UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless this precious little soul. My prayers are with his daddy and his family tonight.

Much like little Robert Manwill, this little guy was sent for a visit with his mom/stepmonster and now will never return home again.

So many tears, so many tiny little coffins.

Something has to change.

And of course he has previous charges.

Nathanael Warren Sloop
3/13/2003 Poss W/intent To Manufct/produce C/s Guilty

Nathanael Warren Sloop
6/12/2001 Disorderly Conduct {Guilty Plea}

Nathanael Warren Sloop
6/12/2001 Fail To Obey Peace Officer {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Sloop
5/19/2000 Criminal Mischief {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Sloop
5/19/2000 Disorderly Conduct {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Warren Sloop
7/21/2003 Illegal Poss/use Of Controlled Substance Guilty

http://www.utahsright.com/charges.php?first=&last=sloop&search=1

Even if you ran a criminal background check - you wouldn't be too alarmed, he's not a registered sex offender. Of course we know hints of violence can later turn into murder - but how would a 21 yo know that. She had to be pregnant at 16 or so, maybe daddy isn't that great. MOO mho and all that stuff.

At the presser they said they are charging her with homicide

Actually this is not true. They stated they are charging the step father with Murder, and her with child abuse and the other crimes.

And of course he has previous charges.

Nathanael Warren Sloop
3/13/2003 Poss W/intent To Manufct/produce C/s Guilty

Nathanael Warren Sloop
6/12/2001 Disorderly Conduct {Guilty Plea}

Nathanael Warren Sloop
6/12/2001 Fail To Obey Peace Officer {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Sloop
5/19/2000 Criminal Mischief {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Sloop
5/19/2000 Disorderly Conduct {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Warren Sloop
7/21/2003 Illegal Poss/use Of Controlled Substance Guilty

http://www.utahsright.com/charges.php?first=&last=sloop&search=1

now they can murder and the other charges to that list The :furious:

I'm disappointed to learn that although Utah is a death penalty state, they have only executed six people since 1977. That's six people in 33 years.

Wonder why moms mug hasn't showed up yet ....

Darlin Gal, somehow the Thanks button just didn't seem right for the picture, but thank you for posting. Heartbreaking, nothing short of heartbreaking.

Yes, but AP needs to edit their caption. "Investigators with the Weber County Sheriff's Office carry a blue bag down a mountain trail near the Powder Mountain Ski Resort in Eden, Utah following an all-day search for a missing 4-year-old boy from the nearby town of Layton, Tuesday, May 11, 2010. Ethan Stacy was last seen in bed by his mother in their apartment late Monday night. (AP Photo/Colin E. Braley)"

:furious:

Even if you ran a criminal background check - you wouldn't be too alarmed, he's not a registered sex offender. Of course we know hints of violence can later turn into murder - but how would a 21 yo know that. She had to be pregnant at 16 or so, maybe daddy isn't that great. MOO mho and all that stuff.

I believe she is 27

I agree. It was speculated earlier within the thread that perhaps mom was trying to get away from a bad relationship. If that is the case, then one should PASS on visits with their child until they can ensure a safe environment. Clearly in this case, the mom CHOSE to allow her son to come to her home and into whatever abusive situation she had and CHOSE to take her son AWAY from the safer environment with his bio daddy. She is as equally responsible and reprehensible in my eyes for NOT putting her child first! :furious:

JMVHO

Seems that would be incongruous with what someone else posted showing that mom just married step-dad 10 days ago!

How was she allowed by courts to bring the child into a home with a person with a criminal record? There must be charges for that as well...I wonder if Ethan's father about his background? He should have been able to prevent the visit, if he did, I would think...so maybe he did not. Or the mother lied about him living with her.

I don't think a plea deal could have been reached so early on...or needs to be honored if some kind of promise was made, not sure. But it is possible the charges she does face would equal a life sentence. I think maybe she discovered what the BF had done and helped him with the "after" part...which possibly could keep her from the murder charge if she was not there or awake when it happened...

Seems that would be incongruous with what someone else posted showing that mom just married step-dad 10 days ago!

I think the person that posted the May 1 date meant that was when the boy came to be with his mother, not that she and the step father had been married on that date.

Thank the Gods that he was caught and can't hurt any more children. One is horrific enough.

Rest in peace little Ethan - may justice be swift and severe. Fly with the angels little one.

Mom wasn't charged with murder - I bet she made a plea deal and told LE where her son's body was. moo
from the AP article linked above:

"Atkin said either the mother, stepfather or both revealed the location of Ethan's body and that searchers dug up his remains. Five officers were seen carrying a blue bag out of the woods late Tuesday afternoon."

SS's age is listed as 27.

I think the person that posted the May 1 date meant that was when the boy came to be with his mother, not that she and the step father had been married on that date.

Atkin said the Sloops were married earlier in May.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...r-murder-of-Ethan/aiCWEWSRsEuzmOWwhTWV3Q.cspx

So many tears, so many tiny little coffins.

Something has to change.

That's all I've been thinking all afternoon and evening. From when we started waiting, and we knew what we were going to hear, what it going to be.

It has to change. It has to stop. These are people, human beings, not punching bags. Not objects to torture and kill. They're little people.

I really can't stand it any more. Some of these little sweethearts grab you in a special way, and this little guy with his cute little glasses and cute little grin grabbed me. I can't stand to think what he went through. It just has to stop. It HAS to.

C/S stands for controlled substance .

I know... wouldn't meth fall under that statute? Just trying to figure out what c/s can be manufactured. Meth was first thing I thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita