ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Is anyone willing to consider the possibility that the truth lies between these two extremes? Perhaps ZG had no real job or home or reputation to lose--but did lose her ability to use her name like a normal person. Perhaps this was Casey's fault for carelessly tossing out "real" details with no thought that LE would actually check them out (Z not-F G at Sawgrass, Jeffrey not-Michael Hopkins, secret black hole office at Universal, etc.)--but also ZG's fault for running to the media and showing her face to the world.

Perhaps we should not jump down people's throats for saying things like ZG shares essentially zero qualities in common with the fictitious ZFG or ZG was not "investigated" by LE. Casey did not, despite internet rumors, describe ZG's car, give her kids' names, or describe her tattoo. (As far as the New York license plates, I can't recall seeing that Casey said ZFG had New York plates, and I'm not sure that ZG had New York plates anyway.) Casey clearly knew nothing about this woman except (if it wasn't a coincidence) that she had been to Sawgrass. And the LE reports say nothing about investigating her, just that they called her on Day One, then visited her 2 hours later and had her write out an affidavit confirming she didn't know Casey or Caylee. See p. 15: http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/01.pdf.

Perhaps Casey is a lying evil witch who would not have CARED if she had ruined ZG's life, but ZG's life was nevertheless (1) not ruined and (2) damaged to some extent by ZG's own actions. Why can't both of these things be true?

This is a nice "Solomon" decision AZ - but still begs the question - why didn't OCA and/or her lawyer Mr. Baez, whose mug was on the media daily immediately step up and declare firmly and clearly that ZFG was NOT Zanny?

If you can answer that one I may be able to swallow your argument.

This is a nice "Solomon" decision AZ - but still begs the question - why didn't OCA and/or her lawyer Mr. Baez, whose mug was on the media daily immediately step up and declare firmly and clearly that ZFG was NOT Zanny?

I'll take your argument one step further.. Why didn't Baez step forward and tell the media immediately that Caylee drowned, and there was NO babysitter what so ever?

I'm sure to quite sure had they admitted a drowning on day 32, there would be no ZG lawsuit right now.

There was no picture of ZG on the sawgrass card, it was just a piece of paper the manager filled out.

I feel that if Z?G had not presented herself to the media as THE ZFG, even pretending to have the F in her name, and had not falsely told the media that Casey knew the names of her children and what kind of car she drove, we'd have never seen or heard of her again. It's like she ran through town waving her arms in the air screaming "look at me, look at me" and then crying because people were looking at her. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

I cannot get over the fact that Morgan's law firm named her as "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" in the legal papers. Completely inappropriate. Then they ran around to media insisting (with a careless disregard for the truth IMO) that Casey had given ZG's personal details to LE, including the names of her kids and what kind of car she drove. Even assuming that their client was confused by LE showing up and saying, e.g., "Are you the Zenaida Gonzalez whose kids are named X and Y and who drives a Chevy Whatever?" and mistakenly thought this information came from Casey, one would hope that the lawyers would have gone to the trouble of reading the source documents and seeing that Casey never gave any such details to LE. Let's assign some blame for any damage to ZG to this law firm as well. They did their best to make it look like she really DID have some connection with Casey.

So...plenty of blame to pass around (Casey, ZG, Morgan's firm, media, internet rumors) and IMO not much actual harm to ZG needing to be paid for by these blameworthy persons.

I'll take your argument one step further.. Why didn't Baez step forward and tell the media immediately that Caylee drowned, and there was NO babysitter what so ever?

I'm sure to quite sure had they admitted a drowning on day 32, there would be no ZG lawsuit right now.

Oh hey, I agree. The reason is because she HOPED people (maybe even LE) would be confused and blame this woman for kidnapping Caylee!! My point is just that (1) this did not, in fact, ruin ZG's life, despite Casey's fervent desires to the contrary, and (2) any damage to ZG's life was caused as much or more by her own and her lawyer's behaviors than by Casey's evil lies.

BBM

Boy! Ain't that the truth! It is shameful all of the people who decided that this horrific tragedy of a missing/murdered/drowned child was their meal ticket or road to success/fame. So many people who involved themselves seemingly with their main goal to be to advance their own selves. There is simply no way to describe this case, from start to now, without using the word "cluster" in it. JMO.

I know, it's unbelievable. I hope we never see anything like it again. What a horrible legacy for an innocent child - "She made so many people wealthy and famous with her tragic death....oh, what was that baby's name again?"

I blame a lot of it on the media who, in their quest for ratings, turned the horrific murder of a child into entertainment.

Hmmm. Is anyone willing to consider the possibility that the truth lies between these two extremes? Perhaps ZG had no real job or home or reputation to lose--but did lose her ability to use her name like a normal person. Perhaps this was Casey's fault for carelessly tossing out "real" details with no thought that LE would actually check them out (Z not-F G at Sawgrass, Jeffrey not-Michael Hopkins, secret black hole office at Universal, etc.)--but also ZG's fault for running to the media and showing her face to the world.

Perhaps we should not jump down people's throats for saying things like ZG shares essentially zero qualities in common with the fictitious ZFG or ZG was not "investigated" by LE. Casey did not, despite internet rumors, describe ZG's car, give her kids' names, or describe her tattoo. (As far as the New York license plates, I can't recall seeing that Casey said ZFG had New York plates, and I'm not sure that ZG had New York plates anyway.) Casey clearly knew nothing about this woman except (if it wasn't a coincidence) that she had been to Sawgrass. And the LE reports say nothing about investigating her, just that they called her on Day One, then visited her 2 hours later and had her write out an affidavit confirming she didn't know Casey or Caylee. See p. 15: http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/01.pdf.

Perhaps Casey is a lying evil witch who would not have CARED if she had ruined ZG's life, but ZG's life was nevertheless (1) not ruined and (2) damaged to some extent by ZG's own actions. Why can't both of these things be true?

Excellent post, AZ! I am sure that the truth absolutely lies somewhere in the middle. As much as I feel for ZG and any damage that she may have incurred due to KC's use of the name ZFG and Sawgrass, I have to admit that I feel she may have exacerbated the situation by going on tv talk shows and news shows. By doing so, she herself, was associating her face with the ZG from the KCA case. I realize she may have felt it was necessary to do in order to clear her name, but by the same token, it has hurt her as much as helped her. Maybe even more. I do not know. I cannot say what I would have done in the same situation, and pray that I never have to find out. I am simply still one of many who cannot stop staring at this train wreck that has happened before us. I shake my head and vow to stop, but the pull of it is as the moon to the tides. I invariably come back here to read of the latest debauchery that is this case. It is my drug of choice at the moment. And I am in dire need of an intervention.

I know, it's unbelievable. I hope we never see anything like it again. What a horrible legacy for an innocent child - "She made so many people wealthy and famous with her tragic death....oh, what was that baby's name again?"

I blame a lot of it on the media who, in their quest for ratings, turned the horrific murder of a child into entertainment.

I agree with most of your post. But, think about how crazy this story was. CA with her crazy making denials. FCA with her amazingly insane lies.
Had the A's and Baez kept it simple and quiet with polite "NO COMMENTS" to any one asking questions, this case wouldn't have been played in the media at all.

I didn't see the prosecution going to every talk show that asked.

Had Casey admitted to a drowning the day she was finally caught by her mother, there would have been little to no media coverage.
It all falls back to Casey's lies.

I cannot get over the fact that Morgan's law firm named her as "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" in the legal papers. Completely inappropriate. Then they ran around to media insisting (with a careless disregard for the truth IMO) that Casey had given ZG's personal details to LE, including the names of her kids and what kind of car she drove. Even assuming that their client was confused by LE showing up and saying, e.g., "Are you the Zenaida Gonzalez whose kids are named X and Y and who drives a Chevy Whatever?" and mistakenly thought this information came from Casey, one would hope that the lawyers would have gone to the trouble of reading the source documents and seeing that Casey never gave any such details to LE. Let's assign some blame for any damage to ZG to this law firm as well. They did their best to make it look like she really DID have some connection with Casey.

So...plenty of blame to pass around (Casey, ZG, Morgan's firm, media, internet rumors) and IMO not much actual harm to ZG needing to be paid for by these blameworthy persons.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm so glad to know that someone see's things much like I do. I was getting lonely here on this deserted island. I have to wonder what Morgan was thinking, misrepresenting ZG's name in the papers. Did they think Casey's lawyers wouldn't catch it, or that, with enough repetition, people would come to believe that really is her name? There's no way, IMO, that Morgan did not know there is no F - it smells of fraud to me.

Oh hey, I agree. The reason is because she HOPED people (maybe even LE) would be confused and blame this woman for kidnapping Caylee!! My point is just that (1) this did not, in fact, ruin ZG's life, despite Casey's fervent desires to the contrary, and (2) any damage to ZG's life was caused as much or more by her own and her lawyer's behaviors than by Casey's evil lies.

At this point you are quoting information I do not yet know to be true. I have read Greene's comments but he is as nasty as lawyer as I have ever read, so I hold little faith in his comments.

WAS there another Zenaida Gonzales that the LE investigated to the extent they looked at this person who was connected to Sawgrass? And will her face be obliterated from the memory of the public now the trial has been held and she was not brought into it? We've already seen the smearing of George and Kronk, neither of whom were complete innocents, and ZG has less of a chance now of improving her quality of life since this case that any other person - besides OCA, who doesn't deserve it anyhow.

It may in fact be enough or all that ZG will get is a public acknowledgement from OCA and probably via her lawyer since she seems to be a complete wimp at standing on her own two feet by herself, but if ZG gets that public announcement, it may be enough for both her and her lawyers.

But as court cases go, there always seems to be a financial reward attached also. Isn't that what litigation is always about?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm so glad to know that someone see's things much like I do. I was getting lonely here on this deserted island. I have to wonder what Morgan was thinking, misrepresenting ZG's name in the papers. Did they think Casey's lawyers wouldn't catch it, or that, with enough repetition, people would come to believe that really is her name? There's no way, IMO, that Morgan did not know there is no F - it smells of fraud to me.

You don't think this is a pretty freaking small point compared to what OCA pulled?

I agree with most of your post. But, think about how crazy this story was. CA with her crazy making denials. FCA with her amazingly insane lies.
Had the A's and Baez kept it simple and quiet with polite "NO COMMENTS" to any one asking questions, this case wouldn't have been played in the media at all.

I didn't see the prosecution going to every talk show that asked.

I don't think it started out as crazy as it ended up. It was originally an all too typical case of a mother who kills her own child and then told lies in an attempt to cover it up. If the public had not created even more interest by doing things like protesting at the A's home for the media attention, if jokers like Padilla had not used the case as a stepping stone to the fame he so desires, if the media hadn't sensationalized the case and made it personal rather than just reporting the facts, I believe Casey would have been assigned a public defender, would have had a speedy trial that lasted less than a week, and would be spending her remaining days in prison, where she belongs.

Sorry - edit to add. This case was nuts in the media before Baez was brought on board. It's why he took the case, again IMO.

As for Cindy, I think she's mentally ill. She can not accept that her daughter is an evil monster capable of killing her own child so her mind makes up excuses and lies so she doesn't have to face it. I think she believes her own lies because otherwise she'd lose her mind completely. I'm probably the only one left here who feels any sympathy for her, but I can live with that.

[/B]

You don't think this is a pretty freaking small point compared to what OCA pulled?

It's not a matter of comparison. I think it's huge for an attorney, a man who represents our legal system, to intentionally tell mistruths when filing a suit...just like I was appalled by the mistruths told by Baez. It has nothing to do with if what Casey did was worse. We know it was. That doesn't make Morgan right.

[/B]

IIRC, JM stated at one point that it had been a mistake putting the "F" in her name. Even so, two wrongs don't make a right. No matter what evil bile KC and the A's spewed, it doesn't clear the way for others to do the same. All of the lies and finger pointing is why this case ended the way it did. Shameful. JMO.

FCA should make this right. Write a long letter of apology to ZG for lying. She can keep it classy and say she didn't intend for anyone to get hurt by her lies. She's deeply sorry, please forgive her.

Countersuing ZG doesnt' make it better.

It seems the A's like "WINNING" at any expense. The highest expense being their integrity.

FCA should make this right. Write a long letter of apology to ZG for lying. She can keep it classy and say she didn't intend for anyone to get hurt by her lies. She's deeply sorry, please forgive her.

Countersuing ZG doesnt' make it better.

It seems the A's like "WINNING" at any expense. The highest expense being their integrity.

OCA/Baez dropped the countersuit when they found out OCA would have to testify.

(snipped)Perhaps Casey is a lying evil witch who would not have CARED if she had ruined ZG's life, but ZG's life was nevertheless (1) not ruined and (2) damaged to some extent by ZG's own actions. Why can't both of these things be true?[/QUOTE] (snipped)

Perhaps I have lost something in translation. (damaged to some extent by ZG's own actions)? She's not claiming against her own past, pre OCA's accusations. She's claiming against what OCA alleged against her. Your statement is the equivalent to saying if a rape victim has a past of being loose sexually, and she's raped, a rape couldn't have taken place. Think about it.

I don't agree with bbm part - Casey started all of this - Zenaida innocently went to look at an apartment, period.

(snipped)Perhaps Casey is a lying evil witch who would not have CARED if she had ruined ZG's life, but ZG's life was nevertheless (1) not ruined and (2) damaged to some extent by ZG's own actions. Why can't both of these things be true?
(snipped)

Perhaps I have lost something in translation. (damaged to some extent by ZG's own actions)? She's not claiming against her own past, pre OCA's accusations. She's claiming against what OCA alleged against her. Your statement is the equivalent to saying if a rape victim has a past of being loose sexually, and she's raped, a rape couldn't have taken place. Think about it.[/QUOTE]

Or that even if the rape happened it didn't actually count because this was a sexually immoral person it happened to.

Everyone needs to put themselves in ZG's shoes. Can anyone even imagine having that name in the orlando area?

I'd be soooo embarrassed using a credit card at Target!

Must be awful having your name associated with a crime. That is why siblings of infamous criminals tend to change their names.

Those of us who have followed this case will remember Caylee. Look at how many of us have been here since day 31. Many have been here daily. Caylee will not be forgotten. She is forever emblazened on the hearts and minds of too many people. Rest in peace, sweet baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10