ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could LE have logged into his account to gather information?

Yes, and LRM also could have logged onto his account to DELETE some things.

It says 3:48 pm in the afternoon was the last logon time, on Monday, May 28th.

At what time would LE have connected Lin's torso, hand and foot to Lin? Would they have really been able to get online to his account that quickly?

Now that I think about it some more, it could very well have been LRM accessing Lin's account.

That is something that should be sent to LE, I think.

What do you guys think? LE has so much, they may not know about that account? There may be things that could be recovered from that account, if things were deleted by LRM.

people should lay off the tipster.. yea hes asking for money and it looks bad, but non of you know his financial situation.. what if hes close to loosing his house and business? internet cafes arent exactly lucritive.. in a struggling economy..

personally it wouldnt be my choice of actions, but its not worthy of getting worked up about.. the media pays people for exclusive content ALL the time

One of the groups on facebook were offering a $5000 reward to the person who helped catch LM. There was a post on there the other day saying they were having a meeting regarding rewarding the money to the employee at the cafe.

I dont think he should get a penny now...

Someone mentioned that he might have been using a software like Hootsuite to schedule his upcoming posts and manage his fake accounts. This might be possible if LRM actually posted the craigslist ad in Paris where the person was looking for someone to pay a 80$ fee for advertisement, maybe it was to pay for this tool.

Quoting myself :what: to add - I was just highly set off the other day by that one article that was posted, which went through some of Jun Lin's social media postings and used them to say he had a "dark side" (when really, it showed nothing of the sort). I'm afraid that with looking into the victim's activities online, we will continue to get that sort of thing, KWIM?

Anyway, that's all I'll say, like I said, it's not my call, but wanted to say it makes me uneasy.

I know you responded a long time ago, but I just got back to the computer...I agree with you, because that type of thing is intentionally trying to make him look bad, and it's just sensationalism.

The website information is different, because no one is trying to spin it...it is what it is, nothing more nothing less. I only find it relevant because Luka couldn't keep himself offline, even to preserve his freedom, and it's where he likely met Jun and if there are other victims...he probably met them there too.

Not really trying to argue with you at all, just making it clear why I find t relevant. The last thing I want to see is Jun's name dragged through the mud. The poor guy and his family have been through enough.

That probably has to do with the student protests. :banghead:

If so ~n/t~, they've proven to the world tuition isn't high enough in Quebec and we have concrete evidence as to why higher education should be limited to the best and brightest and not just any clown who can bang a pot at 20:00h.

The protest isn't getting any coverage anymore I noticed. (Merci dieu!)

Myself, I'm not a fan of online hookups/dating; it is so much easier to randomly meet new people out and about (with no prior online meeting) because when you just meet someone at random and say hi, you already know what the person actually looks like and if they seem cool which is not so much the case with online encounters...

I've test driven the apps to see how they work and, more specifically, how accurate they are (when sitting 5 feet away from a friend on the same app, the app said we were 12 miles apart)... But never actually made a profile or communicated with anyone on those apps.

If I were single I wouldn't use them because they seem to be magnets for freaks like MR Magnotta :moo:

holly moley! All the nuts and whackadoodles are crawling out of the woodwork! (re: plastic foot and baking soda)

Sadly, the world is full of people who watch that video, and other videos that are even worse, for some sort of titillation, but they are not on this website. I have watched it because I don't take the word of other people about anything. I am the type of person that makes up my own mind about things because everyone views things from their own perspective, and people are good at over or under exaggerating things. This video was not over exaggerated, and is without a doubt one of the worse things I have ever seen. I have barely slept since this case started. I think it is VERY valid to try and figure out what kind of dog it was. Where did he get it to start with? Where is the dog now?? The dog is part of the evidence, and I don't see that discussing it and trying to figure it out is nitpicking it. Cudo's to the Facebook group that nitpicked over the kitten videos for the last two years! I sure wish someone had listened to them. LE wants to have the video taken down from the Bestgore website, and I certainly have no issues with that. I think it is delusional to think that removing it from that one website will make it go away. One of the things I hate, hate, hate the most about what happened to Jun Lin and the kittens is that they will forever be victimized by those videos because they will always be someplace on the internet. We have a long, long, way to go in this case, and sadly, I don't think we have seen the end of what LM placed out into the world. Glad you are here with us at WS's - you obviously care. :twocents:

Removing the video will only cause it to become more widespread, study the Streisand effect for the reasons why that is.

Streisand effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Every time something like this happens there is a segment of society that immediately wants to ban things and give the government power to create more laws and crack down on our freedom. It is the very same reactionary behavior that allowed Stalin and Hitler, among others, to accomplish what they did, tyrants love to take advantage of the fear and insecurity of the people they have power over and this case is no different, those who have a desire to censor the internet and take away more of our freedom will use this case to further their perverted agenda.

Decisions about matters such as banning websites and making certain things illegal should not be made until long after events like this after people have settled down and gotten their heads about them.

Further, in the words of the great Ben Franklin:

They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I personally do not like gore sites but there is something I hate even more, people telling me what parts of reality I can and cannot see.

That video, while digusting beyond measure, is an unfortunate part of the reality we live in, to stick your head in the sand and deny its existence is the ultimate insult to the victim.

If so ~n/t~, they've proven to the world tuition isn't high enough in Quebec and we have concrete evidence as to why higher education should be limited to the best and brightest and not just any clown who can bang a pot at 20:00h.

The protest isn't getting any coverage anymore I noticed. (Merci dieu!)

It's getting coverage here and they're threatening to disrupt the F1 events this weekend. They had to cancel the opening events last Thursday (IIRC).

Me = Fed up with these punks!

I'm somewhat disgusted that this question would be asked in a news conference.

Note: We don't know who asked the question at the news conference and given Xtra!'s track record of excellent reporting on this case I'd be surprised if Justin asked that question.

That was more sarcasm right? X-tra is great for what it is but a highly respected news source it isn't. It's a question I'd expect his readers might be very interested in having the answer to actually.

Myself, I'm not a fan of online hookups/dating; it is so much easier to randomly meet new people out and about (with no prior online meeting) because when you just meet someone at random and say hi, you already know what the person actually looks like and if they seem cool which is not so much the case with online encounters...

I've test driven the apps to see how they work and, more specifically, how accurate they are (when sitting 5 feet away from a friend on the same app, the app said we were 12 miles apart)... But never actually made a profile or communicated with anyone on those apps.

i actually have no issues meeting people online; although i feel it takes awhile before id meet them in person....i like being able to get to know them that way first...get a feel for their presonality, mind, character, etc. ive met some creeps online for sure.....and ive met some who are now some of my most best friends in the world....guys ive met, we dated, and realized we were more suited to be friends and i remain friends w/ them....

with that said....i could go to any gym or bar or even the grocery store and meet a guy.....and that is just not my style because that person is probalby talking to me soley on what i LOOK like rather than getting to know my personality/character THEN wanting to meet me. i have met more sketcy people out and about than i have online......and well i dont want someone talking to me based on what i look like. lol

anyways....my OT thoughts on your post :)

I understand. We had Toronto destroyed during the G20. They seem to cause ruin simply to cause ruin. :what:

I'm really.......REALLY......fed up with these punks!

J'en ai marre!!

sort of off topic... the only words I know in french are bad words and happy new year

bonne annee

You guys are gonna make me crack out the rosetta stone LOL

Interesting article here

A report in the New York Observer suggested a possible link between Luka Magnotta, 29, and the Los Angeles case, which remains unsolved.

Sources familiar with the investigation said Magnotta had not visited the United States in the last two years, according to the sources who spoke with The Times on condition of anonymity.

Dog walkers in Bronson Canyon below the Hollywood sign found a severed head on Jan. 19. A search by authorities also turned up two hands and two feet, which were buried in a shallow grave. LAPD detectives determined that the parts belonged to Hervey Medellin, a 66-year-old former Mexicana Airlines employee.

Medellin lived with another person in a third-floor apartment on DeLongpre Avenue, not far from the hiking trail where his body parts were found.

Sources said the bizarre nature of the case is the only thing comparable to the Canadian dismemberment case.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...not-related-to-hollywood-body-parts-case.html

42s CTV National News ‏@CTVNationalNews
"@benctv: #Magnotta's lawyer says murder suspect worried about safety in jail, she said to stay away from other prisoners, don't go to yard"

:chicken:

There is a marked difference between "violent" *advertiser censored* and *advertiser censored* featuring run-of-the-mill intercourse.

Say what you want about Ted Bundy but I believe what he stated has substantial merit. Consider the evidence found about any well documented serial killer ... they were all exposed to violent *advertiser censored* at some important point in their development.

All of them that weren't raised in extremely religious households, or were only exposed to violent *advertiser censored* after they were developed and pursued it themselves...All is a gross exaggeration. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd