Is Mona Nelson of Houston TX a serial killer?

Mona Y. Nelson (Preston): DOB 03/05/66

1980-1981: Works summer jobs at Martin Luther King Center.
Left home at 15 and met future husband
May 7, 1983: Marries at 17.
July 1983: Gives birth to twins at 17.
Dropped out of school in the 11th grade (17?)
1984: Pleads guilty of fleeing scene armed robbery.
January 1985: Moves with husband to Cookville, Texas.
September 1985: (Probation officer visits the home in Cookville and finds children well).
1986: Nelson was convicted of aggravated robbery in Harris County and sentenced to 10 years on prison (pled guilty and was on 10 years' probation).
1986: Children put in foster care? (this needs to be verified).
1991: Nelson was arrested by the Border Patrol at a checkpoint in Kenedy County for attempting to smuggle five illegal aliens from Mexico.
1991: Probation revoked and sent to prison (?? how long ??)
1997: Nelson was convicted of theft by check in Daingerfield. That same year, she was also found guilty of theft in Mount Vernon, and served 30 days in jail.
June 1997: Boxing match in NY
1998: Nelson was arrested for operating a stolen vehicle.
2001: Nelson pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana and served 29 days of a 30-day sentence
July 2003: Tazwell County, Illinois with some sort of Code 3-112 violation.
2002: Nelson was convicted of possession of marijuana in Collin County.
February 2003: Boxing match in Oklahoma
2004: Nelson was convicted of making a terroristic threat in Mount Vernon, TX.
April 2004: Boxing match in Kansas.
2005: Nelson was convicted of criminal mischief in Mount Vernon, TX.
November 2006: Boxing match in Louisiana.
2006: Nelson was arrested on a battery charge in St. Charles Parish, La.
2008: Nelson was arrested on a charge of assault on adult daughter in Mount Pleasant.
2010: Murders Jonathan.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/police-12-yr-old-houston-boy-s-killer-a-soulless-murderer-showed-no-remorse

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=62112&cat=boxer

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=561178

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26319669/detail.html

Here is a comparison of MN vs the sketch of the "man" that murdered the people in February 2008 in Illinois in the Lane Bryant store. I also found evidence that MN was in Tazwell County Illinois with some sort of Code 3-112 violation from July 12, 2003. From what I can determine, Code 3-112 is some sort of "Failure to transfer license" violation when a vehicle is sold. This Mona Y. Nelson on the other thumbnail I am attaching has the same birthday (3/5/66) and had a Texas drivers license at the time of the charge in Illinois, and interestingly enough, was documented on this Illinois document as being a "Male".

Attachments

• Lane Bryant vs Mona Nelson.bmp
    567.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Mona Y Nelson Illinois Code 3_112 Violation 7_12_03.bmp
    838.4 KB · Views: 46
Just wanted to say again -- be very careful to make sure you have the right Mona Nelson. I ran across at least one reference to another woman with the same first and last name and very similar appearance (possibly a relative) who lives in the Mt. Pleasant area. She's a few years younger, so you can tell them apart by birth date.

Here is a comparison of MN vs the sketch of the "man" that murdered the people in February 2008 in Illinois in the Lane Bryant store. I also found evidence that MN was in Tazwell County Illinois with some sort of Code 3-112 violation from July 12, 2003. From what I can determine, Code 3-112 is some sort of "Failure to transfer license" violation when a vehicle is sold. This Mona Y. Nelson on the other thumbnail I am attaching has the same birthday (3/5/66) and had a Texas drivers license at the time of the charge in Illinois, and interestingly enough, was documented on this Illinois document as being a "Male".

So she can fool people as to M/F.............

Questions and observations:
1. She seemed to start off okay (working summer jobs at a young age), but then something happened that made her leave home. What was it?
2. She met her soon to be husband. His father was a SO, so was the husband possibly abusive toward MN and/or the kids?
3. Where did her kids and husband live? She was arrested for the armed robbery charge when the twins were about 1 year old. Who was watching the kids? Was she running the streets?
4. I bet she learned to box in prison. After she was released from prison is when the boxing career started.
5. In 2006 is when it seems her violent episodes escalated - up to the point that she assaulted her very own daughter. I wonder who she assaulted in Saint Charles? Who was that victim?
6. The Houston and Dallas areas are where she commits most of her crimes. It seems she feels more comfortable taking risks in these 2 cities.

Ok so there is a Detroit, IL. Do we know for sure if it would be Detroit , MI or Detroit ,IL she would have been speaking about where she did some boxing ?
IL would be alot closer....

ETA: LOL I think I answered my own questioned. Detroit, IL had a population of 93 as of 2000! LMAO :) I dont think Il is right

My eyes are crossed.....Houston is homicide heaven. If you live there MOVE. lol.

i live here....but on the west side in katy suburb...i consider it fairly safe though i do have 2 rso's in my subdivision, they do a good job of keeping to themselves...

At the top of the 2007 Mugshot it says Titus County. However on the 2008 mug shot there is no location.

It's Mount Pleasant, so I'm guessing the assault on her daughter in 2007 or was it in 2008? I'm confused.

ETA: The picture where she is wearing white? That's her picture from prison. She lost a LOT of weight (and is quite smiley).

It's Mount Pleasant, so I'm guessing the assault on her daughter in 2007 or was it in 2008? I'm confused.

ETA: The picture where she is wearing white? That's her picture from prison. She lost a LOT of weight (and is quite smiley).

I noticed the prison pic...how odd that she looks happier in it than most of the other pics I have seen of her. Of course maybe it was release day...:waitasec:

Very interesting.

Merged with TexasLil's timeline up thread:

Mona Y. Nelson (Preston): DOB 03/05/66

1980-1981: Works summer jobs at Martin Luther King Center.
Left home at 15 and met future husband
May 7, 1983: Marries at 17.
July 1983: Gives birth to twins at 17.
Dropped out of school in the 11th grade (17?)
November 12, 1984: Pleads guilty of fleeing scene armed robbery.
January 1985: Moves with husband to Cookville, Texas.
September 1985: (Probation officer visits the home in Cookville and finds children well).
January 17, 1986: Harris County - Sentenced. Nelson was convicted of aggravated robbery in Harris County and sentenced to 10 years on prison (pled guilty and was on 10 years' probation).
1986: Children put in foster care? (this needs to be verified).
June 15, 1989: Titus County - Assault Charges Filed
June 11, 1991: Harris County - Placed in Jail - Prob. Viol
June 20, 1991: Nelson was arrested by the Border Patrol at a checkpoint in Kenedy County for attempting to smuggle five illegal aliens from Mexico.
September 11, 1991: Probation revoked and sent to TDJC to serve prison sentence (3yrs approx).
May 29, 1996: Titus County - Assault Charges Filed
June 7, 1996: Morris County - Arrested per Titus Co. assault case notes but released
April 4, 1997: Titus County - posted bond
May 7, 1997: Titus County - Theft by Check Charges. Nelson was convicted of theft by check in Daingerfield.
June 3, 1997: Omaha? - Arrested per Titus Co. Assault Case notes
June 21, 1997: Boxing match in NY
August 13, 1997: Titus County - Entered Not Guilty Plea
August 20, 1997: Morris County - Transferred here per Titus County notes
1998: Nelson was arrested for operating a stolen vehicle.
August 4, 1999 Hopkins County - Parole Violation
2001: Nelson pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana and served 29 days of a 30-day sentence
2002: Nelson was convicted of possession of marijuana in Collin County.
February 18, 2003: Boxing match in Oklahoma
July 2003: Tazwell County, Illinois with some sort of Code 3-112 violation.
2004: Nelson was convicted of making a terroristic threat in Mount Vernon, TX.
April 23, 2004: Boxing match in Kansas.
2005: Nelson was convicted of criminal mischief in Mount Vernon, TX.
November 18, 2006: Boxing match in Louisiana.
2006: Nelson was arrested on a battery charge in St. Charles Parish, La.
2008: Nelson was arrested on a charge of assault on adult daughter in Mount Pleasant.
2010: Murders Jonathan.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/police-12-yr-old-houston-boy-s-killer-a-soulless-murderer-showed-no-remorse

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=62112&cat=boxer

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=561178

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26319669/detail.html

http://www.tituscountyonline.net/cou...rk/index.faces
http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/edocs/public/search.aspx

Another observation: On her FB page, she talks about her daughter. I did not see any references to her son. Has anyone combed through her Myspace? Did she talk about him at all?

I wonder if something in Jonathan made her think of her son - or if it could be somehow related in some way? Her son would have been 12 when she was in prison.

Another observation: On her FB page, she talks about her daughter. I did not see any references to her son. Has anyone combed through her Myspace? Did she talk about him at all?

I wonder if something in Jonathan made her think of her son - or if it could be somehow related in some way? Her son would have been 12 when she was in prison.

Now that makes my ears poke up......do we know if he is still alive?

Respectfully the charges in Mount Vernon, were Texas not Va. so I also have to question the Chicago info...(snipped)...

BBM

Thank you... Mt Vernon (as in GW's home) is just down the road from us, literally a few miles. I'm really glad that MYN has (hopefully) not been near us... And now I will stop searching the Va and Ffax County criminal records, as well as the Washington Post, inserting her name in every which way, trying to find it.... :eek:

So thank you again for the clarification!

Now that makes my ears poke up......do we know if he is still alive?

Not sure. The twins were 3 months premature. There is a reference in the timeline, however, that the caseworker went to Cookville, Texas to check on the children...so there's that.

Not sure. The twins were 3 months premature. There is a reference in the timeline, however, that the caseworker went to Cookville, Texas to check on the children...so there's that.

When I was looking in Radaris last night, both children showed up -- I think it said they were 27 now.

When I was looking in Radaris last night, both children showed up -- I think it said they were 27 now.

Thank You, I figured that would have made it tooooooo easy........

ETA: Hold on........if the were born in 83', wouldn't they be 27? Or has the birth year been reported wrong?

ETA2: I AM NOT SLEUTHING THE TWINS......just trying to get DOB to see if any unknown's are on that date. TIA.

Hi, I just wanted to pop in and say that I spent a lot of time researching the Lane Bryant murders for a story on my website, True Crime Diary, and I distinctly recall that there was a lot of speculation about the gender of the suspect --- I can't recall if it was members of the investigative team per se but I know the issue of whether or not to limit the gender to "man" was raised...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back