I don't like to sound as though I'm disgusted with the investigators in any way but time continues to march on with no answers and no new updates. I'm not a family member and this case rips at my gut everyday. I can only imagine what this is doing to the family.

I thought the SBD was not actually married to the gal he was with....
Speaking of interviews:
http://southshorexpress.com/maura-is-missing/83-maura-is-missing-the-epilogue.html

It absolutely pains me to have certain information that I gave my word I would not share. The reason it pains me so is ALL this time has passed and no conclusion has come to this case. I would be much more comfortable if ALL those involved in the investigation would release the information to the public at this time. To me it appears they are obviously stymied by the turn their investigation has taken. They may very well be holding the very pieces needed
that the public may be able to put together after all this time. If they in fact have two pieces of hard evidence in their possession found at the crime scene as stated in a previous article by John Healey of the NH League of Private investigators I can only surmise those pieces contain only two things, 1) Articles they haven't found out who they belong to. 2) DNA evidence which has yielded no match to this day.
I don't like to sound as though I'm disgusted with the investigators in any way
but time continues to march on with no answers and no new updates. I'm not a family member and this case rips at my gut everyday. I can only imagine what this is doing to the family.

My bold.

What are they stymied about and what turn in the investigation do you mean?

I havn't heard alot about fred since well the Disappeared show but he seems like the kinda guy that will almost solve this case on his own by hounding the cops which In order will hound thier poi's untill this thing gets solved. Reminds me of some of the stories you see on some documentry type crime shows . I know this much If Im freds neibhour and I borrow his shovell or maybe a lawnmore Im making sure he gets It back the same day. I could see him being on your door step asking for something you have of his and he wants It back from the night before lol. But hey In his daughters case I say good for him. We need more people In the world like Fred having a crime like this Is hard enough. Then u take the men , kids and women that are still In a morgue or now barried and even as adults with tatoes and necklaces birthmarks yet still sadlly remain john or jane doe's. So I say good for you Fred..

NH police search 2 cars after Maine mom vanishes

If you look on a map 112 (aka the kancamangus highway) goes right through it.

Mystery surrounds disappearance of young
mother at N.H. ski area parking lot

Note:Cranmore Ski Mountain is up Route 16 a little.

I'm curious as to what happened to this young woman, but my guess it was a boyfriend, acquaintance or ex of some sort, who hurt her. Makes me wonder how the perp got home from Cranmore, since the vehicle was left in the lot. I wonder if she was kidnapped from Portland or she was on a date that went bad?

I don't think it's related to Maura's case, but until facts come out, you never know for sure. Maybe this guy is from the area and was familiar with the area where the car was left.

I'm curious as to what happened to this young woman, but my guess it was a boyfriend, acquaintance or ex of some sort, who hurt her. Makes me wonder how the perp got home from Cranmore, since the vehicle was left in the lot. I wonder if she was kidnapped from Portland or she was on a date that went bad?

I don't think it's related to Maura's case, but until facts come out, you never know for sure. Maybe this guy is from the area and was familiar with the area where the car was left.

It's probably not related but it's good to be informed. If it's not solved in a few months, I'd start looking at Maura's case with this one. One of the reasons I always doubted foul play was that there really weren't any other incidents in the area, if you look at the NH cold case map.

It's probably not related but it's good to be informed. If it's not solved in a few months, I'd start looking at Maura's case with this one. One of the reasons I always doubted foul play was that there really weren't any other incidents in the area, if you look at the NH cold case map.

I noticed that too. There doesn't seem to be a "serial killer" in the area, but it could have been one of those situations where the perp took advantage of her being alone in an isolated area and sexually assaulted her (Maura) then realized she could ID him. His life would be ruined, if she went to LE. It could have been a one time thing.

Wasn't that forum getting nasty? Maybe the family thought it was getting out of hand? Too bad, we can't at least read the posts for the info.

IMO it was. There was an enormous amount of helpful information both from the family and those that contributed, but there was also quite a few that couldn't stick to the facts which IMO made it difficult for the family.

this is a joke i see you keep posting that you have this so called inside info but will not share it and ruin what? how old is this case now 8 9 years old ?its a complete joke to post this stuff and that they have not locked someone up they know that girl was taken by some local back of the woods inbreed...where else did this girl go in a matter of minutes never to be seen again. 1 would not blame mr. murray if he went postal on the whole police force that worked that case of course most are gone now untill they gave him the reports or info!

Happy Birthday Maura wherever you are.

Someday we will have all the answers.

I would seriously doubt it. It may only be 60 miles apart--but it is the Kancamagus Highway--across the White Mountains---two hours in good, summer, conditions and neither murder took place in summer conditions (I think they close it for a portion of the winter even). And the guys just arrested are from Ossippee, another 30 minute drive south of Conway--and they don't seem like more than local boys---and local seems to stay very local up here.

Using Boston as an example, it would be like saying a murder in Newburyport in 2004 was connected to a murder in Taunton last month, IMO. Maybe.....but very likely not.

Wondering if these men could be connected to Maura's case:

Three men arrested in death of mother who disappeared from N.H. ski area
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/05/11/three_men_arrested_in_death_of_mother_who_disappeared_from_nh_ski_area/

IMO, I doubt they are connected to Maura's case, but I wouldn't doubt that a person or persons similar to them (losers) had something to do with her disappearance. I do wonder why they went to Cranmore. Could one or both of them be very familiar with that area? It does make one wonder!

Just found this:

http://issuu.com/soco/docs/april11?...ght/layout.xml&showFlipBtn=true&pageNumber=76

Will be interesting to read...

Also see (thanks to "future criminologist") http://www.mauramurraymissing.com
has been updated.

Here's my rant: this case, and Molly Bish's, are the reason my handle is "future criminologist" and the reason I am taking the GREs next Saturday to prepare my graduate school applications. (I actually might write about them in my personal statements). I just read the new SOCO article and I really wish this case would get major national attention, and I mean negative attention for NH LE's total ineptitude and negligence. The attitude of NH state LE has always been nonchalant at best, negligent and uncaring at worst. It infuriates me to no end. DNA on a knife? didn't test it. carpet in a nearby home? didn't test it. Their response/defense to everything is "we can't reveal because it's an open case" because it's all they have - they know that if the case file were actually made public, it would show their true negligence and ineptitude. If this had happened in almost any other state this case would have been drastically different. I don't how they can justify not putting all hands on deck once they theorized it was a suicide - that person is in danger and the case should be treated as seriously as one would treat an abduction! Instead it was treated as if she was a wounded animal that had wandered off in the woods to die. "looks like she killed herself. what do you want us to do, Fred, LOOK for her?" I want to know if these so called professionals have children or even a smidgen of compassion or empathy. They seem to be purely motivated to protect their own a$$es at this point, not to find Maura. This is not a team of tireless detectives racking their brains and pursuing every avenue possible that you hear about who doggedly pursue and are haunted by a case for years. This case from the beginning has been about NH LE avoiding responsibility and making a minimal effort for appearance' sake. If thorough investigative efforts are too difficult for them they should have become mall cops.

I bet if Holly Bobo had gone missing in New Hampshire, they would have already concluded "she appears to have wandered off on her own and started a new life elsewhere - there's nothing more we can do."

And how sad that the only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members