Ground Searches & communication from LE: UPDATES

I wonder why they are checking there too and why now unless they think chad or some one had something to do with it.I really don't know.I really feel they are going way in the wrong direction.I feel they need to be checking MC's parents or family's or MC friends house and property or the pond? area TN wanted checked or maybe near or around the bridge near palatka.I am glad they are searching.They should have done this a long time ago and checked other areas also with Cadaver dogs.

Yes ma'am. The article states that they are searching the property because they have statements that the family made that they buried various animals on their land....horses, donkey's,....LE wants to make sure that animals is all they will find I guess. Crossing all the i's and dotting all the t's.

They have divers searching as well. Per HLN it was just on there. I saw it on HLN and immediatly came to WS to see what was going on,

I've always been more suspicious of bio-mom then RC so none of this is a suprise to me!

Timeline allows for Haleigh to have gotten that far? :confused:

Article seems to suggest buried horses...and LE doing the search in order to do "due dilligence".

That doesn't quite explain draining a pond...and no word on cadaver dogs...:waitasec:

:confused:

Guys I just want to say, I know this wants to seem promising for many of us, but I think it is important not to make assumptions or get carried away. Please remember the dumpster search done in Satsuma.

Although it might make sense to many posters that LE is out searching and digging in Baker County, if you go to the link on the first article you will read that they are searching there because of family statements that they buried their dead animals on the property and they are searching to be sure that is all that is there.

I wonder why they are checking there too and why now unless they think chad or some one had something to do with it.I really don't know.I really feel they are going way in the wrong direction.I feel they need to be checking MC's parents or family's or MC friends house and property or the pond? area TN wanted checked or maybe near or around the bridge near palatka.I am glad they are searching.They should have done this a long time ago and checked other areas also with Cadaver dogs.

Iagree,I* just don,t believe either parent was involved,but i sure am glad they are looking.Ialso believe they should be looking at MC and places she might be linked to.

I'm so glad they're still doing something!

But it bothers me that the news said there were large animals such as horses and goats buried there and LE supposedly wants to go back now because on their previous search they hadn't searched the animal graves. Have they been buried since Haleigh went missing? Otherwise I can't understand just WHAT they searched when they were there before if they didn't look at places where people had been digging. The same goes for the pond and underneath the trailers. How come those didn't get checked the time before? What exactly did they check the time before?

I'm so glad they're still doing something!

But it bothers me that the news said there were large animals such as horses and goats buried there and LE supposedly wants to go back now because on their previous search they hadn't searched the animal graves. Have they been buried since Haleigh went missing? Otherwise I can't understand just WHAT they searched when they were there before if they didn't look at places where people had been digging. The same goes for the pond and underneath the trailers. How come those didn't get checked the time before? What exactly did they check the time before?

Donjeta I might be a southern girl but I find myself wondering what might be off kilter for an animal to be buried on the property. Does anyone reading here have a farm or...have insight as to what happens with large farm animals when they die? Do you bury them on the farm or does someone come and take them away? Don't laugh I am having a airhead moment.

Guys I just want to say, I know this wants to seem promising for many of us, but I think it is important not to make assumptions or get carried away. Please remember the dumpster search done in Satsuma.

Although it might make sense to many posters that LE is out searching and digging in Baker County, if you go to the link on the first article you will read that they are searching there because of family statements that they buried their dead animals on the property and they are searching to be sure that is all that is there.

Yes, but I don't think the family statements are the only reason, according the 2nd article linked, they also received a tip....
Not that I actually believe she is there, just repeating what was reported by the Putnam County officials..

Putnam County officials said a tip prompted several law enforcement agencies to mount a search of the property where Crystal Sheffield lives with her grandmother.

Link here
http://www.news4jax.com/news/19869545/detail.html

Donjeta I might be a southern girl but I find myself wondering what might be off kilter for an animal to be buried on the property. Does anyone reading here have a farm or...have insight as to what happens with large farm animals when they die? Do you bury them on the farm or does someone come and take them away? Don't laugh I am having a airhead moment.

Most people I have known with large animals like this will have the rendering plant come pick them up . It is quite the project to dig a hole to bury a horse unless you have a backhoe. If the people have enough property they will just allow it to decompose.

Most people I have known with large animals like this will have the rendering plant come pick them up . It is quite the project to dig a hole to bury a horse unless you have a backhoe. If the people have enough property they will just allow it to decompose.

Thank you rose, I thought about when my beloved black lab died here in Alabama, the ground is very hard and it is mostly red clay rather than dirt. Even my hubby, who is quite the man....lol....did not attempt to dig. It seems trying to dig in Florida would be worse. Any locals give insight?

Thank you rose, I thought about when my beloved black lab died here in Alabama, the ground is very hard and it is mostly red clay rather than dirt. Even my hubby, who is quite the man....lol....did not attempt to dig. It seems trying to dig in Florida would be worse. Any locals give insight?

Mostly sand here on the West coast, she is about 3 hours North of me, sort of in the Center of FL. It would be an easy dig in my opinion. The ground is soft and has lots of sand and grit. But I could be wrong.

I am sure it is normal to bury livestock that has passed away on a farm, if not slautered for meat. I have a farm and we would bury (if we lost animals form natural causes) them. We have lost an occasional dog that has been ran over ,but, never our horses,pigs,cows,ckickens, ducks etc.. We raise our meat to eat or take it to the vet, and they have taken care of our sick and dying animals.
Why would you loose more than one large animal at one time and bury them on your property? I am sure that someone needed to be made aware of that type of illness that is effecting a large amount of livestock and being buried.
A little fishy to me.

7 hrs
1 1/2 hrs can be allowed for drive time.
4 1/2 hrs is in question.

The 1 1/2 hrs drive time would of been feasiable if she had left within 30 min of finding out.
I would of left immediatly, but, that is me.

Will check back in later ,must run LOL and melt in this texas heat and get some work done.

7 hrs
1 1/2 hrs can be allowed for drive time.
4 1/2 hrs is in question.

The 1 1/2 hrs drive time would of been feasiable if she had left within 30 min of finding out.
I would of left immediatly, but, that is me.

as would I, however I believe there were reports that Crystal called her father first to see if it was a prank. I can understand to a small degree that there would be unbelief that my child was missing....but I would get in the car and ask questions later. That's just me....only Crystal would know her own reaction's appropriateness.

Yes, but I don't think the family statements are the only reason, according the 2nd article linked, they also received a tip....
Not that I actually believe she is there, just repeating what was reported by the Putnam County officials..

Putnam County officials said a tip prompted several law enforcement agencies to mount a search of the property where Crystal Sheffield lives with her grandmother.

Link here
http://www.news4jax.com/news/19869545/detail.html

I can't find that quote in the link above, am I blind or did it get updated?

I wouldn't make too much out of it. I suppose "tip" might be just another way of saying that one or more people in and outside of the family told them there were animal burial sites on the property.

As for the animals getting ill and dying, it might be just a coincidence, or maybe if the persons who normally take care of them were camping at the Haleigh vigils, whoever they got to cover for the animals might not have had as good an eye to their health and didn't call the vet as soon as they should have? Or maybe some of the graves are old.

I didn't know Crystal and Marie have horses and other farm animals. Or do they belong to some other relative?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back