MI MI - Ronald & Christine Jabalee, both 58, New Baltimore, 6 Oct 2006

I reckon it says

S S E I L C

s s e i l c

Or the last letter being c could be a g because then it starts to be watered down

How horrific :(

I think from everything i read its someone in the family, or connected to the family

Just so sad that they died like that
Police say the steps leading to the garage held two important clues for them when they arrived: Christine's slippers and a crumbled cookie. Cops say that shows that the attack escalated from calm to chaotic very quickly.

As the slippers are at the bottom step I would say she was walking down to the garage and was pushed to catch her off guard and her slippers came off

I guess I did not realize the daughters last name is Schmidt. Is she still married? Hear me out here with this...

The letters are supposedly S S E I L C

What if they are S C H M I D T

The S is the same. The top half of the S could just be a smudged C. The E could be a smudged H. Maybe in their haste they did not do the M or it got smeared. Then there is an I, which would be the same in both, or the L could be a smeared I. The C could be a smeared D.

In looking at the photos again though, I really think that first letter is a J.

I still say the message spells out jbale with the b & the a merged together using the same half circle. Jabalee is the last name of the family. The letter above could be a J. Maybe Jr. Jabalee?

S S E I L C
What if the letters each stand for a word or it's something like a license plate where you have to guess what it means?

Did we confirm what the family language was - Did Christine have another language?

From the AMW site and looking at this for the first time, I get S then Seide.

Seide is 'silk' in German?

What if the gas can was someone who had wanted to set a fire, would that have been possible, but was distracted from it, owing to having to do the cleaning of the letters...

Fire would smack of some kind of revenge killing, perhaps?

Was there a rival business involved?

It seems like the killer was someone they knew. I think Christine brought a cookie for the killer who had been visiting with her husband in the garage. I think the killer beat them senseless and then got the 2 knives out of the kitchen to finish them off. I'm thinking that Christine might have written the message before the stabbing, while the killer was getting the knives.
I do think it's interesting that the parents always called after closing and no one called them that night to see why they didn't call.

to me it from a distance looks like:
SWILE
close up looks like
S l v i e
or S S ivie
the dried blood under it definately is either a w or a v

Thanks for the update on the case. I forgot all about it until I saw that it had been bumped up. I wonder who the suspects are? I hope when they are charged that the meaning of the letters is released. Waiting impatiently for more info!

Hopefully someone can finally put this case to rest. I live in the area and drive past the home all the time. I'll never forget seeing the yellow tape that day.

The houses are set back far from the road but there are neighbors on either side I'm shocked no one noticed or heard anything.

This was such a sad event in a nice quiet well kept neighborhood.................and to think it may be at the hands of their own family members is just heart breaking.:(

It is encouraging to read that LE is close to making an arrest. This case has always broken my heart. They fought so hard for their lives and did not give up until the very end. So sad.

I have driven myself mad staring at the letters and trying to decipher them but I think the unfortunate truth is there just isn't enough there for anyone to make sense of it. Perhaps once there is an arrest it will make sense.

I know that luminol can show up when blood has been wiped away. Maybe there was enough in the thickness of her words before they got wiped away, and LE knows more than they are telling?
I would hope they havent been sitting on this all these years, but something has surely come up to bring this case back into the media. My thoughts and prayers are with their kids and family.

I know that luminol can show up when blood has been wiped away. Maybe there was enough in the thickness of her words before they got wiped away, and LE knows more than they are telling?
I would hope they havent been sitting on this all these years, but something has surely come up to bring this case back into the media. My thoughts and prayers are with their kids and family.

I sure do HOPE that the LE did do the LUMINAL
maybe they didn't since the blood was visible ???????
I have seen stories where years later it was done..
let's hope they try it again also perhaps in other parts of the floor?
Maybe it was once written on but removed also?
Anyway really loved this post...
this is what we are all about....
ideas to help solve crimes...:blowkiss:

Damn! good thinking, chico! I can't believe this didn't occur to me! Duh! I hope at least the police thought about it and maybe it contributed to the fact that there may be an arrest soon.

Damn! good thinking, chico! I can't believe this didn't occur to me! Duh! I hope at least the police thought about it and maybe it contributed to the fact that there may be an arrest soon.

Lol! This little Ding Ding Ding went off in my head when I read Chico's post - LUMINOL! Can't believe that never even crossed my mind!
Surely LE isn't as clueless as I am and they 'luminoled' the place to hell and back.

People asking for their money back?! It never even occured to me that you could do that. Wow.

$50,000 is still a lot of money though.

So far all I have found in the local news in about the reward money.

:waitasec: (Blood + Luminol = )

You would have thought that would have crossed their minds..........

So far all I have found in the local news in about the reward money.

:waitasec: (Blood + Luminol = )

You would have thought that would have crossed their minds..........

I would hope so!! LOL :crazy: Its been around longer than most of us have, so I doubt they didnt do LUMINOL testing years ago when they were murdered.

What a shame that people took their reward monies away. I understand about the economy, but usually family members or close friends would be the ones to donate reward money, IMO. Maybe this happens more than we hear about, but it just sounds strange to me. Maybe they got scared when they re-opened their investigation.

BTW, Welcome to WS!! Oops- you have been here awhile, just saw the post number..

Thanks for the Welcome Chicogirl36,

Yes I've been here awhile just lurking most of the time....there is just soooooo much info and case info here its hard to keep up. I came from a smaller forum when it had to shut down, I think many did.

I just drove by this house again yesterday....such a shame nothing has came from this message in blood ......someone tried so hard to leave this and nothing :confused: Sad.... Sad

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back