Is Your Dog Smarter Than A Family Member?

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linky

Your family dog may be smarter than your toddler

By Doug Gross
CNN

(CNN) -- Your dog may not actually be smarter than somebody's honor student -- popular bumper stickers aside. But your canine companion might well be smarter than their toddler, according to a growing body of research on how dogs think.

My brother is certainly not a toddler but I'd be willing to bet a well trained Wolfhound could give him a run for his money. Just sayin :bang:

Top Five

1. Border collies
2. Poodles
3. German shepherds
4. Golden retrievers
5. Doberman pinchers

Bottom Five

106. Borzoi
107. Chow chow
108. Bulldog
109. Basenji
110. Afghan hound

Source: "The Intelligence of Dogs"

I was surprised by the Afghan hound being on the list. After all they are capable of knitting afghans. :crazy::eek:

Good article! I've always thought dogs were smart little creatures!

I know for a fact my dog is smarter than my Husband. And my dog listens and don't leave messes all over the house like he does.

I have two Golden Retrievers and I can say for a fact they are smarter than my 22 year-old son. Sad but true.

I know for a fact my dog is smarter than my Husband. And my dog listens and don't leave messes all over the house like he does.

I have two Golden Retrievers and I can say for a fact they are smarter than my 22 year-old son. Sad but true.

See if you can teach him to sit, stay, roll over and put a chocolate chip cookie on his nose and see if he won't eat it until you say "GO". When he's in the backyard does he try to scratch his way under the fence? :eek:

Does he seem unusually preoccupied when, when cats and squirrels walk by? How many times have you caught him drinking out of the toilet? :eek:

Can you train him to go in the same place in the yard every time? Does he growl when you try to take away his Wii? Does he beg at the table? Do you feed him table scraps? :waitasec:

Does he sniff a girls butt when he first meets her? :eek:

Does he come running when he hears the can opener? Does he shake himself dry when he gets out of the shower? Does he sniff around in the yard? Have you ever caught him running away from a wet fire hydrant?

These are important clues, I would think. :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back