2010.07.02 Actual Emergency Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand......well....one out of many things I don't understand is this.

JB is NOT DP qualified. THis was a hearing regarding defense expert witnesses reviewing evidence and the manner in which they would do so. Would that not require the attendance of DP qualified counsel?

Perhaps a JD could weigh in?????

What I don't understand......well....one out of many things I don't understand is this.

JB is NOT DP qualified. THis was a hearing regarding defense expert witnesses reviewing evidence and the manner in which they would do so. Would that not require the attendance of DP qualified counsel?

Perhaps a JD could weigh in?????

Sleuther, I am not a lawyer, but I am very, very concerned about this as well. I do not think we will see a second hearing where there is no DP qualified lawyer holding his hand. In the trial, he may not even be permitted to sit at the defense table because he is not qualified. The hearings will have to be scheduled when Cheney can be there. Clearly there is too much at stake to have the B team pinch hit. I know the judge was keenly aware that Baez was in over his head.

I take Dr. Glass as entertainment, the way I read a fortune cookie at my favorite Chinese restaurant, for a giggle but not serious.

:waitasec: not sure i want to know about her bra

I know! My first reaction to him saying that was, Casey ordered a bra? Gee, no one knew that before now, thanks Baez for that gem! And then I went, Why the hell does he think anybody cares about that?

I'm starting to think he was just born tactless and clueless. I can't come up for any other reason that he thinks he saying something important when all he's doing is embarrassing himself and Casey. Then again, at least he hasn't referenced sex toys yet. Please, God, don't ever let him go there!

By the power of Greyskull!
he-man.jpg

I knew I loved you Reagan :blowkiss:

OMG!!!!!!!! I am DYING from laughter here because you and Reagan! Everytime I see Cindy now, I'm going to be thinking of He-man and that phrase! ROFL!!!!

Speaking of that..

What's up with Cindy's 'He-Man master of the universe' hair cut? I almost liked her other hair cut earlier on. Keyword being 'almost'.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Snorted on my popcorn on that one I did!!! Hehehehe!!!

Gosh, I hate to be mean & laugh, but you PEGGED it!!

sadly no one in that family has the guts to stick up for caylee, not even the ones who think she's guilty like cindy's brother.

In Rick's defense, he doesn't live in Florida, does he? I would think it would be difficult for him to attend hearings when he lives out-of-state.

When the lawyers went up for a side bar, if you turn your volume way up, you can hear Jose saying something about the Sheriff's department had her shackled in ways she wasn't supposed to be, something to that effect. That is why she seemed to be dragging her feet.

In Rick's defense, he doesn't live in Florida, does he? I would think it would be difficult for him to attend hearings when he lives out-of-state.

Rick lives in SC (South Carolina). Shirley lives in Florida but with her health and age it would not be easy for her to travel for the hearings. I give them both a pass. I would imagine that Rick would love to be there for Caylee if he could. Rick made it very clear to Cindy that Casey was pretty much a waste of space. He also has been "booted" from the family by Cindy. Shirley was also told that if she wanted to continue having a relationship with Cindy and her family that anything bad about Casey was "off limits".

Dr. Lillian Glass regarding the hearing yesterday.

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/

I find a lot of what Dr. Glass has to say about body language interesting, but on the other hand, I just can't buy into anything she has to say about speech, especially written, when her own grammar and spelling is atrocious. I was not able to finish this article because it was grating on my nerves so badly.

I'm not trying to be the English police. I have waded through the same in letters, posts, and especially the Satsuma bunch without a complaint, but IMO, this woman is putting herself out as a professional, and this is supposed to be a professional article, and so YEAH, I do expect better.

sadly no one in that family has the guts to stick up for caylee, not even the ones who think she's guilty like cindy's brother.

I think it's more that they know Casey is going down, and don't feel like they have to get involved nor do they want to. It's a big mess, they'd have to deal with Cindy's wrath, and they know from past experience that getting involved does nothing to solve or resolve Casey's problems. They're probably glad that Casey is finally in LE's hands where she'll finally pay consequences that Cindy can't stop from happening or save her from.

It's easier to watch from the sidelines than become part of the this newest circus surrounding Casey. They have probably had enough of being part of Casey's lifelong circus, and are relieved that the problem of Casey is finally being taken care of by LE. They know it's making Cindy suffer, and so they feel no need to add to it at this time. It'll be enough to testify at trial against Casey when the time comes.

Folks.......discussing wheelchairs and STDs??????? How about some self editing???? Aren't we above that sort of thing?????

:blushing:mea culpae:blushing: (in plural as my thoughts need forgiveness along with my actions!)

I have an odd question: was Casey's face a bit misshapen looking at the hearing? Not that it matters, but the image of her face looking a little lopsided is bothering me. Weren't there discussions somewhere along the line of Caylee starting to get a lopsided, misshapen appearance?

I promise I'm not trying to sound harsh or criticise her looks (to the contrary, her hair looked gorgeous!).

View attachment 10026

View attachment 10027

She was sooo posing! She stuck her mouth out so much it was ridiculous!

His taking time to apparently think before he spoke only makes it worse. He referenced the Phil Specter trial in his presentation, opening it up to allow his opposing council to broach the subject of his primary expert witnesses malfeasance and prior bad acts in open court. And it just went downhill from there.
Oh...I didn't say he was good. Just better than some of his other outings. LOL

Sleuther, I am not a lawyer, but I am very, very concerned about this as well. I do not think we will see a second hearing where there is no DP qualified lawyer holding his hand. In the trial, he may not even be permitted to sit at the defense table because he is not qualified. The hearings will have to be scheduled when Cheney can be there. Clearly there is too much at stake to have the B team pinch hit. I know the judge was keenly aware that Baez was in over his head.

I take Dr. Glass as entertainment, the way I read a fortune cookie at my favorite Chinese restaurant, for a giggle but not serious.

Ahhhhhh, thankyou - I agree about Dr Glass. I thought I was flying solo on her observations - and my opinion.

About JB - yesterday I found his performance so ridiculously childlike (amongst many other things) that he scared me. Surely the professionals are scared too?

When the lawyers went up for a side bar, if you turn your volume way up, you can hear Jose saying something about the Sheriff's department had her shackled in ways she wasn't supposed to be, something to that effect. That is why she seemed to be dragging her feet.

I am listening with a headset and can make out some of the words JB is speaking .....

there was a piece of metal .... shackle that cut her skin ..... that the sheriffs dept ... tin can ... HHJP asking about sheriffs dept doing something, (can't make it out) ....HHJP tin can... JB: it was my understanding that ..... tin can .... she was in front of ...... cut ..... that the sheriffs dept couldn't get past her ..... to get it stopped.
HHJP asking if they stopped it .... JB:bleeding they (sheriffs) were about to put it back on ....(many garbled words here can't make them out) it was disgusting ....... to be seen like that.( ???) sorry ... didn't mean to be so specific, personally I find ....... (and he goes on complaining more garbled, then silence. Think someone realized the mikes were still on and they could be heard.)

Only reason I did this is I thought I heard something about her being hurt when the door was open waiting for her entrance but I also heard something between JB and someone else, I believe it was Linda about $260.00 that either was overpaid or underpaid so I was listening more to them to what was going on outside the door where ICA would have been.

Oh to have listen to JB again, and again and again. Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23