TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine what her parents are going through. It sounds like they have a great support system.

I sure hope so. However, I can't even imagine how strong a support system one would need to get through something like this. I've always thought that the absolute worst situation for a parent would be if a child disappeared. At least in the back of your mind, you can always think that possibly the child is still out there and made their own choice to leave. With Holly's situation, her parents KNOW that she was led off by a man. And, even if they believe that she is alive, they have to know that she is going through the worst torture that a person could go through. :(

I sure hope so. However, I can't even imagine how strong a support system one would need to get through something like this. I've always thought that the absolute worst situation for a parent would be if a child disappeared. At least in the back of your mind, you can always think that possibly the child is still out there and made their own choice to leave. With Holly's situation, her parents KNOW that she was led off by a man. And, even if they believe that she is alive, they have to know that she is going through the worst torture that a person could go through. :(

It has to be worst thing ever to not know where your child is. My heart just breaks for the family.

Praying for Hollly. At this point I think that's the most any of us can do.

At this point, I hope she has passed on because if she is still alive, she's probably being SA and tortured day to day. We've all ready heard of cases here where the perp keeps the victim alive for hours or even days doing sick evil things to them before they decide to kill them.

Channon Christian & Jodi Sanderholm come to mind :( and that 18 year old girl from kansas that was killed by her BF and friends. her name stated with a K.

At this point, I hope she has passed on because if she is still alive, she's probably being SA and tortured day to day. We've all ready heard of cases here where the perp keeps the victim alive for hours or even days doing sick evil things to them before they decide to kill them.

Channon Christian & Jodi Sanderholm come to mind :( and that 18 year old girl from kansas that was killed by her BF and friends. her name stated with a K.

Respectfully...I don't agree. I know that torture and SA would be horrendous, but look at Jaycee Dugard and Elizabeth Smart...they survived it and both seem to have come through it to see their loved ones again. I'm sure that this would cause lifelong pain, but at least she could come home.

I am not really sure what a reporter constantly calling LE or bashing LE is going to do to help this case.

I don't assume LE is not trying their best. This case has had much publicity, government support, and LE attention.

Sometimes it is better to stop badgering LE and let them do their job.

I don't know what to think at this point. The silence is deafening as they say...

Does anyone know who is in charge of this investigation? TBI? We've read the FBI is involved, but to what extent - maybe just in forensics testing?

I wonder if there are conflicts with the agencies/branches of LE involved as to what's to be done and directions to take. Just like in any profession - there are personalities and egos...

How many cold case shows have you seen where a new set of eyes solves the case - but many times the "eyes" was really a new personality.

Speaking of shows seen and cold cases, was there ever a case where too much prodding by family, media, public, turned out to detrimental?

I have not forgotten. I come here daily and sit and ponder too. LE has not waivered from their belief that some one "local" committed this crime (at least not publically). They seem very anxious for the public to get back to business as usual. Perhaps they think their suspect will begin to lower his guard. They do seem to have someone they are focusing on though they do not say so. I can only hope this is true. I agree with Kimster that from the beginning I have felt she is alive. I know statistics say different but we have seen cases recently where this has played out, and this gives me hope.

Not sure if this angle has been mentioned. I became a bit distracted with the Camden Hughes case and now I need to get away from it for a bit as it was (is) killing me.....

Has there been any mention of searching old wells on private properties or any caves in the surrounding area? What about basements? I know a lot of homes have basements on the east coast, not sure about Tennessee. I figure it is a small enough town, that maybe not everyone has one, so maybe searching homes (even non-occupied homes) might be a good idea. Just thinking again....

Not sure if this angle has been mentioned. I became a bit distracted with the Camden Hughes case and now I need to get away from it for a bit as it was (is) killing me.....

Has there been any mention of searching old wells on private properties or any caves in the surrounding area? What about basements? I know a lot of homes have basements on the east coast, not sure about Tennessee. I figure it is a small enough town, that maybe not everyone has one, so maybe searching homes (even non-occupied homes) might be a good idea. Just thinking again....

Good thought, GypsyPrincess.

Are there any MSM reports that indicate that LE went door to door immediately following Holly's abduction? Were they denied access by anyone in particular? Were there any residents that seemed uncomfortable with having their homes looked at briefly?
As you said- it's a small town....are there any rumors floating around in town? What do Holly's friends have to say?

Some people in TN have basements and crawlspaces, some don't. I'm in the mountain area to the east, so it's common since the ground isn't level. The area around where the Bobo's live is more flat and swampy, so perhaps not.

Still, they would have to have a good reason to search every basement in town, like a phone call saying, "Help, I'm in a basement." :twocents:

Some people in TN have basements and crawlspaces, some don't. I'm in the mountain area to the east, so it's common since the ground isn't level. The area around where the Bobo's live is more flat and swampy, so perhaps not.

Still, they would have to have a good reason to search every basement in town, like a phone call saying, "Help, I'm in a basement." :twocents:

True, but why would anyone deny them unless they had something to hide. Also, what about thermal vision helicopters or cars? Maybe I am just being to silly.

Re: the use of thermal vision helicopters.. No you're not being silly these IMO are very good and relevant thoughts.. If I'm not mistaken within the very first 24 hours of Holly having gone missing they had use of and searched throughout that first night with the thermal vision helicopters.. Unfortunately to no avail..

I do have what is probably a silly question regard the same subject of thermal vision helicopters.. I am not familiar with how rapidly the body cools after one dies, nor am I familiar with what range of degrees that the thermal vision can detect.. So my question would be approximately how long after the time of death would a body be still maintaining a temperature that would/could be detected by this thermal vision???

Would it be for several hours or would the amount of time be much shorter for the body's temperature to drop to a temp that would no longer be detectable?
TIA to anyone who knows...

Re: the use of thermal vision helicopters.. No you're not being silly these IMO are very good and relevant thoughts.. If I'm not mistaken within the very first 24 hours of Holly having gone missing they had use of and searched throughout that first night with the thermal vision helicopters.. Unfortunately to no avail..

I do have what is probably a silly question regard the same subject of thermal vision helicopters.. I am not familiar with how rapidly the body cools after one dies, nor am I familiar with what range of degrees that the thermal vision can detect.. So my question would be approximately how long after the time of death would a body be still maintaining a temperature that would/could be detected by this thermal vision???

Would it be for several hours or would the amount of time be much shorter for the body's temperature to drop to a temp that would no longer be detectable?
TIA to anyone who knows...

Concerning this, I remember reading a quote (if I could find it now!) where searchers were commenting on how difficult it was for the thermal vision helicopters to pick up readings in dense woods.

It appears that there are two mysteries, the investigation and the crime.
Figuring out either will help to figure out the other. Unfortunately, I'm making
headway on neither.:eek:fftobed:

This case seems so strange to me. They want it kept in the media but no one not even family seem to want to talk about it. :waitasec:

True, but why would anyone deny them unless they had something to hide..

I think America in general, but in particular the American South, holds dear the right to deny government authorities access to your private property absent compelling legal authority to the contrary (i.e., a court authorized search warrant). Tho that standard is being chipped away at by the U.S. Supreme Court (see recent Kentucky vs King which expands warrantless searches).

Hey, I can always be right if I never have to tell you the answer.

I agree with your theory about a car being nearby. I think he took her NE, away from the neighbors to the south.

What is your theory as to why you think the perp drove in circles distributing evidence?

my opinions only, no facts here:

I understand your initial cynicism, but remember that I began my previous post with admissions of significant failed interpretations of some cases in my past. As another example of my past mistakes, I predicted in the 1980's that the Green River Killer was unmarried. The astute sleuth can detect that I am an honest man, humbled by experience and not a bombastic liar. But to argue for my present state of mind, watching the Tanya Rider case on "Disappeared" Season 2 I deduced 7 minutes into the episode that no crime had occurred and the woman had driven her vehicle off the road (I had never heard of this case before that time). In other words, I have learned from past mistakes and have increased my sleuthing skills over the decades.

The distribution of evidence in the Holly Bobo case is curious. It seems planted, not to taunt the police, but as some predictable and immature effort to mislead them or others. But in this 'most secretive case in my memory' even the so-called locations of discovered evidence comes into question. I can only work with what I have, and I reiterate- if I had two more pieces of factual evidence I could figure this thing out.

I believe you are right- why would a kidnapper drive south, towards town? The kidnapper would head north, away from a population center. Further, who in their right mind would be merrily disposing of evidence if the victim was still sitting beside them? Common sense, my friend. Here is a potential problem with the complete secrecy in this case- suppose the searchers found a significant item at location Z. If this was immediately and fully revealed to the public, some passerby might report that they saw this item earlier at time X, and time X might blow the case open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong