2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Kaine is never going to be rid of this evil woman. Bless his heart!!!!

~jmo~

Gee, I wonder if they have reconciled or are thinking about that? Na, doubt it but it sure is exasperating :maddening:

Oh you have GOT to be KIDDING me!!!! Kaine's lawyer really needs to FIGHT THIS! I so call the very last day in June, and then the day before, it'll be delayed ANOTHER three months. I'm so glad all the rights are in Terri's corner!

Oh you have GOT to be KIDDING me!!!! Kaine's lawyer really needs to FIGHT THIS! I so call the very last day in June, and then the day before, it'll be delayed ANOTHER three months. I'm so glad all the rights are in Terri's corner!

But maybe the lawyers agreed? We really don't know why it has been postponed. Someone said the abatement part was settled I think. I don't think we should assume Kaine is against the delay, until we hear more, if we do.

PS- Maybe a lawyer can tell us whether or not both sides would have to agree or if a judge could/would just postpone it so she would not have to decide anything right now.

By all means, judge, protect the rights of Terri. The victims will just have to suck it up so Terri can be protected! She must be feeling pretty smug right now.

On a positive thought, maybe the new searches are finding something. Maybe Kaine or LE wanted to wait, and see if the search brought closure to this.

I'm baffled...yet not surprised...if that makes any sense.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/03/horman_divorce_hearing_schedul.html

Postponed...I am not surprised. I honestly think that the law is unsure on what to do in this case; if they allow the divorce to go ahead with TH taking the 5th and losing all visitation and assets and then later someone else is convicted, it would be a mess. Of course, I don't know why it is delayed again, but I am thinking the judge is hoping there will be some movement at some point.

Well then..if Terri is innocent let her cooperate...whats the problem? if you want to see your child..and get assets fight for them. But she is choosing not to and it seriously isnt fair on Kaine to make him remain married to a woman whose n ot interested in fighting for anything right now.

Maybe it has been postponed because one of the parties is unavailable--like rehab, maybe?

What a bizarre case. Gwen, I hadn't thought of a party not being available, but that's an interesting possibility. My first thought when I read about it was that the searches in January and this weekend were critical to the hearing going forward, from LE's and the court's perspective. My guess is that they thought for sure they'd be able to file specific criminal charges by the hearing date, and convinced the judge of that as well. Since there was nothing found (presumably) they are still in a holding pattern with regard to the "overlap of evidence". Is there a plausible scenario in which something WAS found last weekend, thereby delaying the hearing again? I'm just baffled by all the twists and lack of information.

That will make it almost exactly a year since she last saw baby K (provided Kaine has not allowed her visitation without us knowing it, which I doubt he has).

I was thinking the opposite, that because they have not found anything, it was postponed...I really think the judges are baffled on this one. It would be nice to know if KH agreed or had no choice in the delay, though.

I don't think LE really expected to learn anything from the divorce, it is pretty clear TH won't be talking. But the courts can't delay this forever.

Good Lord, I wish Kyron would be found and that this divorce would go through. I cannot imagine the how hard it must be and how long any healing will take if and when there are any answers.

I am so outraged by all of this!! What about Kyron's rights???:maddening::banghead:

I'm not sure what you mean.

Since it is clear that TMH is choosing to exercise her constitutionally protected right not to say anything for fear that it may incriminate her, I don't see how the divorce trial affects Kyron's rights in any way.

Kyron would not be subject to any custody decisions because TMH is not biologically or legally related to him.

The only difference a divorce hearing may have made would be if TMH consented to get on the witness stand and answer questions. I strongly doubt this will happen, so another extension has no real effect on Kyron's case.

I find it odd that a court can keep postponing a divorce in a state with no-fault divorce!

Kaine has the right not to be married to this woman anymore, right? :waitasec:

So confusing. I can't believe KH doesn't want to get this over with, but I'm thinking his lawyer would have to agree with this - or maybe because it's an order from the judge, neither lawyer has a choice? I wish I knew how these things work. And I hope TH doesn't automatically get custody rights because the PO may be expired (I can't remember when a year would be for it) by the time this gets to court (and I'm assuming more delays down the road)! I'm really worried about that.

PDXMom, Clu...I think you are both saying the same thing if I'm reading your posts correctly. Which is pretty difficult in my current state of "cold med induced haze" :crazy:

They really thought they might find something in these searches but since they did not, they want to postpone the divorce hearing because it's overlapping the criminal case against her. Kaine probably agreed to wait so they could search more and TH doesn't want to talk so she's happy too. They waited to postpone it until the last possible minute but both parties must have agreed, right? I think we would have seen a motion filed if it was only one party wanting to postpone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow