CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a thought, reading a post from someone a couple pages back wondering if they sent the kids home to the mother and just kept collecting the checks.

When they did the interview with the bio mother at her apt., there was an infant car seat on the floor, (mixed in with all the other trash and piles of crap) but it was right on top.
That made me wonder, if she has no children, has been declared unfit, why would that car seat be on top? I can see it still being there at the apartment, but I couldn't understand why it hadn't been buried in other things as mother obviously is not much of a cleaner. Maybe their childcare arrangements were worse than we imagined.

Oh no. Hasanni was seen crying in the car at the scrap yard? I bet this is the last time anyone saw him alive.....
Back to the car parked in back of the shoe store: Does anyone know why LR left the trunk open? That makes no sense to me, either.

Columbo he said in one of the videos....He said in the last one that is the Raw Video from ABC7 that is 12+ minutes, that he popped the trunk, ahead of going to the front of the shoe store, because the stroller was in it for the little girl.

He is claiming he also that he never even went into the store.....just motioned to JC to open the back door for her to open the door. That he than went back around to the alley.....JC was already there & asked him where is Hassani???? He said than he went into the store & asked her co-worker to watch the little girl, while they looked for Hassani....than corrected that & said he 1st grabbed his cell from the car to call 911...than looked with Jc for him. He just keeps changing his story everytime I watch every video to make it sound more reasonable, where JC is just falling apart.

I wonder did he get PO'd Monday about him crying & lost his temper??? :shakehead:

I hope his cell phone pings lead LE to him. I'm praying to Hassani to help LE lead them to him today.

I hope I'm making sense....with FMS one suffers from fibro fog when they have just woke up from a restless half sleep of a few hrs. :wink:

:praying: that today they find Hassani & bring him home!

One way or another....find him!!! I can't even begin to imagine another family going months-years not knowing where there loved one is at.

:angel:

Columbo he said in one of the videos....He said in the last one that is the Raw Video from ABC7 that is 12+ minutes, that he popped the trunk, ahead of going to the front of the shoe store, because the stroller was in it for the little girl.

He is claiming he also that he never even went into the store.....just motioned to JC to open the back door for her to open the door. That he than went back around to the alley.....JC was already there & asked him where is Hassani???? He said than he went into the store & asked her co-worker to watch the little girl, while they looked for Hassani....than corrected that & said he 1st grabbed his cell from the car to call 911...than looked with Jc for him. He just keeps changing his story everytime I watch every video to make it sound more reasonable, where JC is just falling apart.

I wonder did he get PO'd Monday about him crying & lost his temper??? :shakehead:

I hope his cell phone pings lead LE to him. I'm praying to Hassani to help LE lead them to him today.

I hope I'm making sense....with FMS one suffers from fibro fog when they have just woke up from a restless half sleep of a few hrs. :wink:

:praying: that today they find Hassani & bring him home!

One way or another....find him!!! I can't even begin to imagine another family going months-years not knowing where there loved one is at.

Thanks for your post, Angel Who Cares. I'm sorry about your fibromyalgia, and hope it will ease up and go away for you.
You do make sense,despite feeling foggy!

I guess I don't understand why he didn't close the trunk but maybe it's inconsequential.

My mind keeps going around and around with this; if the baby was in a stroller then why couldn't Hasanni walk along beside them, since, according to LR, he can walk alright?
I hope that Hasanni will be found soon, too. Poor little guy.

Missing boy's dad disputes reports
Published: Aug. 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM
<snipped>
The foster father of a missing 5-year-old boy says some media accounts of the handicapped Oakland, Calif., child's disappearance are wrong.

Louis Ross, 38, told CNN Friday that contrary to some reports, he never went inside a shoe store during the last time Hassani Campbell was seen alive in the store's parking lot. The boy, who has cerebral palsy, has been the subject of an intense search since his Monday disappearance.

The Oakland Tribune reported Friday that Ross has told police he left the boy alone when he went into a shoe store to drop off Hassani's 1-year-old sister. Jennifer Campbell, Ross's fiancee and the boy's biological aunt who has custody, works as a manager at the store, the newspaper said.

On the CNN show, Ross said he never went into the shoe store but only to the front of the business to motion to Campbell that he had arrived.

Ross told the U.S. broadcaster he voluntarily took a polygraph test. Those test results have not been disclosed.

Areas of southern Alameda County were to be searched for signs of Hassani Saturday by law enforcement agents, including FBI, police and sheriff's deputies, the Tribune said.

Article:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/08/15/Missing-boys-dad-disputes-reports/UPI-21301250346248/

He said he was running late. Where/when did we learn that he was an hour early ? Whoa....if he SAID he was running late, but he was really early, that leaves me scratching my head, too, as far as his believability. So many things just don't add up....
Also, others have mentioned this, too: He didn't have time (even though he was early?) to stop and call to tell Jennifer he was on the way, but he was parked when he got in back of the store, why not call from there?
I'd love to see a time line of his day.

BBM -- LR said himself, for one story, that he left early for a meeting/appt

So, we have LR claiming he was early for a meeting/appt. We also have him saying he was running late - which is why he didn't call first. THEN we have him saying this was normal routine, did this every Wed and Fri (I think those were the days)

- IF this were normal routine, wouldn't JC already have the door unlocked because she knew they'd be there around that time?

- WHY would LR take the time to walk all the way around that building instead of calling from the parking lot?

Also have to add, I don't think LE would drive LR around "retracing his steps" if they really felt Hassani disappeared from the shoe store.

And who gets laid off from work and continues to drive a BMW? Logic would tell me to sell it & get a couple decent used vehicles for both to use. (not to mention recently buying a 4 bedroom home- unless they had money from 2 individual homes that they put together, I guess) Note: that new bedroom for Hassani was because they recently moved into the home, so that statement is understandable.

Your post respectfully snipped.

IIRC, they had been living in the home 6-8 months. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Another thing I noticed --

LR said:

- "I ultimately pulled in the parking lot"
- "Like normal routine, I pulled into the parking lot"
- "Hassani unbuckled his seatbelt, as this was normal routine"

Does this speak remind anyone else of a certain family and their speak?

Thanks Columbo! What sleep I did get, my mind was racing & dreaming, about all of the theories of what happened to little Hassani.
It just dosen't add up to not walk with both to the front of the store. He said Hassani had already taken his seat belt off & he walked around to open his door. That Hassain would wait at the back door. Most any 5-yr old would insist on walking with the adult to the front of the store. This is from my experience of having 2 grandkids & 21 neices & nephews! JMHO

I'm glad you understood my post. :biggrin:

ITA YellowSubmarine that why would LE be making him re-trace his steps & take him back to the junk yard etc. They know he is not telling the truth. They wouldn't be searching in the park today....cell pings must be leading them there. JMHO

O/T: I wish fibromyalgia would go away for all that suffer with it, but at this time there is no cure & is a chronic painful muscle disorder. Only many meds that help mask some of the pain....I wish I knew what life was without pain. I've had it over 30yrs now along with many other chronic issues....OA, chronic fatique, carpal tunnel, chronic pain syndrome etc. etc. etc. I could write a book if my hands would let me. As a graphic designer it drives me crazy, but I still do as much free-lance work when I can handle it.

Police: Campbell's Foster Father Cooperating
Saturday, 15 August 2009 9:40AM
<snipped>
The foster father of a missing 5-year-old boy from Fremont spent an hour talking to the police on Friday.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Louis Ross agreed to show police officials the Hayward auto wrecking yard where he took Hassanni Campbell on the afternoon he disappeared.

Ross said he was looking for a part for his car Monday afternoon when he visited the lot with Campbell and his 1-year-old sister.

He said that later that afternoon Campbell went missing after he was left alone outside a shoe store on College Avenue in Oakland where his mom was working.

The paper reports that 38-year-old Ross is cooperating with police, taking a polygraph test and submitting to interviews.

Police have searched the wrecking yard and a park near the family's home and say they still consider this a missing person's case.

Article:
http://www.kcbs.com/Police--Campbell-s-Foster-Father-Cooperating/5013196

BBM -- LR said himself, for one story, that he left early for a meeting/appt

So, we have LR claiming he was early for a meeting/appt. We also have him saying he was running late - which is why he didn't call first. THEN we have him saying this was normal routine, did this every Wed and Fri (I think those were the days)

- IF this were normal routine, wouldn't JC already have the door unlocked because she knew they'd be there around that time?

- WHY would LR take the time to walk all the way around that building instead of calling from the parking lot?

Also have to add, I don't think LE would drive LR around "retracing his steps" if they really felt Hassani disappeared from the shoe store.
bolded by me

Good point, I don't think they would, either.
In fact, all good points--it never occurred to me that JC should have had the back door unlocked, knowing they were arriving momentarily. IF it were normal routine and that's a big IF.

SuziQ It was said they have had the 2 children for the last 9 months. IIRC His stories just dosen't add up to me at all!

Yellowsubmarine I caught that too! normal routine.....does anyone else hear the echo's of KC???? :wink:

SuziQ It was said they have had the 2 children for the last 9 months. IIRC His stories just dosen't add up to me at all!

Yellowsubmarine I caught that too! normal routine.....does anyone else hear the echo's of KC???? :wink:

Lol, I was thinking of George and the last time he saw the girls walk out the door.

Bold mine.

Keep in mind that I am praying that Ross is innocent of this, but we should remember that he is a relatively "new" Dad...only has been one for what, 8-9 months. Plus he is a man...maybe a mom would not leave her 5 yr old that far away, but he is:

1. A man-thinking process is different from a woman
2. Running late for his class, etc.
3. Thinks he is in a relatively safe area of town
4. New to being a parent, and maybe too trusting or not as cynical as someone who has been parenting for the full five years of Hassini's life.

So maybe, in his haste, to get to class, he thought he could run to the front door of the shoe store, tell Jennifer to open the back door to let Hassini in and then hurry around back again, and he thought Hassani would be ok for that 5 minutes that that took.

JMO
--
Hi

I drop in to check on the status of Hassini a couple of times a day but have not delved into the nitty gritty details. Is there a sketch or map showing how far the back alley (where he parked the car and supposedly left Hassani) to the front door of the store? I keep thinking about how long 5 minutes really is when you are in a hurry and walking quickly. You can really cover some ground walking quickly in five minutes. If there is a sketch or map showing his route please point me in the right direction or link me please and I do thank you in advance. I'm wondering if it was a city block from the back of the store to the front door or just around a corner from the entrance to the alley.

Oh no. Hasanni was seen crying in the car at the scrap yard? I bet this is the last time anyone saw him alive.....
Back to the car parked in back of the shoe store: Does anyone know why LR left the trunk open? That makes no sense to me, either.

Hi Columbo - A thought...an open trunk blocks the back window making it difficult to see who is in the car. That way one avoids contradictions that Hasanni was in the car or not. jmo or as many say, a stroller.

Wonder if he was leasing the Beamer?

Unless Ross or Jennifer took an insurance policy out on Hasanni, I can't think of a motive - can anyone else? I'm sure LE will find this child, since I'm not familiar at all with the area, it's difficult to say where Ross would have put him. mho

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

It looks like a fair distance from the alley. There are two stores from the corner of Harwood and College before you get to Shuz. Plus the length of the building to get back to the alley. Too far to leave a littleone...

Here is a great little map showing the area where Ross lost the child. Supposedly there was a pedophile lurking around, waiting for Ross' car with Hassani in it. Ross was both, an hour early and an hour late. If anyone figures out how a pedophile could have grabbed a child and walked away unseen, please tell me. TIA

Hi Columbo - A thought...an open trunk blocks the back window making it difficult to see who is in the car. That way one avoids contradictions that Hasanni was in the car or not. jmo or as many say, a stroller.

Wonder if he was leasing the Beamer?

Unless Ross or Jennifer took an insurance policy out on Hasanni, I can't think of a motive - can anyone else? I'm sure LE will find this child, since I'm not familiar at all with the area, it's difficult to say where Ross would have put him. mho

BBM

OMG--I had this same thought!

If LR did murder Hasanni, maybe there was no motive, just frustration and aggravation at not having a job (?I'm assuming); and having to deal with crying kids, and Hasanni's disability. Anger that he unleashed on Hasanni when he acted up or disobeyed?

Off Topic post warning:

Can someone take the time to explain something to me about LWR? I would appreciate it because I can't get my mind wrapped around it...it's off topic to what may have happened to Hassani.

I had seen it mentioned in this thread that LWR was a computer guy. I was searching for any information on him and had a hard time finding him on the internet. I did stumble across a resume posted to a site back in 2005 and it was submitted by someone with the same name of LWR, with the exception of a III being added. If this is the one and the same LWR, then the resume looks at first glance to be quite impressive.

However, if this is him...why in the world would he be taking a course in Medical Assisting? Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that career choice but it seems an odd career choice for someone that has extensive computer experience and who lives in a very nice home and who drives a BMW. Med. Assnt's don't make the kind of money that would be needed as a breadwinner to support that lifestyle. KWIM?

Also the fact that I had to dig for ages to find him in any databases is odd (unless it's just me and I'm being a dingleberry when I search). Those databases are compiled from info ranging from: ever having utilities in your name, major purchases, CC info...etc....What's up with that?

Off Topic post warning:

Can someone take the time to explain something to me about LWR? I would appreciate it because I can't get my mind wrapped around it...it's off topic to what may have happened to Hassani.

I had seen it mentioned in this thread that LWR was a computer guy. I was searching for any information on him and had a hard time finding him on the internet. I did stumble across a resume posted to a site back in 2005 and it was submitted by someone with the same name of LWR, with the exception of a III being added. If this is the one and the same LWR, then the resume looks at first glance to be quite impressive.

However, if this is him...why in the world would he be taking a course in Medical Assisting? Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that career choice but it seems an odd career choice for someone that has extensive computer experience and who lives in a very nice home and who drives a BMW. Med. Assnt's don't make the kind of money that would be needed as a breadwinner to support that lifestyle. KWIM?

Also the fact that I had to dig for ages to find him in any databases is odd (unless it's just me and I'm being a dingleberry when I search). Those databases are compiled from info ranging from: ever having utilities in your name, major purchases, CC info...etc....What's up with that?

I could be way behind in my info, here--I haven't read every single article, but I don't remember him saying specifically that he was in computers...just that he was a "consultant" which is a pretty broad field.

I don't know why he isn't showing up in any databases. That is weird. I just checked Zabasearch and found Louis W. Ross in San Mateo (no age). Then I checked ussearch.com and found Louis W. Ross, age 38, in Fremont:
http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/preview/peoplesearch.do
His name is not that unusual so this may not be him, either.

I think you can look up Alameda County Assessor and see info about the property they own, but it probably wouldn't help anything re this case.
I sure wonder how they could afford to buy that house, at that price! And maintain it, with her working at a shoe store....

Kat ITA with you...I have searched & searched for anything on-line about him. You would expect to find something from being in school, like a report, resumes. on-line social networking. For a PC guy it dosen't add up at all. When I googled my family last name I was shocked how many things that I found. From donating blood to honor roll at school etc. etc.

the same goes with JC...I keep searching & searching for any info & keep hitting dead ends! :banghead:

I won't give up on either....to aide our astrologers to enable them to help find Hassani.

Thanks Columbo and Angel, I was glad to see I'm not the only one that smells something off here. I'll keep rooting around until I figure out why I can't find him, and put this uneasiness I have about him to rest. As of right now, sumpin' stinks...JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni