NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question before making a comment. Has anyone determined how long EB was in OZ before they moved to the U.S.?

MOO is that she was not there on June 28, 2008 - no MSM link for this just an opinion based on some slogging.

eleph

ETA: I don't really know the answer to this question even after hours of slogging.

I know exactely what you went through. My son committed suicide in 1996...he was 19. There was no warning at all, at least none that I saw. You are right, parents need to talk to their kid, they need to pay attention to them. Most people don't realize what it is to lose a child. I am really sorry for your loss.:angel:

As I am, yours :hug:

My son died on the last day of '04 To paraphrase HHJP, suicide is different.

Cotan can speak for himself or herself I do believe?

(not being snippy, but using my Mom voice LOL)

Just a joke :D

:blushing: rut roh mom, I'll go sit in teh corner. :crazy:

Thank you for that, and I apologise for the date of the marriage being wrong.

You're welcome, and that's okay. Didn't even notice!

This is a very good article for those who haven't seen it - first posted by BritsKate early this morning (U.S. time) on the last thread:

For Zahra, life in Australia was smiles, survival, family and friends

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...alia-was-smiles-survival-family-an-ar-498884/

Lots of info, much of which has already been published by AP and in the Townsville Bulletin, but all conveniently in one place here.

I was reading Zhra had a wheel chair at first, then wondering if her pro. leg was to small and to short or damaged, she would be confined again to a wheel chair, no wheelchair.....bedridden............any thoughts?

I remember on one of the early threads here someone mentioned she had crutches. I don't have a link to an actual report though. MOO

A few questions still lingering for me:

1. If EB was using Zahra's disability to scam $$ from people, why get rid of her?

2. Why did LE take the fridge apart? :(

3. Is there a Monte Carlo missing, and if so, is LE actively searching for it?

"We have a fire in the backyard, and there are a lot of mulch and brush piles, so it could go out of control quickly. Please send someone immediately!"

Instead of, "My husband works for a tree trimming company."

In other words, it's not that she felt the need to say that there WERE mulch piles burning, it's that she seemed to need to explain WHY there were mulch piles, as if that would be suspicious. And it was important enough to state it BEFORE getting the point across that the backyard was on fire.

JMO

Exactly! and LE would zero in on that red flag immediately.

I remember on one of the early threads here someone mentioned she had crutches. I don't have a link to an actual report though. MOO

Hopefully they are evidence now. Are most crutches aluminum now? If wood maybe they went through the chipper. jmo

A few questions still lingering for me:

1. If EB was using Zahra's disability to scam $$ from people, why get rid of her?

2. Why did LE take the fridge apart? :(

3. Is there a Monte Carlo missing, and if so, is LE actively searching for it?

as to 1 I haven't seen it confirmed that Z was receiving disability.

as to 2 I have no freekin clue and it is killing me.

as to 3 I checked earlier and could find no reference to it on the net save in blogs and forums (here, sm, hm, etc)

hope that helps :)

OT, but yesterday as Hubby and I pulled up the drive I was struck by the 2 large skeletons we have sitting on our porch rail. It's halloween...skeletons as decor aren't at all unusual this time of year, but I couldn't help thinking of those skulls on EB's porch rails and thinking how sinister my own decor might appear if my own home were to become a crime scene. It's odd the commonplace things that stand out to you, and seem to have some deeper meaning, when dealing with people and situations like this.

This is so true!! My youngest is a buggar!! Non stop energy and full on fun!!! He also has a face he makes when he is doing something he knows he isn't supposed to. My hubby has a picture he took and put on his facebook and it says something like 'Ryder being a little devil'. I refuse to remove it. We know that we love our children. We may not be perfect but we do try hard :) plus anyone who knows us and knows our kids would take one look at the smile in that picture and just laugh and agree with the caption.

EB's daughter posted on a social networking site as of May 12 2008 that her mom had gone to see her "lover." We have conflicting reports as to whether they returned in Nov or Dec of 2008. If Dec, then EB may have overstayed her 6 month visitor's visa to AU. Some discussion on the previous thread.

I read in one of the articles that EB went to OZ in 2008, they got married in 6/08 and EB, AB and Zahra moved to NC 11/08. it was in the same article that said Zahra asking for a bicycle acted a heavy price. it also talked about how EB and AB met online in a virtual world - she was gothic fairy and he was an avatar dressed in a bat cape.

Thanks - My speculation is when EB arrived in OZ, she had 6 months to charm Adam into returning to the U.S. with her. With the lure of her caring for Zahra, watching over her blah blah - medical care, smooch smooch, trust me honey. I think this is what prompted AB into moving to the U.S. bringing Z with him.

Where do they end up in their new life? Right in EB's home stomping grounds, near her family and old friends, boyfriends, former husbands.

Yes, I think it's possible AB was lured into the U.S., can see it happening BUT I think what happened to Zahra with AB was at least negligence and possible homicide or concealing a corpse. I really don't know yet. I certainly have not heard enough but it wont surprise me if he was involved. JMO

The monte carlo was a tip called in from a neighbor or friend. I think I can find the link, and also didn't NG mention it?

Linkage:

Another tip came from a family friend, who claims Elisa Baker drove a 1970s model Monte Carlo. That friend says the car seemed to disappear the same time Zahra did.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Inve...s-in-Zahra-Baker-disappearance-105200489.html

Look TL, I was a good example!!!!! lol.

The monte carlo was a tip called in from a neighbor or friend. I think I can find the link, and also didn't NG mention it?

Probably. I am dizzy having gone round all this before and remember the going round but not the outcome?

you are a WS god right now, lol ty I couldn't take another search

I can't begin to fathom how the caregiver/parent can commit homicide against a child.

Homicide by any definition.

I don't want to go inside the perps head. That's not a place I want to be to be honest.

So, basically that's why you don't see me theorizing too much myself. Kudos to those that can...

IMHO when anyone is a victim of homicide, adult or child, especially children, I could not care less what rationlization, justification that the perp tells themselves.

I read a quote last week or so in a book. It's a quote that I've been meditating on every night this week at bedtime...

"His Mother said the lies you told yourself were the worst lies of all. If you could not face every truth about yourself, you would not know who you really were. You could not redeem yourself if you failed to recognize the need for redemption"
Kuntz

IMHO whoever did this to Zahra, tells themselves those lies. The ones that justify and rationlize and displace blame.

I don't meditate on this about Zahra though. It's private meditation about being authentic with oneself. Very profound to ask oneself--what lies have I told myself about myself? JMHO.

Okay time for me to skedaddle for the day. Trick or treat time soon here.

Justice for Zahra.

Linkage:

Another tip came from a family friend, who claims Elisa Baker drove a 1970s model Monte Carlo. That friend says the car seemed to disappear the same time Zahra did.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Inve...s-in-Zahra-Baker-disappearance-105200489.html

Look TL, I was a good example!!!!! lol.
Plus, just something I find a little "interesting". Since this report of the elusive Monte Carlo - LE has not said one, single word about it. No - "We've looked into the Monte Carlo and found its not involved" - no - "We have been looking for this Monte Carlo - I anyone sees this car, please call xxxxxxx" ; no - "We can't comment about the Monte Carlo that's been reported". NOTHING. Not even a single mention of the words "Monte Carlo". Rule it in - rule it out.

The silence is deafening.....

Plus, just something I find a little "interesting". Since this report of the elusive Monte Carlo - LE has not said one, single word about it. No - "We've looked into the Monte Carlo and found its not involved" - no - "We have been looking for this Monte Carlo - I anyone sees this car, please call xxxxxxx" ; no - "We can't comment about the Monte Carlo that's been reported". NOTHING. Not even a single mention of the words "Monte Carlo". Rule it in - rule it out.

The silence is deafening.....

Yep, and didn't I see something fly by about EB and her Father getting into it about a car? Did we ever find linkage to that or was it something that came from one of our wonderful locals?

As I am, yours :hug:

My son died on the last day of '04 To paraphrase HHJP, suicide is different.

Yes it is different, lots different when you know where your child is. It was really hard for me, he was my youngest. I cannot even think what it would be to not know where my child was or what happened to them.

Yep, and didn't I see something fly by about EB and her Father getting into it about a car? Did we ever find linkage to that or was it something that came from one of our wonderful locals?
No, didn't that come about from the court appearance with the daughters? Isn't that what one of them said? I'm pretty sure that the "argument with her father over a car" was documented more than just in MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23