GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detective Locklear:"I believe he (nick holbert) has very valuable information as to where's she's at."
I think as far as LE is concerned it is a real short list.

bbm

You don't even have to read between the lines to catch what that means.... mmmpppffff -- doesn't look good for NH, does it? If he took her to some remote area to have sex, etc., and things went wrong.... as Locklear says, they don't have a murder scene.... and probably never will if it's NH.

If they find her body tomorrow, seems to me evidence of a sexual assault would be non-existent. (Obviously I have no forensic science experience, but it's been a long time with respect to finding any evidence of that type on her body. Maybe injuries, but DNA??)

Thanks for posting the link to this recent report.

These comments seem very telling to me:

Detective Jeff Locklear says "at the center of the investigation...the texts and calls Kelli made after leaving the bar. I think they weigh heavily on the events of that night and how she felt about what was going on and who she was with."

Was glad to hear they have interviewed NH a 3rd time; hope it proves fruitful.

BBM

Yes, that comment made me :eek:

Me too. I am now leaning toward NH based on LE's statements regarding the texts etc. What would be the odds of being alone with a RSO. Being dropped off and falling victim to a serial rapist. I would say slim to none. Husband now off my radar. Praying Kelli is found :please:

I have done a cursory search thru some of these threads to see if there was a detailed report on NH's crime. Victims age etc. Some days i skimmed due to the emotional impact this case held for me. If anyone could point me in that direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for posting the link to this recent report.

These comments seem very telling to me:

Detective Jeff Locklear says "at the center of the investigation...the texts and calls Kelli made after leaving the bar. I think they weigh heavily on the events of that night and how she felt about what was going on and who she was with."

Was glad to hear they have interviewed NH a 3rd time; hope it proves fruitful.
Locklear's comment does not seam to describe the two "final"text messages that the family talked about.Makes me believe there must be other text messages and calls that point in the direction of NH that we have not heard about.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see anything "new" in this Today Show report. It's the reporter who makes the statement that the "husband was in Florida and isn't a suspect" (paraphrasing), not LE. Also, when was that interview done with the police chief? And the third interview with NH was way back in the beginning of the investigation, not recently, unless I'm mis-remembering. I thought they previously said he has not been questioned again since he was arrested. Again, possibly mis-remembering). I think maybe Today wanted a story for the 3 month anniversary and the butterfly release and went with it, without any new facts. MOO

I do think that since the text messages haven't been released, they hold a wealth of information and I can quickly change my mind, depending on their content. Here is another article from 7/15/12 that states:

Holbert was arrested in April on charges unrelated to Bordeaux. He remains in the Cumberland County Detention Center charged with failure to register his address as a sex offender, but police say he isn't considered a suspect in the Bordeaux case.

At this point, police say they have no suspects.

Detectives continue to track down leads, but the case hasn't seen any major developments, police spokesman Gavin MacRoberts said.

Link:http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/07/15/1190738?sac=fo.military

Therefore, I'm still not convinced that NH is our perp. MOO and all that!

At this point, police say they have no suspects.
That's more of a legal distinction rather than what they really believe.

Publicly calling someone a "suspect" can create potential legal problems down the road and it also creates a certain mindset in the public. Since the fiasco of the Atlanta Olympics Bombing and what happened when Richard Jewel was called a "suspect," LE across the nation changed when they use the term.

Some will say POI (person of interest) instead. Some LE departments will say "we haven't named any suspects or POI." Some LE won't say anything other than "we have no suspects."

It doesn't tell the public anything about what's going on behind the scenes. LE is protecting the case from future defense attorney attacks and the media won't use the term unless/until LE says it first. Keeping the potential jury pool uncontaminated.

I think the new development was the third interview. The last I had heard from Det. Locklear was they had interviewed NH 2 times, and had nothing further to discuss with him. I think he said that at one of the press conferences. Hoping they get some answers soon!While reading the old article from WRAL in regards to his original arrest, I wish we knew more of the details. The fact that the mom was only away for a short time, was this the first time he abused this girl? Was this his only victim?

Still, based on what Locklear has always said "No one has been cleared in this case"

That's more of a legal distinction rather than what they really believe.

Publicly calling someone a "suspect" can create potential legal problems down the road and it also creates a certain mindset in the public. Since the fiasco of the Atlanta Olympics Bombing and what happened when Richard Jewel was called a "suspect," LE across the nation changed when they use the term.

Some will say POI (person of interest) instead. Some LE departments will say "we haven't named any suspects or POI." Some LE won't say anything other than "we have no suspects."

It doesn't tell the public anything about what's going on behind the scenes. LE is protecting the case from future defense attorney attacks and the media won't use the term unless/until LE says it first. Keeping the potential jury pool uncontaminated.

ERRN1313, you may be correct on the 3rd interview reference and that news report was a patchwork with the butterfly release story. I was remembering, like lowes123, that the last I heard from LE was they had interviewed him 2 times. I guess I am not confidently clear on this aspect either.

Nevertheless, the big thing for me is the investigator's reference to "the texts and calls Kelli made after leaving the bar. I think they weigh heavily on the events of that night and how she felt about what was going on and who she was with."

This is for sure the first time I heard those words from the investigator; particularly "how she felt about what was going on and who she was with". Prayers the truth will come soon and that KB will be located.

Still, based on what Locklear has always said "No one has been cleared in this case"

No one has been "charged", no one has been "named," no one has been "cleared" in this case. It's all creative ways to give sound bites/LE-speak without saying anything directly. It's also a way of saying, "the investigation is ongoing."

We don't know if there's 1 name on the list, 20 names on the list, or 50 names on a list. It's a nonstatement in essence, as it doesn't say much. Now, a month or 2 later, it could be down to just one name on their list. But they're not going to tell us.

ERRN1313, you may be correct on the 3rd interview reference and that news report was a patchwork with the butterfly release story. I was remembering, like lowes123, that the last I heard from LE was they had interviewed him 2 times. I guess I am not confidently clear on this aspect either.

Nevertheless, the big thing for me is the investigator's reference to "the texts and calls Kelli made after leaving the bar. I think they weigh heavily on the events of that night and how she felt about what was going on and who she was with."

This is for sure the first time I heard those words from the investigator; particularly "how she felt about what was going on and who she was with". Prayers the truth will come soon and that KB will be located.

Just using your post as a bounce off, JustyThoughts......

BBM

Maybe I've missed an interview or three from the investigators? I've never heard them say anything to give us any insight at all. The quote mentioned in bold above & the quote about "I believe he (nick holbert) has very valuable information as to where's she's at." were both enlightening to me.

No one is cleared means LE is playing it safe and don't want to be locked into a theory.

No one has been "charged", no one has been "named," no one has been "cleared" in this case. It's all creative ways to give sound bites/LE-speak without saying anything directly. It's also a way of saying, "the investigation is ongoing."

We don't know if there's 1 name on the list, 20 names on the list, or 50 names on a list. It's a nonstatement in essence, as it doesn't say much. Now, a month or 2 later, it could be down to just one name on their list. But they're not going to tell us.

The text information is definitely something to think about. She was said to be texting all night. If she was uncomfortable around NH, I can't believe she would leave with him. If the implication was that she was texting once she was in the car with him and became uncomfortable, sending texts at that point seems strange. Like would she text someone and say "I'm in the car with Nick and getting creeped out", or "NH just made a pass at me"? I'd definitely like to know the content of the texts. I might have to change my mind as to the perp.

Ok, just thinking a little... If someone text me they were worried about someone making a pass... Creeping them out, ect... And then didn't hear from them for 48 hours or so...
It took her not showing up At work for someone to call the poiice.

Ok, just thinking a little... If someone text me they were worried about someone making a pass... Creeping them out, ect... And then didn't hear from them for 48 hours or so...
It took her not showing up At work for someone to call the poiice.

But what if she sent you a text that said she got home safely?

That "got home safely" text went to....her sister? Her husband? Who would "need" to know? If nh were creeping her out, as an avid texter, she could probably discreetly text someone that info. I know she had a few at the bar, but girls her age can usually handle a few cocktails and be fine. Did she text her sister or husband or anyone anything like that?? I have had friends text me things when in uncertain situations, a just in case text. Luckily I haven't ever had to pull these up, but lots of people will do this " just in case"

That "got home safely" text went to....her sister? Her husband? Who would "need" to know? If nh were creeping her out, as an avid texter, she could probably discreetly text someone that info. I know she had a few at the bar, but girls her age can usually handle a few cocktails and be fine. Did she text her sister or husband or anyone anything like that?? I have had friends text me things when in uncertain situations, a just in case text. Luckily I haven't ever had to pull these up, but lots of people will do this " just in case"

This article:

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/23/1173168

Makes it sound like the got home safely text was sent to her friend Justin. Since there may have been some sort of budding romance with Justin, along with the problems she seemed to be having with her husband...it may be a case of both guys thinking she needed some time away from them (communication-wise), to think. That may be why neither was alarmed when they didn't hear back from her. And obviously the got home safely text likely made Justin think her night had ended without incident.

What happened with the detectives being down in Florida for a week? I doubt they would need a week to rule someone out if they thought NH was the perp. And as for the friend Justin being arrested a few days after she goes missing? I think she may have been texting/calling and with someone else after NH dropped her off. Someone spooked her... JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member