GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been brought up earlier in this thread that Brett was responsible for slamming a man's head into a concrete wall causing brain damage and death. The man was in jail for a DUI, and ends up dead from being in jail! Was he handcuffed when it happened to him?

Brett sounds like a loose cannon to me, JMO.

In the past three days have emailed the following to CNN twice, called them once, so far they have not aired the story. It may be they do not want to influence the jury...time for me to contact the blog-O-sphere.

Not the first time Seacat involved in killing someone.

The first time as a jail guard in the Sedgwick County Jail. His victim, John Mires who was caught in a DUI and carted off to jail. John worked at his dad's industrial supply store and that's where I got to know him. He was very intelligent, very out spoken and very lippy. I am quite sure he mouthed off to Seacat and Brett used excessive force that killed him.

Here is the story from the Wichita paper:

Posted on Sun, May. 22, 2011
Suspect in Kingman death had history of using force as a deputy
BY TIM POTTER
The Wichita Eagle
In the years before Brett Seacat was charged with murdering his wife, he received both criticism and praise for his use of force while a Sedgwick County sheriff's deputy.
Seacat was charged May 13 with murdering his wife, Vashti, and setting their Kingman house on fire.
The recently filed first-degree murder charge against Seacat isn't the first time the law enforcement trainer has been accused of killing someone.
A 2002 lawsuit, alleging excessive force, claimed that Seacat — while working as a sheriff's deputy — slammed 50-year-old John Mires against a concrete wall near the booking desk at the Sedgwick County Jail, causing skull fractures and brain damage. Mires, who was in jail after a DUI arrest, died six days later.
Gary Steed, sheriff at the time, was quoted as saying that investigations by the District Attorney's Office and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation had cleared Seacat.
In a 2008 Eagle article, Ron Mires, John Mires' older brother, said he allowed his lawsuit against the county to be dismissed after the family spent about $13,000 on it and didn't have the money to keep pursuing it.
Ron Mires said he told sheriff's officials in 2005 after the suit was dismissed that he still thought Seacat was a "loose cannon."
When Mires learned of Seacat's arrest a little over a week ago, he said, "I about fell over."
"If I had a done something to stop Brett Seacat when I had an opportunity to do so, she would still be alive," Mires said.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2011/05/22/v-...-kingman-death-had-history.html#storylink=cpy

I believe that HLN had this story on the other night. I don't remember which one of the evening shows it was on, but they had video of Mr. Seacat taking down a defendant and then talked about the man you described in that segmant. HLN is a partner of CNN.

Defense attorney: You know I got a question

Me: no kidding isn't that your job to ask questions?? :facepalm:

Ok I am not sorry I quoted the wrong person.......lol Where do defenses find these people....do they have websites?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

FREQUENTLY they have websites, now facebook or twitter!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I don't know about this guy, but if you want to be considered an expert in your field, you have to keep up with science. The idea that there's been nothing new uncovered or discovered or methods or whatever in the past 30 years, or even since '99 is ludicrous!

One of my daughters is a forensic chemist and they're ALWAYS getting new equipment, procedures, training, constantly. She's drilled on the stand just like this guy, by both sides. If she testified like this, she'd loose her job!

I have no words,
:moo:
fran

I don't know about this guy, but if you want to be considered an expert in your field, you have to keep up with science. The idea that there's been nothing new uncovered or discovered or methods or whatever in the past 30 years, or even since '99 is ludicrous!

One of my daughters is a forensic chemist and they're ALWAYS getting new equipment, procedures, training, constantly. She's drilled on the stand just like this guy, by both sides. If she testified like this, she'd loose her job!

I have no words,
fran

AND he just admitted he was usually late to the party! LOL

This attorney is driving me crazy. Does he think he is building suspense? Building in cresendo at the end of each statement? Slowing each and e v e r y w o r d? Increasing in pitch at the moment when he reveals the Perry Mason moment (which up to now has been anything BUT earth shattering).

I object!

attack the law

attack the evidence

attack the witness

IMHO, that's what's going on here. law 101

fran

GOOD LORD!....what he just described...REPRODUCING & REPLICATING the scientific analysis is EXACTLY what an expert consultant is suppose to do!

This "I took an arson course in the early 1980s" expert has missed the advances in science boat................., IMHO! :floorlaugh: :facepalm::facepalm:

I can't decide which defense attorney's voice I dislike more..
It's usually the one who is up asking questions at the present time tho.

:scared:

Man alive, it looks like this witness is getting a sun burn from the elmo.....who knew courtrooms in the USA still used old time elmos?

Another witness trying to take off with the exhibits. :lol:

Now on afternoon recess.

15 minute recess

2z69ezd.png

I have no words,
fran

I'm pretty sure Perkin Elmer would take great exception to the claim of nothing new in methods or instruments since 1999. This going on and on about the algorithims working is insane - if they worked on the standards they darn sure worked for the sample. Silliness

This attorney is driving me crazy. Does he think he is building suspense? Building in cresendo at the end of each statement? Slowing each and e v e r y w o r d? Increasing in pitch at the moment when he reveals the Perry Mason moment (which up to now has been anything BUT earth shattering).

I object!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I tell yah what, I am rethinking that bank robbery and murder spree I was planning on doing in Kansas......if this is the best in defense lawyers they have down there I guess I will just forget it. LOL :jail:

Wild About Trial 2 @WildaboutTrial2
I think one of the main reasons not to kill spouse is so you don't have to sit through a boring trial in the future. #WordsToLiveBy #Seacat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member