Is Mona Nelson of Houston TX a serial killer?

When I was looking in Radaris last night, both children showed up -- I think it said they were 23 now.

PeopleSearch has the kids as 27 if you search under her name. It also has a 77 and 56 year old men listed as "relatives". Not sure who they are. Is there a comprehensive timeline of where she has lived, periods of time when she was known to be out of town at boxing matches, etc??

PeopleSearch has the kids as 27 if you search under her name. It also has a 77 and 56 year old men listed as "relatives". Not sure who they are. Is there a comprehensive timeline of where she has lived, periods of time when she was known to be out of town at boxing matches, etc??

I've only found 4 boxing matches, there should be a heck of a lot more....

ETA:

11/18/2006 @ Cut Off Youth Center, Cut Off, La.

(*Interestingly enough she had a battery charge in St. Charles La. the same year.)

4/23/2004 @ Radisson Hotel, Wichita, Kansas

2/18/2003 @AMC Flea Market, Oklahoma City, Ok.

6/21/1997 @ Onondaga A.C., Syracuse, New York

Thank You, I figured that would have made it tooooooo easy........

ETA: Hold on........if the were born in 83', wouldn't they be 27? Or has the birth year been reported wrong?

ETA2: I AM NOT SLEUTHING THE TWINS......just trying to get DOB to see if any unknown's are on that date. TIA.

Let me go check...

Yes, 27. I'll fix the first post.

That article with her biography lists the 77-year-old as her father-in-law.

Yes, 27. I gotta be more careful about triple-checking my dyslexia.

How could a 'grandmother' do such a thing to a child????
She has 5.............wonder if she ever sees them?

Yes, thank you, don't want any more misinformation than necessary out there.

Is she still married to Nelson?

MSN has him as "Ex-Husband" fwiw, but I have not tried to track that down myself.

Looks like the ex-husband, the FIL, and the kids stayed in Cookville. Someone in a thread a while back had shown where MN was being sued for parental support $$ or something to that effect? I just wonder if dad kept some kind of custody or what.

Look up thread a bit.

Another observation: On her FB page, she talks about her daughter. I did not see any references to her son. Has anyone combed through her Myspace? Did she talk about him at all?

I wonder if something in Jonathan made her think of her son - or if it could be somehow related in some way? Her son would have been 12 when she was in prison.

I think maybe something about men/males is a trigger. Someone mentioned possible childhood sexual abuse or trauma that caused her to hate men.
If indeed she killed JF.

As far as passing for a man, and the LB killer having a man's voice - women in boxing have been known to dabble in steroids (I know, you're shocked!). and steroids can definitely lower a woman's voice an octave.

Hi, I just wanted to pop in and say that I spent a lot of time researching the Lane Bryant murders for a story on my website, True Crime Diary, and I distinctly recall that there was a lot of speculation about the gender of the suspect --- I can't recall if it was members of the investigative team per se but I know the issue of whether or not to limit the gender to "man" was raised...

This is just uncanny to be a coincidence. The suspect drawing looks like her.

I think maybe something about men/males is a trigger. Someone mentioned possible childhood sexual abuse or trauma that caused her to hate men.
If indeed she killed JF.

I agree. Something happened in her home that caused her to leave at 15. And apparently no adult stopped her either, which is strange. Then, she marries a man whose father is an registered SO.

She seemed to look forward to seeing her ?grandson? on her FB page. I don't think male babies and children triggered her, but perhaps those entering in to teen/adult years might. Who knows.

I'm just grateful she didn't have much contact with her kids when they were younger and in their teens.

Anyone found anything putting her around Clifton Park, New York in 88-89?

Anyone found anything putting her around Clifton Park, New York in 88-89?

We can look, but it would have to be a brief visit. She was on probation for 10 years, which included those years. She would have had to see her PO every month. Most probation agreements include the fact that you cannot leave the county unless it is approved by your PO. Of course, it looks like she didn't care about that too much or her PO's didn't...

If indeed she killed JF.

The Lane Bryant victims were all women, though, if in fact that was MN. They think it was a robbery gone awry. I think we need to know more about who her other victims might have been before we can say too much about the why.

We can look, but it would have to be a brief visit. She was on probation for 10 years, which included those years. She would have had to see her PO every month. Most probation agreements include the fact that you cannot leave the county unless it is approved by your PO. Of course, it looks like she didn't care about that too much or her PO's didn't...

lol, yeah I'm thinking Mona probably didn't worry to much about her probation terms. And I'm thinking quick trips, like to boxing matches, would be a perfect opportunity to kill.

If indeed she killed JF.

I think it is safe to conclude that something happened to her. Maybe by someone else when she was younger and then perhaps the FIL charge or knowledge threw her over the edge.

statement:

Nelson said she'd been living in Cookville in East Texas since January 1985, in a house owned by her father-in-law, Clyde Nelson, a sex offender who was sentenced to 30 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl in August 1985.
Source: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back