a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all...gots my Zinfandel and my soy rice crackas and my journal and ready to write...

What a day...court day began with M&M's and ended in Disneyland.

Who woulda thought?

Ok.........countdown to notes...3...........2............1...............

I'm sooo excited! :rocker: When I log on and see that KCL has just made the last post on this thread, it makes my night.

Thanks for all your hard work, dedication & note taking, KCL.

:panic: Sorry to break the notes up, but I am so excited! I've made it through 3/4th's of a bottle waiting!!! lol...thank you KCL for all you do!

(News of the Weird, just got a psychotweet from someone calling themself "Justice4Jodi" - nuff said, just learned the block feature on twitter :great:)

Ok so got in the courtroom thinking I was late but there were tons of other people in there for other cases. Looked like several hispanic defendants in stripes and the odd sounds of people speaking English with the murmur of Spanish translators going on. Several attorneys on both sides, families sitting all around the court. A few media people I recognize but odd. I went to my seat on the second row then saw JM sitting 3 seats down on the front seat.

As I was sitting there with a purse full of custom M&M's , some with his name printed on them I SO wanted to approach him but ...Aw He!! no! Not after the recent events.

So shortly thereafter people started trickling in and Nicole the VA sat behind him and Aunt Heather came in, sat next to Juan and started chatting. I actually wanted to speak with Nicole about another project I'm cooking up so scooted over then Juan turned around as I moved over and smiled at me and said Hi so I just blurted out "I have M&M's in my purse with your name on them" and he chuckled and said "I want to see them". So I scooted back and grabbed them and grabbed the light blue ones and handed them to him and he immediately started chuckling and said something like "these are great!". Then I showed him the "Well it's your fog" ones and he laughed again. Nicole the VA was really having fun with them too..she thought they were hilarious! Then I showed the dark ones to Heather that said "Justice 4 Travis" and just handed them out.

Juan M. then asked if he could keep the bag of the light blue ones and I said "of course!" (figured the person who sent them would be thrilled to know he kept the bag--and I had more at home..Just brought about half as I only had that much room in my purse!). And gave the rest to the fam who took them in the Victim room. Later a journalist wanted to take a pic of them and I just said "sorry, already gave them away". Had it been one of my fave journalists I would have told them I had more at home they could photo but..............;)

So that's the M&M melt in your mouth beginning to my day. :seeya:

I am having extremely mixed feelings about juror 5. I keep getting the feeling that this is a disaster waiting to happen. I know that she has every right to be there if she wants to, but common sense is screaming at me that this case does not need another distraction or controversy. I have never seen anything like this & there's something about it that is unsettling to me.

Me too disco girl. Very unsettling.

I am having extremely mixed feelings about juror 5. I keep getting the feeling that this is a disaster waiting to happen. I know that she has every right to be there if she wants to, but common sense is screaming at me that this case does not need another distraction or controversy. I have never seen anything like this & there's something about it that is unsettling to me.

You think she told her job she can go back to work?

So when Tanisha came in, she handed me a card and a box that contained two beautiful blue ribbon pins. The kind you can stick on to your collar or something...I'll take pics (of course) later. They are so beautiful. she wrote me the most beautiful sentiments on the card she wrote thanking me for the support. It just melted my little heart. :)

I see JA walk in in her red top (weirdly I woke up this am thinking I needed to wear red today as did KatieDDJ) . She's sporting her Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm hairdo today. Or whatever ya wanna call it.

She starts right out close talking w/ Nurmi who quickly rolls his chair back to his spot and turns his back on her as usual.

At this point someone leans in and whispers to me that Juror 5 will be joining court today...but I don't see her.

ALV just came in, in blue and looks the same, not sick.

ABC reporter talking to me wanting to interview re: fund raising efforts for the family.

Hi KCL- if you get time after your notes, do you have any insight on Judge S talking with ALV in private after court proceedings today?
Thanks again, and I LOVE that you got to show the m&ms to Mr. Juanderful today.

Well that seems fair and classy. And I hope she's spending most of her days feverishly behind a computer screen typing like mad all of her memories. I'd buy her book. And if she's signed on here...hello and welcome! ;) Never know....

Great thought that Juror #5 may have signed up here on WS!

If so... :welcome: Juror #5! :wagon:

Yes! My kind of friend of gal... I'll take a coors light please!!

I want to know if Katie noticed when Mr Martinez was questioning her, she kept looking at the jury as if for some kind of validation of how his style questioning of her was being received by them especially after answering him?? Also were they looking back at her when she was looking at them during his questioning?

She is smart she knew what she was doing on that stand and I wanted to wiped the smirky smile off of Jodi's face as if she was getting one over on him! Ugh!!

bbm

please tell us ! it looked like sometimes she got feedback, but not always

Nurmi starts out arguing for sequestration.

Ok we all know where that went. DENIED.

The Grace Wong hearing was mentioned but still not clear what that is about or when that will be discussed.

In comes the jury.

Poquito Mas and the Wrestler yawning.

Ponytail has a waterfall style updo which I really want to know how she did it as I'd like to recreate it myself. She has her long bangs pulled back with a little clip today.

Rest of jurors look attentive, serious. The hole where 5 was is still glaring.

ALV is supposed to be talking re: Jodi but she seems more fixated on Travis--it's creepy.

ALV sits during sidebar, bug eyed. She doesn't try to eavesdrop like Samuels did.

I can see all the jury except Barb and Poquito Mas.

Interesting ALV in blue today.

No stalking? Really? JM will correct her on that.

SHe's left her rolling suitcase, fairly large , right at the bottom of the step that goes up to the witness stand. Right in the middle of the passage way. Quick getaway?

The smiling!!! No jurors engage with this at all.

WTH is she smiling about? Same with JW. Weird..they are in their own little world...smiling.

Again, females are "vulnerable" and males aggressive abusers. YUK!

Hi KCL- if you get time after your notes, do you have any insight on Judge S talking with ALV in private after court proceedings today?
Thanks again, and I LOVE that you got to show the m&ms to Mr. Juanderful today.

YES I know what this was about..stay tuned...

YES I know what this was about..stay tuned...
I hope it was to tell ALV to leave her laughing hyena friends at home next week.
ETA: Someone posted screen shots of ALV leaving with the 2 cackling women that sat behind JA's family

Yes, if she really doesn't want to make it about her, she should stay away now. Don't give the DT any more pretexts for mistrial.

Now, talking to media would be great, imo, but stay away from the courthouse, just watch on the internets like the rest of us.

I'm staring at ALV during sidebar. Her eyes bounce around. NONE of the jury is looking at her/engaged w/ her."

JW's entire demeanor is like she's doing a cooking show. "And after that step, what do you put in the pan next?" (perky smile) "Nice! (smile) now let's move on to the braising of the meat, can you tell us a little bit about that? thanks!!! " (perky smile).

(I did write all that in my notes..LOL)

The Harry Potter glasses don't make her look smarter they make her look clownish.

HW only one note taking so far.

CEO same stance- if I put a cloud over his head, it would be saying "come on already, let's move this thing along"

JA licking her lips and looking over at jurors--none of them looking back at her or engaging.

Someone just handed me a stick of blue gum wrapped in blue tin foil. C and I chewed ours down very slowly in case the cameras were on us to see it. ;)

Re: text message testimony:

HW only note taking

court reporter today is pretty with gorgeous hair. I bet JA will make a complaint on her and try to get her removed.

re: travis "apologized and says she's a fantastic person " (no one taking notes

Trump chin in hand: cloud over his head "how long is this nut gonna drone on and on..what's for lunch?"

5 pack on the back all mimicing posture. Sit straight up, head back, chin forward

Again w/ the Jodi hearsay re: "violence" ONLY reported by Jodi.

I feel like I want to choke my own self to keep from screaming at this B. Personal and close up? Really? How about slitting someone's throat? That personal and closeup enough for you Alyce?

Tried to defend herself-afraid to hurt him. Um, how about KILL him?

She's very repetitive now--much of this we heart the whole first day-again she's lost all the males.

She didn't talk about the DV very much before because she hadn't made it all up yet. some kind of expletives right in here (#&$^$(!!!

She's infuriating.

WHo are these imaginary people who keep showing up at her workplace to inform her of her cheating boyfriends--first Matt , now travis. I call BS

LIAR

I'm staring at ALV during sidebar. Her eyes bounce around. NONE of the jury is looking at her/engaged w/ her."

JW's entire demeanor is like she's doing a cooking show. "And after that step, what do you put in the pan next?" (perky smile) "Nice! (smile) now let's move on to the braising of the meat, can you tell us a little bit about that? thanks!!! " (perky smile).

(I did write all that in my notes..LOL)

That's perfect! It's like she has no idea where she is. I don't care which side you're on, it's so out of place.

No it wasn't about that, it was about her lying and manipulating AGAIN!

He keeps accusing her of lying--from the consummate liar only Note taking HW w/ text up on screen.

ALV watches Tanisha step out to the BR.

Zero note taking re: veiled threats.

Here comes the chuckling again. "veiled threat attached to reality" What is funny about that???

She's too damn cheeky to be taken seriously.

"seeking revenge" no note taking

CEO twirling pen

To me, in these texts, JA loves getting him worked up

Hi all...gots my Zinfandel and my soy rice crackas and my journal and ready to write...

What a day...court day began with M&M's and ended in Disneyland.

Who woulda thought?

Ok.........countdown to notes...3...........2............1...............

Hey katiecoolady. I loved that Alice could not remember any negatives in Jodis journals about herself. She was blowing alot of hot air and JM had to pin her down. Some people may not like his style, but he knows what he is dealing with and I believe the jury saw what he wanted then to. Cant wait for Monday. Prayers for you and your brother.

Katie, was the blonde cackler, Gail, Alyce's partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni