Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Someone posted the link (sorry, can't find the post now) to Joran's entire confession in Spanish! It happened days ago and I didn't notice.

I thought we just had half-translated bits of it, not the original version in scanned pdf. If someone wants a real-person translation of a few of the questions I can do it...

I know it has been discussed that the white tin that was photographed with the items that were supposedly given to the cab driver was possibly powder henna but I noticed that in his confession, Joran said that he had given the cab drivers 2 bottles of "perfume".

Is it possible that the white tin is some type of cologne? I know Versace uses a tin for packaging of it's blue, white and black jeans cologne and I think there is another cologne called Curve that comes in a tin.

He also says that he gave them several shirts, and a pair of jeans. Was just wondering if maybe the other picture of the t-shirts, jeans and shorts was other items given to the cab drivers rather than items found in the hotel room.

Sounds to me like he just gave them his whole beige duffel bag and all of the items that were in it and maybe his watch, camera and cell phone. He also rambles on I think about getting their phone number so he can get his stuff back, well at least the watch, so is that what really happened? He gave them his bag as "collateral" until he could come up with the extra $500 he owed them? Since most bank machines only dispense $500 as a daily limit, was he planning on going back to the ATM the following day after having depleted his daily limit with the first $500 he drew out, getting the money and calling the cab drivers to meet him to get his stuff back?

I wonder what happened if that was the case. And I wonder whose account he was taking that money from. Perhaps at that point both his and Stephany's accounts were frozen so he couldn't get any money and couldn't get his stuff back?

from radaonline-

snipped

We did that and then came his friends turn. They asked $ 1,500 for the trip. I agreed. I had at that time only $ 500 cash in his pocket. I said I would pin the rest from an ATM. We left in a white mini van, but said the move wegpolitie our papers. The drivers then advised me to throw away a bag. I threw my briefcase beige sport away.

Then they said they would bring me to Arica when my stuff would not specify. They wanted my cell phone, my watch, two perfumes, books, clothing (including jeans and a few polos from Lacoste brand) and some other stuff. When we arrived at the border post, in Tacna , remained one of the drivers behind because his ID was fake.

I went across the border with the two Peruvians who had ridden piece from Nazca. Until we, at approximately 16:00 on May 31, arrived in Chile . I tried with my debit card to one thousand U.S. dollars, but I could only get five hundred. The Peruvians said that I also had to pay the rest. To have no problems with them, told me that I had two watches, one of the Ferrari brand, with a value of $ 7000.

I gave the watch to one of them, but the other kept it with him. I promised that I would call a day later and I was by Western Union the remaining $ 500 would make. At the time of transfer, I would tell them where they had to give back the watch. If I would have inside, I'd pay $ 500. After having agreed that, they left.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...r-sloots-confession-read-entire-document-here

It would be horribly difficult to be objective in BH's position. IMO her lawyer's job should have been to cut through the bull-stuff like this. JVS never told the real story before [to my knowledge]. I don't know why they thought he would this time.

To me it looks like this extortion sting was a tremendous waste of NHRC's resources money, time, attention, and energy.

Yes. I am sure she would be in the dumps at this point however a talking head on NG made a good point which has some redemption in it, I think:
They have 2 concrete charges on JVS which will put him away for a long
time regardless of what happens in Peru. Nobody could have anticipated what would happen next ...

Anyone else getting the impression that Mr Altez may be trying to make as much money as possible from this case by promising Joran and his family the moon knowing full well that the final outcome is going to be pretty much the same?

Yep. High-dollar smoke & mirrors performance. The evidence is a prosecutor's dream-come-true, and the defense attorney knows it. Really, if I were that prosecutor, I'd put his confession in the shredder just for fun. Don't need it. Got live video with a smokin' coffee cup.

(The attorney) is likely the only one who will benefit from these tactics and (JVS) will get the maximum sentence because of it.

DARN it.

I must not have seen all the evidence in The Holloway case that you have because I believe he is guilty. Maybe it's because his stories have changed so much. I have a brother that is a liar but you know what when he is in trouble and it would be in his best interest to not tell the truth, he does....such as Did you steal your brother's credit cards...yes, hold on let me go get them for you. I just can not imagine an innocent person going around confessing to murder even for money. I would think no one would want to be suspected in a murder let alone help people think you are a murderer. Joran's behavior screams...Yea I did it, people are covering for me, I'm not scared of going to jail, so I will brag to the world that I killed Natalee and got away with it. I could be wrong, you never know. But I would think the odds of one person being involved in a conspriacry theory isn't that great but to be involved in two in a short 5 years is even less likely.

I wonder if anyone has actually calculated the odds on this: 2 murdered
women in 5 years to the day with a single person (Joran) involved?
I chose the word "involved" (and don't use "cause") on purpose because
the assocuiation may be unproved, but the association is a fact. I would
like to see these odds (actual probability of the occurence) calculated.
If it is ever proved he did two murders and the second intentional five years to the day, then that will change his clasisifcation and it was
intentional............ deep stuff!

from radaonline-

snipped

We did that and then came his friends turn. They asked $ 1,500 for the trip. I agreed. I had at that time only $ 500 cash in his pocket. I said I would pin the rest from an ATM. We left in a white mini van, but said the move wegpolitie our papers. The drivers then advised me to throw away a bag. I threw my briefcase beige sport away.

Then they said they would bring me to Arica when my stuff would not specify. They wanted my cell phone, my watch, two perfumes, books, clothing (including jeans and a few polos from Lacoste brand) and some other stuff. When we arrived at the border post, in Tacna , remained one of the drivers behind because his ID was fake.

I went across the border with the two Peruvians who had ridden piece from Nazca. Until we, at approximately 16:00 on May 31, arrived in Chile . I tried with my debit card to one thousand U.S. dollars, but I could only get five hundred. The Peruvians said that I also had to pay the rest. To have no problems with them, told me that I had two watches, one of the Ferrari brand, with a value of $ 7000.

I gave the watch to one of them, but the other kept it with him. I promised that I would call a day later and I was by Western Union the remaining $ 500 would make. At the time of transfer, I would tell them where they had to give back the watch. If I would have inside, I'd pay $ 500. After having agreed that, they left.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...r-sloots-confession-read-entire-document-here

Thanks for posting that part of the confession Selena. I noticed that in the translation it came up as Joran stating "I used MY debit card"... so he claims to have had at least $1000 in his account. Enough to get back to Aruba prior to the murder if he had wanted to.

@Kamille--I do like your posts amongst others here and agree the case of SF is alot about NH, too. You do say tho that's b/c the fact Joran is the one person intertwining them, so well it's kind of hard not to bring in Natalee's case into the comments. I don't post much but have always believed Joran did something bad to NH before she disappeared. I would also like if the poster that can translate for many of us about Stephany to please do so. I enjoy reading all posts here and know we should also get to know as much about Stephay as we can. I'm so sad this happened to another innocent young lady. Thank you all for your theories, points of interst and keeping us informed about both of these caes....jmo and 2 cents worth.

I'm with ya. I too believe that if JVS could have gotten Stephany's body out of the hotel room, he would have used her death as "income" too (paid media interviews, extortion).

of course he would have ... they would have detained him anyway because Peru is NOT Aruba ...

Not that one story alone, of course not. There were many more when given the chance, gave good insights of what Joran was like in school. Of course, the stories came from those people "that Anita and Paulus didn't lose any sleep over", namely Arubans who were pushed around by some of the elitists.

In prior posts you mentioned all the "co-incidences" in the case on Stepheny and Natalee. I wonder about one specific co-incidence, and that is, out of Joran's mouth came the words that Natalee told him she was a lesbian, and Stepheny was a noted lesbian (please don't take this as derogatory against the girls, it is not meant to be), just made me wonder that if Natalee really told him that, it may have been to guard herself against his advances. Did Stepheny tell him she was and did he blow over that?

why do I get the feeling Joran would say 'a light bulb is a lesbian'
if it failed to turn on and he wanted it on. I think his issue is CONQUEST.
Conquests in gambling and everywhere else. It cycles and feeds in his identity and who knows where (how) he got that? After calm periods he always needs to come and feed ... like nos feratu.

I've removed several posts. Stop bickering and stay on topic. The topic of Stephany's murder.

Thanks,

Salem

We all have rights, that is correct. Stepheny had a right to live! Doesn't that bother you one bit? Beth has a right to know where Natalee is.
After seeing that Joran is a hero in your eyes, and others at another place think Joran innocent despite the rock solid evidence, I have come to a conclusion that should I ever be faced going to court, I will never request a 'jury', ever.

I suppose if Joran appears in front of the Judge, with a bible under his arm and his hands clasped in prayers, we will be hearing he is a changed man and has repented?

even his genome. I can hear the debate now and see the grant papers
being written ... looking for this thing called "fire" .... and the "wheel" ...
in the Post-Joran Age. Will political candidates have to declare their
positions on Joran-yea vrs. Joran-ney? Answer: I dont think so! :waitasec:

I was under the impression that the "confession" that was extracted from Joran in the car ride was an undercover sting set up by a news reporter out of the Netherlands. Joran was not aware that this conversation with someone he considered to be a friend was being recorded. He was not paid for this story, he was talking and bragging to a friend about what happened while smoking a joint during a car ride.

Yes, you are absolutely right. This is probably the closest thing to a true confession that we have heard from him. The only "lie" in that confession (IMHO) was that he said he called a friend to dispose of the body. And then added "not my father." I think it was the father because at one point after JVS was arrested Paulus had said, "I will do ANYTHING for my son." I heard Dave Holloway saying on NG also that he believes this is the version closest to the truth. He was talking in confidence to someone he considered a friend - no reason to lie there.

But we all know Joran came out later and said it was all a lie, the man was not his friend and he barely knew the guy, and he knew it was a setup so he lied and laughed afterwards.

Some time in the future there may be laws to govern this kind of thing.

Peru: A woman visits Van der Sloot twice a week, prison workers say

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-12...s-van-der-sloot-twice-week-prison-workers-say

snipped:

His mother has not come to Peru, but a mysterious woman visits Dutch national Joran van der Sloot at Castro Castro prison twice a week, according to prison workers quoted by a local daily.

At first I thought this might be a representative from the Dutch Embassy. Of course, a rep probably wouldn't be considered a 'mysterious woman'.

Then I found a translation of the Dutch newspaper's interview with Joran, in which it says that "The embassy visits him once a week and they pay him 30 euros a month for shopping in a little prison shop. The food is almost literally bread and water, says Van der Sloot. 'In the morning, watery tea and a dry bun. In the afternoon we get rice and beans. I can buy something extra at a small restaurant, but you must also pay the guards to get it into your cell.' "

About 1/2 way down the page: http://bb.visitaruba.com/f2/vandersloot-wanted-peru-14673/index4.html

There was an article in the Dutch press from the ghost writer of his book which has been translated by Hannie. The part I've bolded is extremely telling IMO. He was telling as close to the truth on the van der Eem/de Vries tape as there has been revealed so far. Couple that with the fact that the police asked the family if Natalee had a history of epilepsy with what you see him do on the tape. If this has already been posted...sorry.

The magazine is REVU Mijn jaar me Joran

Text here:

An amazing story. Family dynamics completely dysfunctional. The father
comes off as a total ineffectual wimp compared to Anita's influence.
Joran comes off as an extremely vain person who would lie even if he
was innocent! If he is innocent he is definately passive-aggressive.

Peru: A woman visits Van der Sloot twice a week, prison workers say

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-12...s-van-der-sloot-twice-week-prison-workers-say

snipped:

His mother has not come to Peru, but a mysterious woman visits Dutch national Joran van der Sloot at Castro Castro prison twice a week, according to prison workers quoted by a local daily.

"The mysterious visitor takes canned food and groceries, allegedly on behalf of the Netherlands citizen mother, Anita van der Sloot"

http://translate.google.com/transla...r-extranjera-visita-joran-van-der-sloot-penal

Since I wasn't privy to the conversation between Beth, Greta and Anita, I wouldn't know. All I'm saying is that I recall reading that Anita described the underwear in such detail as to describe the embroidering on it. What her purpose for doing so is beyond me. Maybe she was relating what was told to her by her son? I don't know. ??

I can tell you this... if I put credibility in any of the three present during that conversation, Anita would be at the bottom of that list.

Incidentally, the poster 'medleyrelay' is well known as a long time staunch Vandersloot supporter and personal friend who also goes by several different aliases. Just sayin'...

Hmm...

How do you describe somebody's "underwear" without having seen it
or had it described to you, by somebody? ! :woohoo:
Maybe Anita went out and found her intinerate son Joran and she
killed Natalie for enticing her son? :waitasec: Wives go out and sometimes
kill their husband's lovers, and vica-versa. It would not be the first
time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online