UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
People only let people put them in positions they want to be in.
Maybe for some people, or in the greater scheme of things because people do learn from such positions. But if that were always true for everyone, Susan would not be missing right now.

Maybe for some people, or in the greater scheme of things because people do learn from such positions. But if that were always true for everyone, Susan would not be missing right now.

I agree. I just think the Hellwells are making their own choices.

He said when Josh saw the decorations for Susan outside the house, he said he thought they were a good idea.

Here is the husband telling another reporter what Josh said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9507165

as article.......wants to rent house out????
who would want to rent it, why didn't he stay and who is making all the payments / taxes to keep the house?
Josh isn't working, is he???

I agree. I just think the Hellwells are making their own choices.
Well said, and I totally agree. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Don't truck with sociopaths, however. They mess with your head.

I just watched this video and it really showed me how young the Hellwells are. That explains a lot to me. I feel bad they are going through this now at their age.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9507165

Yep. And I suppose Josh is very fortunate to have such dear loyal friends.
I don't know what will happen with this friendship in the future. Only time will tell.

WVC » Husband of missing woman return to Utah to fix up home.

By Sheena McFarland And Melinda Rogers

The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 01/29/2010 07:58:30 PM MST

"Police have seized Joshua Powell's blue minivan that he said he drove the night his wife disappeared.

Powell, whose wife Susan has been missing since Dec. 7, had moved back to Washington state with his two young sons, but returned to Utah today to fix up his West Valley City home to sell or rent, said his brother-in-law Kirk Graves. Powell had driven a moving van to Washington and left the family's minivan at the home.

Powell was out with friend John Hellewell today and returned to his vehicle to find a West Valley City police officer waiting with a tow truck and search warrant for the car, Graves said. The vehicle was returned Friday evening.

Kiirsi Hellewell, John Hellewell's wife and a close friend of the Powells, said Joshua Powell spent much of the day Friday with her husband. Joshua Powell was using John Hellewell's computer to draw up lease agreements for potential renters at his West Valley City home.

He parked his minivan at a nearby Walgreen's to avoid media parked outside his home at 6254 W. Sarah Circle (3935 South), Kiirsi Hellewell said. When Powell returned to his vehicle, police served him the warrant, she said.

Powell seemed "pretty rattled, pretty shaken" when police handed him the warrant about 4:30 p.m., Hellewell said.

"He said he doesn't know why they want it," said Hellewell, adding she and her husband don't know what to think about the development.

"There must be something they want to find in there," she said of Powell's van."

<<snip>>

"Graves said his brother-in-law had told people that he wanted to be in Utah for "as short a trip as possible" to fix his unfinished basement, deck and do some wall repairs. Joshua Powell planned to spend a couple of days making the home improvements, Graves said.

Though Graves wasn't present when the warrant was served on Joshua Powell, he said he had been told Powell turned "white as a sheet" when the incident unfolded.

West Valley City police Capt. Anita Schwemmer said officers picked up the vehicle Friday afternoon and by 7:30 p.m. they had returned it."

<<snip>>

There is much more on the following Salt Lake Trib link - some about Cox statements re: the West Valley City Police Department -- and a very sad statement about the boy's reaction to their mom's absence. IMO, the "brainwashing" is obvious!

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14297167

Campaigns to highlight missing mom continue

Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, is working to highlight the case of her missing friend by organizing a "Week of Service" from Feb. 8 through Feb. 15. The "Week of Service" will be targeted at the arts and crafts community because Susan Powell loved to crochet and was known for giving homemade baby blankets and hats to friends, Hellewell said. Donations will be given to domestic violence shelters, she said.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_14297167

I just watched this video and it really showed me how young the Hellwells are. That explains a lot to me. I feel bad they are going through this now at their age.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9507165

bolding mine

IMO, Doc, they're old enough and well educated enough to know better.

What makes me so sad and outraged is that it was Susan who was the devoted, selfless member of the Mormon Church - certainly NOT Josh!

It's Susan who should have all the friends' fierce loyalty and unlimited support. At this point, Josh should have none!

Apparently Josh's maleness is enough to warrant his worthiness. Is there a better explanation?

And according to one of his ward friend's statements, (paraphrased) "No matter if Josh had some involvement in Susan's disappearance, he's still really hurting an deserves some help." _ :waitasec: _ How twisted is that?

If I hear one more time that neighbors, etc., are befriending Josh to keep the children accessible to Chuck and Judy Cox, I'll scream. Josh has already refused the Cox grandparents access to the boys - even on the boys' birthdays. Can it get much worse than it already is? Can friends control Josh's selfish behavior 850 miles away?

In the meantime, Josh goes on his merry way with NO ONE putting pressure on him to cooperate with the police. No one is even questioning him because poor, wimpy Joshy-boy doesn't like to talk about Susan.

Maybe if Josh was finally treated like the murdering pariah that he is, he might inadvertently slip with some truth that might allow Susan to be found.

I don't expect that he will ever cooperate or confess to anything. The best we can hope for is an accidental helpful goof-up on his part.

Patting his head and kissing his behind won't accomplish anything for Susan's sake.

imho

Campaigns to highlight missing mom continue

Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, is working to highlight the case of her missing friend by organizing a "Week of Service" from Feb. 8 through Feb. 15. The "Week of Service" will be targeted at the arts and crafts community because Susan Powell loved to crochet and was known for giving homemade baby blankets and hats to friends, Hellewell said. Donations will be given to domestic violence shelters, she said.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_14297167

Well Breathe, A week of Searching service would certainly be more useful than a week of crocheting -- but at least the crafting service is better than THIS suggestion which was posted on their Facebook Site:

"The 7th of February is a very important day, yes, to mark that anniversary...also Valentine's Day. I agree, these need to be highlighted in a special way.

One of our admins came up with the idea of having everyone paint their fingernails/toenails (even the guys, if they want to :) purple for a certain day or week, also. Susan loves fingernail polish/makeup/girly stuff like that."

Unbelievable! _ :banghead:

Wow wonder what he's moved in that van since the last time the police searched it. The article said his face became very pale. Ummm?

I am reposting an excerpt from Trisha's message to us in the opening of this forum..

I think it is important to remember this...

If you have any comments please ask Tricia...I would imagine she would be happy to explain.

From Tricia

[One finale thing, I need a favor. Could you all please give Kiirsi Hallewell a break? I know for a fact she is trying so hard and working practically around the clock to help find her friend. I know some of you are frustrated by what she has said in the media but understand she has to be walking a fine line with the police, the family, and the public.

Guys, I rarely ask anything like this from you so I hope if you post about Kiirsi it will only be about facts of the case and not speculation or comments.

Thank you,

Tricia[/quote]

Facebook Group: GONE

Dear friends and supporters of Susan Cox Powell and family,

This afternoon, for reasons unknown, our Facebook group&#8212;Friends and Family of Susan Powell&#8212;disappeared. We have never broken any rules. We don&#8217;t allow accusations or speculation in this group. The group had well over 44,000 members and was growing by hundreds each day. It was a wonderful source of support, encouragement, prayers, united strength, love, and information as we all worked together across the world to find Susan.

Now it&#8217;s gone. It appears that persons unknown have either hacked or used &#8220;inside&#8221; friends to pull the group from inside Facebook.

We will not let this go on, and we are working very, very hard to get it back. Nobody is going to stop us from finding Susan.

In the meantime, on a more positive note&#8212;the preparations for the Week of Service are going really well! I had a wonderful visit today with Blazing Needles, a beautiful yarn store located on the east side of the Salt Lake valley. If you&#8217;re in the area, check them out! They have friendly, warm, knowledgeable staff who care deeply about Susan and are committed to helping us. (Not to mention, a collection of beautiful, delicious, exotic yarn!) Thank you, Blazing Needles and Cynthia, Chris, and Shelly! We are so excited to work hand-in-hand with you in the coming weeks.

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

I have been bouncing in and out of the Powell threads-I deeply respect all of the thought and consideration that has gone into these attempts to sort out where this special woman might be. I suspect that the pressure on Josh is quite intense...I will make a comment if permitted and then get to the reason for my post this morning.

One of the most extraordinary family dynamics I have ever seen was the Browns during the OJ Simpson trial, especially post acquittal. Because at the end of the day, there was the stability and well being of Nicole and OJ's children at stake.

I think the very same can be said for this case-given that taking a stand based on suspicion could very well drive many positive and stable influences out of the Powell children's lives, I would think keeping judgements to your self would be very important at this stage of the game. JMVHO.

I am intrigued about Josh's reaction to having his van taken. I wonder if it was the van itself or the warrant that spooked him...like was he wondering if the warrant was for him and that he was finally being popped??

You're only in California. That's less than a day's drive from Utah. You are welcome to stay in my family's guest room, and eat any food we have in our house - so you don't have any cost there. Why don't you come out and do some searching of your own? Or, maybe you could come out and picket Josh's house? Surely, your passion and righteous indignation for the cause won't allow you to pass an offer like that up. Surely, someone as outspoken as you is just dying for the opportunity to put her proverbial money where her mouth is.

Here is a map, showing the (by my estimate) 100,000 square mile area in which Susan could be (purple circle is a 200 mile radius around the home). Go ahead and pick a spot, bring winter clothes (including snow shoes), and have at it.

I agree that disappearances out in the wilderness have to wait until the snow thaws in the Spring to really be effective, and to be safe for the searchers.

But, I cannot see why searching the neighborhood has not been thoroughly done, specially during the few days of sunshine they've had.

Not doing official searches around town implies LE concluded from the beginning that JP killed SP, and that they trust his initial statement of camping miles away in the mountains in the middle of nowhere... where he possibly disposed of her body.

I see a problem with this. If there is ever a trial on this, the "rush to judgment" thing may come to bite those handling the investigation.

If I were them, I would have organized a few search parties around town, and at least pretend to be looking.

Of course, there is much we don't know about the case that only LE is aware of.

:)

p.s.
Can I move in with you and eat your food, and wear your bathrobe and bunny slippers, too?

I wonder if the cops just needed to change a battery in a gps they installed on Josh's van the first time they took it.

This afternoon, for reasons unknown, our Facebook group—Friends and Family of Susan Powell—disappeared. We have never broken any rules. We don’t allow accusations or speculation in this group. The group had well over 44,000 members and was growing by hundreds each day. It was a wonderful source of support, encouragement, prayers, united strength, love, and information as we all worked together across the world to find Susan.

Now it’s gone. It appears that persons unknown have either hacked or used “inside” friends to pull the group from inside Facebook.

We will not let this go on, and we are working very, very hard to get it back. Nobody is going to stop us from finding Susan.

In the meantime, on a more positive note—the preparations for the Week of Service are going really well! I had a wonderful visit today with Blazing Needles, a beautiful yarn store located on the east side of the Salt Lake valley. If you’re in the area, check them out! They have friendly, warm, knowledgeable staff who care deeply about Susan and are committed to helping us. (Not to mention, a collection of beautiful, delicious, exotic yarn!) Thank you, Blazing Needles and Cynthia, Chris, and Shelly! We are so excited to work hand-in-hand with you in the coming weeks.

:waitasec:

This afternoon, for reasons unknown, our Facebook group—Friends and Family of Susan Powell—disappeared. We have never broken any rules. We don’t allow accusations or speculation in this group. The group had well over 44,000 members and was growing by hundreds each day. It was a wonderful source of support, encouragement, prayers, united strength, love, and information as we all worked together across the world to find Susan.

Now it’s gone. It appears that persons unknown have either hacked or used “inside” friends to pull the group from inside Facebook.

In the meantime, on a more positive note—the preparations for the Week of Service are going really well! I had a wonderful visit today with Blazing Needles, a beautiful yarn store located on the east side of the Salt Lake valley. If you’re in the area, check them out! They have friendly, warm, knowledgeable staff who care deeply about Susan and are committed to helping us. (Not to mention, a collection of beautiful, delicious, exotic yarn!) Thank you, Blazing Needles and Cynthia, Chris, and Shelly! We are so excited to work hand-in-hand with you in the coming weeks.

My money is on Josh or his family complained about something.

:waitasec:

What are you thinking? Could Josh de-activated the facebook account from the Hellewell's computer? (Maybe he asked to use the computer to send his father an email.) The timing is a little hinky. Not sure if there's a facebook passwork or if Kiirsi stays logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj