GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
*ducking* I really think that box was a makeshift crib rather than a coffin. The bumpers show a little bit of care towards the baby.

I don't see how that box could have been under the bed with the lid open, so to me it is more like a padded coffin, poor baby alone that long without food, water, comfort of loving arms. Sick if you ask me. jmo

http://www.newsherald.com/

Sure looks like a coffin to me:furious:

OMG!!! That is awful! :furious:
I have the exact same box at the end of my bed which we call my daughters' 'box of special things'. We keep everything from when they were born, b'day cards,locks of hair, drawings, cute baby clothes etc in there.
To think the same kind of chest was used to keep Shannon stored hidden away just sickens me to the core.
It truely is a miracle she survived, no matter how long she was in there.
Shhheesh. I feel sick now.

I want to know how long this was in the works and who was involved in the planning stages, was it SB alone that prepared for it, or was Tina in on it the whole time?

I am so glad Shannon was saved, but at the same time, I am so sad to think of the possibility that her own mother may have been looking at her with not love, but relief that she would be gone soon.

I'm very disturbed by the bumpers that are "installed" into that box....that coffin looks very planned out. I wish them many days in solitary so they can come close to feeling how that poor baby felt!

That is absolutely chilling to think poor Shannon spent so much time in that box. I am usually for giving people second chances, not this time!!! The thought of that sweet child in that dark enclosed box makes me sick. If Tina is truly does have a low mentality and did this to her own baby, she should not be raising any child. MOO :furious:

O/T you guys, just had to come here and share this.
Walked out and saw both ends of my street blocked off with police. Of course asked what was going on.
THere is a little, about 3 years old, boy in the backseat of the car.
They found him crossing the four lane right by my house....alone.
They have no clue who he is, where he lives nothing...they are just driving him around the neighborhood lookiing for his parents.
Unbelievable...just in shock. I hope they find them :(

O/T you guys, just had to come here and share this.
Walked out and saw both ends of my street blocked off with police. Of course asked what was going on.
THere is a little, about 3 years old, boy in the backseat of the car.
They found him crossing the four lane right by my house....alone.
They have no clue who he is, where he lives nothing...they are just driving him around the neighborhood lookiing for his parents.
Unbelievable...just in shock. I hope they find them :(

I also hope they find the parents and then put them in a jail cell.I am so sick and tired of parents not taking care of their children.Thank God no one ran that little boy over.

http://www.newsherald.com/

Sure looks like a coffin to me:furious:

Good God, what a bunch of Einsteins!

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/recalls/cedar_renewed.htm

In 1996, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the Lane Co. of Altavista, Va., conducted a recall of 12 million chests with lids that automatically snap shut when closed following reports of six children suffocating inside the chests.

Read more: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/recalls/cedar_renewed.htm#ixzz0W1ww2nBo

I want to know how long this was in the works and who was involved in the planning stages, was it SB alone that prepared for it, or was Tina in on it the whole time?

I am so glad Shannon was saved, but at the same time, I am so sad to think of the possibility that her own mother may have been looking at her with not love, but relief that she would be gone soon.

ITA again.
And these charges from the same link posted earlier-

Susan Baker, the aunt of Shannon Dedrick faces the following charges:
Neglect of a child with aggravated circumstances – 2nd degree felony

Interference with child custody – 3rd degree felony

Filing a false report regarding a missing child – 1st degree misdemeanor

Filing a false report of a crime – 1st degree misdemeanor

Contributing to the delinquency of a child – 1st degree misdemeanor

Crystina Mercer, Shannon Dedrick’s mother faces the following charges: Interference with child custody – 3rd degree felony

Desertion of a child – 3rd degree felony

Filing a false report regarding a missing child – 1st degree misdemeanor

Filing a false report of a crime – 1st degree misdemeanor

Contributing to the delinquency of a child – 1st degree misdemeanor

Surely they can stack a few more charges in there.

Hindering an investigation, conspiracy etc.

I just don't understand it...If Tina handed Shannon over to SB willingly why she would then report her missing. ....Unless it was an attempt to gain sympathy , attention and/or $$$$$$.
This had to have been pre-planned with a clear motive.
JMO

I almost sure somebody has already asked this, but was the father of Shannon wanting to keep her and the mother didn't? Hope that makes sense.

I am wondering IF the cedar box with the blanket and little bumper guards were initially used as a little crib for Shannon during the days Susan had Shannon.

I can handle that picture in my head however I can't get my head wrapped around placing a lid on the cedar box with precious Shannon inside and placed under the bed. :furious:

Soooo happy that baby Shannon is alive and well! Certainly a miracle ending and I wish more of these cases ended this way. She's adorable!

I'm heartbroken that the mother and possibly the father were somehow involved, but I still feel that the "babysitter" manipulated the couple and took advantage of their diminished mental capacity (as was previously reported).

Pure evil - evil to the core. I have nothing more to say - law enforcement and justice will take its course now.

Baby Shannon is now safe, two are behind bars and Rusty only has supervised visits so I am comforted.

May those involved feel the full effect of the law and may they never be allowed to be any where near children again as long as they live.

Thanks to all relentless WS sleuthers who worked day and night connecting the dots - am in awe of each of you and am proud to have worked alongside you.

Am moving on over to Paul's case and some other cases where the little ones still need to be found.

Attachments

• The Box.jpg
    The Box.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 17
I am wondering IF the cedar box with the blanket and little bumper guards were initially used as a little crib for Shannon during the days Susan had Shannon.

I can handle that picture in my head however I can't get my head wrapped around placing a lid on the cedar box with precious Shannon inside and placed under the bed. :furious:

I hope they throw the book at all parties involved:furious:

God must have breathed air into that baby Himself. I can't figure out how she survived even during the time LE was in the house looking for her!

Sorry to disrupt the current conversation but I have to say that I am SOOOOO happy this beautiful baby was found alive last night!!!!! :)

God must have breathed air into that baby Himself. I can't figure out how she survived even during the time LE was in the house looking for her!

I know!!! Those chests are made to keep cherished mementos safe for a long time, so they don't let air in. Shannon truly is a miracle child.

Pure evil - evil to the core. I have nothing more to say - law enforcement and justice will take its course now.

Baby Shannon is now safe, two are behind bars and Rusty only has supervised visits so I am comforted.

May those involved feel the full effect of the law and may they never be allowed to be any where near children again as long as they live.

Thanks to all relentless WS sleuthers who worked day and night connecting the dots - am in awe of each of you and am proud to have worked alongside you.

Am moving on over to Paul's case and some other cases where the little ones still need to be found.

I don't understand.I haven't understood much about this case, but did Rusty have something to do with this also ? How come he only has supervised visits ? Is she at least with family ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave