Media Exposure - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i tried to edit my post after i was looking for his link but it wouldnt go through anyways i found it from wikpedia and omg you dont even want to see it i clicked on one link and every missing person was a girl no guys how sick is that then on top of it it says this is an archived website it was ran between the years of such and such to such and such

I cannot access the site from my work computer - is Anna's case still on that site?

I haven't been to the site for a while. But I am wondering- how did he come up with the info about Anna? There aren't that many places discussing her case.

yes she is still on that website i was on the page maybe 2 minutes

I haven't been to the site for a while. But I am wondering- how did he come up with the info about Anna? There aren't that many places discussing her case.

He links to the doenetwork and GinaM's website about Anna. GinaM is the one who brought this to my attention and is horrified that her honest effort to assist in the search for Anna has been hijacked by this a-hole. I guess that this is the dark side of trying to get as much publicity as possible - even the bad guys hear about Anna.

This is really only related to the forum. When I view as a guest, I only see half the threads in Anna's forum. Anyone else notice this?

Sherlock- that is true for me as well. I tried logging out and the last thread that I could see was the "Theory #4" one. Anything below that is not accessible for guests.

I am sure this is by design though, and I would imagine that it is the same with all forums?

ETA.... checked again. This seems to happen only with Spotlight Cases.

With the Ali Gilmore forum, guests only see down to "husband gets Gilmore's assets".

With the ANS forum, I could see 8 pages of threads.

*Perhaps* this setting could be changed.... or it may be in place to lower bandwidth usage (I really know nothing about messabe boards and how that would affect bandwidth- just a guess!)

*Perhaps* this setting could be changed.... or it may be in place to lower bandwidth usage (I really know nothing about messabe boards and how that would affect bandwidth- just a guess!)

I think it is just that for guests, the default is that they only see last month's posts; for logged in users, the default is that they see all posts. There's a drop-down box at the bottom of the forum under Display Options that even guests can change to see postings since the beginning.

Whilst digging around on the 'net, I found this:

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
THE SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
April 29, 1996

A MISSING CHILD

Editor -- In Thursday morning's paper you mention several disappearances of children in the Bay Area, saying that Angela Bugay was the ``first in a series'' . . . My daughter, Anna Christian Waters, disappeared from our home in Half Moon Bay in 1973 at the age of 5; the case has never been closed in San Mateo County, and while I know it has been a lifetime since her disappearance, I feel somehow compelled to let people know she was never accounted for and that her disappearance was never resolved.

I wrote Marc Klaas recently and asked him if he thought I should simply put this behind me (the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children still circulates an age-advanced picture of Anna). He said that he didn't believe, had they not found Polly Klaas' body, he would ever be able to give up looking for her until the case was resolved in some way.

MICHAELE BENEDICT

Whilst digging around on the 'net, I found this:...

When I first started looking into Anna's case and was wondered if I should contact Annasmom (we hadn't communicated in a decade or so) and possibly "reopen wounds" that had perhaps healed, it was this letter to the editor that convinced me that I should make contact. And the rest is history...

Oh man! When I saw a new post in this thread, I thought it was "The Big One"!!!

But still good news nevertheless!

Thank you Sherlock!

I too am hoping, and praying everytime I see a post.......

I have to make psych myself down so that I don't get too excited, especially when a see a thread entry by Dr. D, Annasmom or another family member. ;)

For the last couple of weeks, I have had a gut feeling that an answer would be coming down yesterday. Well, yesterday came and went with no phone call, so evidently my gut has no clue.

As much as we hope and pray that we have found Anna, we must keep ourselves open to the possibility that the test will be negative. If that is the case, after a period of weeping and gnashing of teeth, we will need to take stock of what we have discovered and develop a plan for moving forward from that point. If the test comes back as a match, we will need to consult with LE as to what role we can play in assisting them in their futher investigation.

Either way, the results will not be the end of the search - only the end of this portion of the search.

Just curious Doogie, was there a specific reason that you thought it would be yesterday. If you can share that.

I think that if the test comes back negative it is going to knock the wind out of a lot of us but we will recover and move on. It might just take a day or to. We have gotten our hopes up more than once that we were maybe on to something but this time is different for me anyway. I honestly will be shocked if "C" is not Anna, but then agaain, I have never given up completely on the little girl at Synanon.:waitasec:

Just curious Doogie, was there a specific reason that you thought it would be yesterday. If you can share that.

Absolutely no rational reason to belive it - I just had a "intuition" or "gut-feeling" that yesterday was the day. Now you see why I do so poorly at gambling...

...We have gotten our hopes up more than once that we were maybe on to something but this time is different for me anyway. I honestly will be shocked if "C" is not Anna...

I agree - this just feels right to me. Again, this is more of a feeling than a rational deduction, but I remain optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member