FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching Anderson cooper right now and am in tears. Trayvon's mom says that she can hear her baby screaming for help in her head over and over. She keeps going back and forth in refererring to him in past and present tense.

Mary Cutcher is on right now...says it sounded like a young kid whining....GZ was staddling TM and had his hands on t's back......says there is no difference in what she told police then and now....police have tried to discredit her .Sabrina is now thanking MC for coming forward.

This is hard to watch but informative.

MOO wm

I can't help but wonder how Zimmerman must feel knowing that he is a pariah in not only his town or state but the entire country? I hope he never has another moment of peace in his life. I hope that Trayvon's murder haunts him forever. Lock him up now!

I am watching Anderson cooper right now and am in tears. Trayvon's mom says that she can hear her baby screaming for help in her head over and over. She keeps going back and forth in refererring to him in past and present tense.

Mary Cutcher is on right now...says it sounded like a young kid whining....GZ was staddling TM and had his hands on t's back......says there is no difference in what she told police then and now....police have tried to discredit her .Sabrina is now thanking MC for coming forward.

This is hard to watch but informative.

MOO wm

I can't even imagine how she feels. I can't get his screams out of my head either and I wish that I hadn't listened to the 911 calls. Just imagine how scared he was, knowing how close he was to where his daddy was and how he couldn't make it to him. I hope Zimmerman burns in hell for what he has done.

I think the first thing all police departments should be doing is to forbid carrying a gun during a Neighborhood Watch Program. This is suppose to be a watch and report security system not an armed guard program. If that were the case they'd be in uniform, in a marked vehicle and wearing an ID that clearly identifies them as security. There was no way GZ can claim he was on his own property, part of the security system or had any responsibility whatsoever to track down TM. He wasn't even authorized to question why TM was there, that was the job of the police. GZ had no authority whatsoever. Right now he'd probably be safer in jail until this is sorted out. jmo

question - did Trey and his parents live within this same gated community? the store he went to was outside of the gated community correct?

question - did Trey and his parents live within this same gated community? the store he went to was outside of the gated community correct?

His dad's fiancee's home where Tray was staying as a guest(with his dad and younger brother) , is in the gated community.

Tray's father's fiance lives in the gated community. They were there visiting when this happened.
Yes, he went outside the gated community, walked to 7-11 and was back headed to dad's fiance's townhome when this happened.

I've read many posts and articles referring to past scrapes with the law that GZ has had. What I can't recall is, was he ever convicted of anything? Any incidents that would show up on a criminal background check?

TIA

I think the first thing all police departments should be doing is to forbid carrying a gun during a Neighborhood Watch Program. This is suppose to be a watch and report security system not an armed guard program. If that were the case they'd be in uniform, in a marked vehicle and wearing an ID that clearly identifies them as security. There was no way GZ can claim he was on his own property, part of the security system or had any responsibility whatsoever to track down TM. He wasn't even authorized to question why TM was there, that was the job of the police. GZ had no authority whatsoever. Right now he'd probably be safer in jail until this is sorted out. jmo

He didn't carry the gun as a part of neighborhood watch. He has a concealed weapon license. It's also pretty clear to me that he knows full well its not his responsibility to track anyone down.

so did Mr. Z just patrol the streets at night? how would he even know this boy was out there walking to the store and back? I wonder how often Trey came over to this house and did he stay overnight.....

He didn't carry the gun as a part of neighborhood watch. He has a concealed weapon license. It's also pretty clear he knows full well its not his responsibility to track anyone down.

If that's the case, then why did he do it that particular night?

His family seems to be soft spoken and classy.
It would be hard to buy that Trayvon Martin was anything less than they are.

There is never a reason a young men should be suspected, followed,
and killed in this country.
We are still in the land of the free. NOBODY should be perused, unless it is clear that
they committed a crime.

A sad case indeed. :(:(:(

That poor little girl - this little girl must have been freaked out when she heard the shot.
Poor little thing had to be hospitalized.

Who acts like a self appointed watch commander.?
His neighbors say he is a great caring man with fed up issues, because,
the gated community has had a number of robberies, by black men.
The neighbor said Zimmerman would never hurt anyone, and the
gated community was interracial.
So WHY A GUN on A KID??? Has Zimmerman lost it?
He was told by the Police dispatcher " LET IT GO"

I've read many posts and articles referring to past scrapes with the law that GZ has had. What I can't recall is, was he ever convicted of anything? Any incidents that would show up on a criminal background check?

TIA

I only read about arrests but no convictions.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wJP0Q11nAk"]NAACP's Ben Jealous: Justice for Trayvon Martin Begins With Killer's Arrest, Police Chief's Ouster - YouTube[/ame]

What I just don't get is why GZ has not been charged with ANYTHING! If LE would just lock his sorry butt up it would quickly ease the tension and help to calm things a little. After all we know about what happened surely there is something they could charge him with - even if its just discharging a weapon within city limits.

Glad for the vote of no confidence on the police chief last night - a step in the right direction.

Let's hope level heads and peaceful protests continue.....an arrest would certainly help.

JMHO

TIA

He went into one diversion type program. I can't recall in relation to what crime though.

The law states that a person "who is attacked" anywhere he is lawfully present has "no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm."

Importantly, a person cannot invoke this provision if he is "engaged in unlawful activity" or "initially provokes the use of force against himself." Finally, in Florida, once self-defense becomes an issue at trial, the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did not act in self-defense -- a heavy burden.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/21/opinion/bellin-stand-your-ground-law/index.html?hpt=ju_c1

See that PD? AT TRIAL. It was not for you to decide whether GZ's defense had merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine