GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I keep seeing is 2000 Red Chevorlet SUV. What type of SUV was it? Blazer, TrailBlazer or Tahoe? Those are the SUV's Chevrolet made that year.

I guess I added my own detail that they found the vehicle abandoned, the articles just say it was recovered Monday afternoon in Roanake. They had this info very early on.

No I think we have all assumed it was abandonned just by the way LE was talking about it in the very beginning.

Now I am almost feeling afraid too much information has now leaked out and hoping it would not harm the murder investigation in the end.

The value of a 2000 Blazer is about $2,200.00, less for quick sale. TrailBlazer $3,300.00, again less for quick sale!

All I keep seeing is 2000 Red Chevorlet SUV. What type of SUV was it? Blazer, TrailBlazer or Tahoe? Those are the SUV's Chevrolet made that year.

I have only seen it referred to as a "Blazer", but that was here on WS and have not seen it anywhere else myself

Two questions about the new video:

1) Does he have sunglasses on top of his head?

2) Does he grab her butt as they are walking out of the store?

Just thinking outloud here. Maybe the guy only gave JE a "down payment" of $500 - $1000 bucks, and got to drive it away. He could have thought they would meet at the DMV on Monday morning to do the paperwork stuff.

TS posts on FB 1:30-ish
Walmart purchases at 8:30-ish
AM purchases at 9:30-ish (possibly sold car)

Considering that there were accusations of inappropriate behavior before Friday, the comments made by TS and her family after BS went missing, I'm pretty sure TS was murdered prior to the Walmart trip. TS kept BS from school that friday for whatever reason, I doubt she would have allowed BS to go with JE willingly. What's puzzling is what did they do for those 45 minutes???
If LE knew about this AM video and the selling of the car, the information they gave to the public was very misleading. I understand keeping certain information quiet to preserve certain evidence, but to be misleading when there is a child that is missing...is bothersome.

depending on who this person is that bought the car and his relationship to je le may not of wanted to tip their hand to je that they had spoken to the buyer...

eta: which is why they wouldnt confirm where the suv was found...

Just thinking outloud here. Maybe the guy only gave JE a "down payment" of $500 - $1000 bucks, and got to drive it away. He could have thought they would meet at the DMV on Monday morning to do the paperwork stuff.

I agree, that he paid probably about half of what it was worth or less. As I remember CA, all you have to do is sign the title and hand it over....unless things have changed in the last 20 years, which could be! lol

TS posts on FB 1:30-ish
Walmart purchases at 8:30-ish
AM purchases at 9:30-ish (possibly sold car)

Considering that there were accusations of inappropriate behavior before Friday, the comments made by TS and her family after BS went missing, I'm pretty sure TS was murdered prior to the Walmart trip. TS kept BS from school that friday for whatever reason, I doubt she would have allowed BS to go with JE willingly. What's puzzling is what did they do for those 45 minutes???
If LE knew about this AM video and the selling of the car, the information they gave to the public was very misleading. I understand keeping certain information quiet to preserve certain evidence, but to be misleading when there is a child that is missing...is bothersome.

the new video footage is from 9:20pm...

eta:

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/1...avi-ar-712919/

The video, taken at the Salem Apple Market on West Main Street, shows Easley buying gas and a few other items at around 9:20 p.m., roughly 45 minutes after leaving the Salem Walmart, where police say he bought camping gear with Tina Smith's credit card.

Also, if I am seeing it correctly, JE gets back into that red SUV and backs it away from the pump. Wonder where the switch was made between the buyer and JE and BS got into TS's Neon.

On the 5:30 news cast on WSLS, they did not go into much detail, but did show a very brief interview of this male clerk there at AM who said he recognized JE because he was a "regular" at the AM and he remarked to his boss "Debbie" that the girl did not even have on a coat or long sleeves. "Debbie" then called the police. This is making less sense as I'm typing it. Hope they put this up on their web site so all can see it as I am not doing so good at interpreting it for ya'll.

I agree, that he paid probably about half of what it was worth or less. As I remember CA, all you have to do is sign the title and hand it over....unless things have changed in the last 20 years, which could be! lol

Yeah, In the mean time, word of the crime gets out (Mon?), and the buyer goes "OH CARP!", and calls LE....

Yeah, but if I remember right TS would have to sign it over. I suppose BS could have signed it with her mom's name - or maybe the buyer thought they would all meet up at the DMV on Mon, or Tues. In the mean time, word of the crime gets out (Mon?), and the buyer goes "OH CARP!", and calls LE....

The red SUV was supposedly JE's vehicle (I think that was the case).

Yeah, but if I remember right TS would have to sign it over. I suppose BS could have signed it with her mom's name - or maybe the buyer thought they would all meet up at the DMV on Mon, or Tues. In the mean time, word of the crime gets out (Mon?), and the buyer goes "OH CARP!", and calls LE....

The Blazer that was sold belonged to JE, not TS.

depending on who this person is that bought the car and his relationship to je le may not of wanted to tip their hand to je that they had spoken to the buyer...

eta: which is why they wouldnt confirm where the suv was found...

Keeping those tidbits of info out are understandable. The part that I found misleading was the statements regarding them being low on cash and not having the financial means to get very far. No one would suspected that they were in CA, a lot in part because they believed they didn't have much money. Even if he sold the car for $500. That would have been enough money to get them across country.

2 to 3 day head start + transportation (TS Car) + cash money = could be anywhere. All LE had to say was that they could be anywhere....this is a nationwide manhunt and EVERYONE should be on the look out. If it wasn't for Nancy Grace, Good Morning America (which by the time it airs in the morning, most people are at work), or on here, Californians would have had no idea what was going on. Some people still don't. It only made SF news. Major news stations haven't covered it at all.

Keeping those tidbits of info out are understandable. The part that I found misleading was the statements regarding them being low on cash and not having the financial means to get very far. No one would suspected that they were in CA, a lot in part because they believed they didn't have much money. Even if he sold the car for $500. That would have been enough money to get them across country.

2 to 3 day head start + transportation (TS Car) + cash money = could be anywhere. All LE had to say was that they could be anywhere....this is a nationwide manhunt and EVERYONE should be on the look out. If it wasn't for Nancy Grace, Good Morning America (which by the time it airs in the morning, most people are at work), or on here, Californians would have had no idea what was going on. Some people still don't. It only made SF news. Major news stations haven't covered it at all.

i was only speculating on why le may have withheld the buyer info, not whether it was misleading to the public...

I was 14 years old when I was kidnapped from my home. I was missing and repeatedly raped for a period of almost 24 hours. I am 33 years old now. Although no one was killed in my presence, my life was threatened over and over during that time period. No gun, no knife, only the fact that here I was begging for my life while this 24 year old man held me. His strength was his only weapon. I spent years of my life questioning what if I had done this or what if I had not done that. What if I didn't answer the door, what if I had stayed on the phone with my friend when I answered the door. What if, what if, what if.......it took many years for me to realize that none of those what ifs would ever change the facts of what did actually happen and I did what I had to do in that situation to survive and stay alive. I would have told my attacker ANYTHING he wanted to hear and did ANYTHING he wanted me to do to stay alive. In fact, that is what kept me alive. I had many police officers, counselors, etc. all tell me that in my situation it is the one thing that kept me alive.

When I look at Brittany, I see myself, I see a LITTLE GIRL who is just trying to keep herself alive and in fact that is what she did. She LIVED and for that I applaud her.

You - that 14 year old Salvarenga - YOU ARE WHO WE ARE HERE FOR and WHY WE ARE HERE! So glad you survived and so glad you are now a VICTOR not a VICTIM. You have your power back now and your instincts saved you! There is a reason, intuition sounds like WISDOM! You heard your inner voice tell you how to stay safe, you listened and you lived! Big bravos from me and bigger bravos for having the courage to revisit this pain to help another little girl!

STRAWBERRY & RANSOM- I changed my post. I was totally mixed up! Sorry!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie