IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the photo of Lauren leaving Smallwood alone from?

I think everyone have been feeling that Lauren's friends, although spoiled and party animals, weren't really involved.

This is the lead we needed to solve the case! Please everyone spread the picture of the white truck!

If the driver of this truck is involved I feel it is unlikely he would still have Lauren with him or admit to anything...other than running a red light.

But that doesn't matter, if he is involved it goes from being a needle in a haystack to a solid lead ...

I would imagine they can look at other cameras around the city on that night to see if they can find the same truck at other locations. Might be able to get a better picture.

If the driver of this truck is involved I feel it is unlikely he would still have Lauren with him or admit to anything...other than running a red light.

Well, if we find the truck, foresenic evidence can investigate if Lauren was there.

Also, he might be a crazy abductor who's keeping her alive - like Dugard... We never know.

A stranger abduction is the better chance for Lauren to be alive and kept somewhere by some crazy person. We need to find that truck owner ASAP!

I wonder what she's carrying in that photo? It looks like a jacket, but nothing like that was ever mentioned. It's probably irrelevant, but still a detail.
I was racking my brain trying to remember if we heard Lauren had a jacket or sweater with her that night. It certainly looks like she did in the photo. It might be irrelevant, but I'm still curiuos about where she left it.

I think everyone have been feeling that Lauren's friends, although spoiled and party animals, weren't really involved.

This is the lead we needed to solve the case! Please everyone spread the picture of the white truck!

Opinions and feelings vary and change. Lots of gray in the world.

Someone should know who that truck belongs to and contact LE soon...
Seems like a kind of too-recognizable vehicle for an abduction but as we know criminals are not always bright and often do things on spur of the moment. May not have known this area was covered with cameras.

Opinions and feelings vary and change. Lots of gray in the world.

Agree. But normally, in these cases, the public has a pretty strong opinion about the friends/SO's involvement.

In this case I felt like we were all not confident about any of the guys' involvements. We changed opinions way too often because everyone's story seemed to make sense and they lacked a motive...

But let's wait and see. It's not over until it's over.

Morton St ends at 11th, so my big question now is which direction did the truck turn when it reached 11th?

I'm thinking about the discussion last night about the Crestmont area, or what locals call "the hill". Left on 11th would be heading in that general direction.

Someone should know who that truck belongs to and contact LE soon...
Seems like a kind of too-recognizable vehicle for an abduction but as we know criminals are not always bright and often do things on spur of the moment. May not have known this area was covered with cameras.

Exactly! And I mean, If he is, indeed, involved, he got lucky that he snatched Lauren where cameras weren't capturing it.

Camera capture a lot - but not everything.

Morton St ends at 11th, so my big question now is which direction did the truck turn when it reached 11th?

My thoughts exactly! I hope LE has viewed any videos that could indicate where the vehicle went from there. They probably wouldn't be able to view the vehicle's entire journey, but just having footage of the general direction the vehicle was headed could help a lot, I bet.

Finding the truck and driver may not lead to Lauren...it MAY lead to another POI, someone who was acting in a suspcious manner. But perhaps it could rule out some other POI's if indeed any trace of Lauren is to be found in the truck.

Good question. Here are some possibilities:

He could have turned left, which would have sent him west towards the Hill.

He could have turned right onto 11th and then right on College. But then he would reappear on camera because I *think* there's a traffic camera at 10th and College. No matter where, he'd be heading downtown again and there should be some footage of him at some point. Anyway, that would have him heading towards the south side of Bloomington and then towards Bedford.

He could have turned right onto 11th and then straight to Walnut. Eleventh ends there and he would have had to turn left onto Walnut. I would have to drive by and look but I doubt there's a camera on Walnut until maybe at 17th (and that's a maybe). From there he could have gone west either onto the west side of Bloomington or to Ellettsville or he could have gone east which would have him heading to campus (and probably cameras). He could have continued north which would put him on 37 towards Martinsville/Indianapolis.

Of course, there's a ton of possibilities between here and there.

No matter what, I don't think any college guys would be driving a truck like that.

Theorizing that the 4:15 a.m. phone call to DR is roughly correct, and this is a stranger abduction, I had the following thought. Given locations of cameras, I'm not sure if this is feasible, but it's an idea.

The first time the vehicle drives by is 4:13/4:14. What if LS was outside JR's apartment saying "bye" to him at this time and "proving" that she could walk without stumbling? What if that vehicle drove by the first time and saw her getting ready to leave and got the idea of potentially abducting her if she continued alone?

Then, he drove around the block, waited and then picked her up when she was out of view from JR. That would explain the 10 minute gap between the vehicle's appearances.

I wonder if JR could jog his memory and remember if he saw anything unusual when LS was leaving.

Just a theory! :)

lauren-vehicle_20110615114823_640_480.JPG

http://www.wishtv.com/

Someone has GOT to recognize this truck!

(Oh and have I told you all how much I despise white trucks? Grrrr :innocent:)

I am confused about the photo of Lauren leaving Smallwood alone...what time this was? Was she alone or was CR removed from the video? I am having trouble recalling when she would have left Smallwood alone, that is where she lives and the altercation took place, right?

Hey all,

Been reading Websleuth's for awhile and particularly this case since I live in Bloomington. Finally decided to make an account.

Note that the police have the truck moving westward at the 10th and Morton intersection without stopping. (If I'm wrong, I apologize.) This takes it to Rogers St. after a winding turn through the Showers Plaza and then either North or South. One block northward, 11th St. can go westward, thru "The Hill" area and then out to Highway 37 or further North. Southward is anybody's guess...

I'm thinking about the discussion last night about the Crestmont area, or what locals call "the hill". Left on 11th would be heading in that general direction.

I wouldn't jump the gun on this truck. That looks like a construction truck and there are construction sites all over the place in B-ton right now. 4am seems a little early for construction workers but not out of the question. And some of these workers come from out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie