Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domestic gone bad ! Dv is always bad - it is horrific that our terms for murder are low , and disgusting that men who kills their partners often recive a lot less.

agreed, I should have said one that escalated to lethal violence. there are far too many stories of people killing their spouses, parents and children.

Keyboredom posted a page or 2 ago questioning the reference to Allison being seen at the Kenmore roundabout that night. Good point - I can't recall either how this started. I thought it was actually reported in the media, possibly even as a statement from Ainsworth, and then reported on here as a result. Can anyone confirm this? I felt at the time that it was a genuine report not just an idea someone mentioned, and that it was referred to by a few people, but I dont have the time to trawl back through all those pages.

Just a thought re: the gloves and water bottle found near waterway. Don't forget Clean Up Australia Day was held back in March - could simply have been left behind by Clean Up volunteers (I know, the irony).

It's a bit creepy and inappropriate using the words 'struck down but not destroyed'.

Maybe they weren't (and agree they are playing the victim as I also thought GBC was that day when he spoke in his little quiet voice), but ALLISON was ... to use those words - struck down and destroyed.

How could you put the focus on yourself like that in the most inappropriate way?

Similar to those who put the focus on themselves by having a geriatric pash session as their daughter in law lay decomposing in the mud flats and while decent men and women were out searching in all weathers ?

At the end of the day................We may be all incorrect. Or may be correct with our thoughts it was GBD. Maybe the parents were involed after the fact, or not. Maybe the mistress did it, or may have been involved......or not. Maybe Allison was having an affair and the guy she was having it with, killed her (dumped her at Tyamolum.....to make it seem like GBD did it, or not). Maybe, maybe maybe.

All i know, is I HOPE that they catch whoever did this to her.

That sermon from the pastor brother in law.....If I had a hard copy of that, i'd puke on it. They make is seem like they are so victimised. I dont recall seeing the Dickie's being hounded by the media at the command post. Maybe, if they had displayed more care and compassion to the world about their in-law being missing....and had GBC of his wife..................the media, would have been less of what they call hounding, and what we call normal.

Well said !!! and again (because the forum bot insists I lengthen my comment)

WELL SAID !!!!

Keyboredom posted a page or 2 ago questioning the reference to Allison being seen at the Kenmore roundabout that night. Good point - I can't recall either how this started. I thought it was actually reported in the media, possibly even as a statement from Ainsworth, and then reported on here as a result. Can anyone confirm this? I felt at the time that it was a genuine report not just an idea someone mentioned, and that it was referred to by a few people, but I dont have the time to trawl back through all those pages.

I'm sure the reporter in the 7 news report said something like "they believed Alison was on/at the roundabout...." - but I will have to find the link and check. From memory, the police didn't say it, but the reporter said something to that effect. Can anyone verify?

Do you agree that the perpetrator of this crime probably never imagined in their wildest dreams, the amount of coverage, attention and reaction Allison's loss has attracted? They probably thought she would just go down on the books as a missing person, it would get a bit of attention for a few days and then the perpetrator would just be able to get on with their lives.

I love the fact that we as a community (locally and globally) are expressing our hurt and outrage at Allison's untimely loss. We will never accept this and will not let it go until we get some answers on behalf of Allison, her children and her family. I know that you are all as upset about this as me, and I didn't know Allison personally. My heart aches for her.

I'm sure the reporter in the 7 news report said something like "they believed Alison was on/at the roundabout...." - but I will have to find the link and check. From memory, the police didn't say it, but the reporter said something to that effect. Can anyone verify?

As I remember, those words were spoken in the usual 'lead-up to the News'. Didn't hear it spoken that way during the actual News item.

hmm ... wonder if that means she was seen or slip of the reporter's words? You'd think the police would move the mannequin to the roundabout if it's likely she was seen. Poor lady.

Here is the link to the report - the reporter says they believe "she was sighted" on the roundabout.

I guess it isn't very clear whether she means Allison herself (which was my initial understanding), or just that her car was sighted. Any thoughts?

Did this information emerge as result of the reported questioning of the woman described as 'very close' to GBC, one wonders. Or as result of independent witnesses ?

Here is the link to the report - the reporter says they believe "she was sighted" on the roundabout.

I guess it isn't very clear whether she means Allison herself (which was my initial understanding), or just that her car was sighted. Any thoughts?

Yes, I'm confused about this too. I remember thinking at the time, did they mean she was seen on foot (ie she actually did go on a walk) or in a vehicle, or both (eg if she walked out and he went after her and got her to get into the vehicle)? Or did she actually drive a vehicle herself?

Added to this were the couple of posts on here mentioning that a vehicle was left on the Brookfield Showgrounds for a period of time - I'm not sure where the info came from on that one either - and which vehicle, for how long, etc?

I'm a newbie who has been following this thread with great interest. Whatever unfolds in the coming days/weeks etc, this forum has demonstrated to me that all is not completely lost in this ever baffling, desensitized world. People DO still care about the wellbeing & plight of others and are prepared to take a stand when the innocent have been harmed.

Did this information emerge as result of the reported questioning of the woman described as 'very close' to GBC, one wonders. Or as result of independent witnesses ?

i thought the news report said that her car was seen between 11pm and 4am and police were asking for further witnesses...

I'm a newbie who has been following this thread with great interest. Whatever unfolds in the coming days/weeks etc, this forum has demonstrated to me that all is not completely lost in this ever baffling, desensitized world. People DO still care about the wellbeing & plight of others and are prepared to take a stand when the innocent have been harmed.

Hi, Usernamestaken --- seen your ID down there. Glad you've broken the ice and commented :)

You're right in what you say, imo. Regardless of race or creed, I do believe the senses of 'justice' and 'injustice' are hard-wired into the human race

There are fresh appeals for locals to keep an eye out for Allison's mobile phone. I think he would of destroyed it and thrown it in the river, with all the rain that came down and the sediment, it could be a foot under mud anywhere that weir travelled to. I doubt that the mobile phone will ever turn up, surely the phoe companies can assist with messages sent to and from her phone, even SMS.
I am starting to think that they are getting desperate to get some hard evidence, it is strange that they have not dragged him to the cop shop for a formal statement. It is also strange that the girls have not been formally interviewed by the department of justice group that specially deal with kids, I know the police have their reasons for things, shoot me if im wrong in saying this, but to me the whole thing could of been handled a lot better. I have expressed in my posts the concern at why they did not have smaller groups lookig through water ways or around the scout grounds where there are waterways as he would not buried her due to mess and iability to clean it all up. The police have delayed i calling him in hence his ability to have a car crash, they should of just picked him up to go i for questioningand that way he would of had no time to have a car crash. The girls should of been placed with her parents straight away for at least 2 days so they could be interviewed in depth and him away from influence. The camera's on all areas for traffic should have been check first and they should now park one of their cars on the actual roundabout under police guard to trigger peoples memoris, Hey, just my opinion that a lot more could of been done a lot sooner as it is my belief they KNEW they were looking for a body from the beginning and it will eventually come out that this is the case I believe

At the end of the day................We may be all incorrect. Or may be correct with our thoughts it was GBD. Maybe the parents were involed after the fact, or not. Maybe the mistress did it, or may have been involved......or not. Maybe Allison was having an affair and the guy she was having it with, killed her (dumped her at Tyamolum.....to make it seem like GBD did it, or not). Maybe, maybe maybe.

All i know, is I HOPE that they catch whoever did this to her.

That sermon from the pastor brother in law.....If I had a hard copy of that, i'd puke on it. They make is seem like they are so victimised. I dont recall seeing the Dickie's being hounded by the media at the command post. Maybe, if they had displayed more care and compassion to the world about their in-law being missing....and had GBC of his wife..................the media, would have been less of what they call hounding, and what we call normal.

Well said !!! and again (because the forum bot insists I lengthen my comment)

WELL SAID !!!!

Ok, on this train of thought....what if the parents were involved. Have the police interviewed them? Where were they on Thursday night and Friday morning? Have the police checked the fathers car?

We know that they searched the parents house ....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ished-a-week-ago/story-e6freoof-1226339257059

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff