Family, friends mourn Tigard boy (This is MY son)

Hi, Di.

I think about your family often. I hope you are doing okay and are able to find comfort in the precious memories of your boy.

I wasn't here at WS when this tragedy struck your family. I just want to tell you that your son's story touched my heart and made me pull my little boy closer.

Love to you and your family. You will be in my prayers.

Hi, Di.

I think about your family often. I hope you are doing okay and are able to find comfort in the precious memories of your boy.

Thank you! I am ok.... I find alot of peace and comfort in small everyday things... I don't know how I have made it, but I thank god everyday that I am still here for my other boys.

I love your quote "You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now."
These are the small things that help me thru!

Just a little update..... We have "Ethans Garden" with a sign that my mother in law made in the spot where the tent was. The manager of the Elks park made a HUGE sign that says "Ethans Swimming Hole" with his picture as you walk into the site where we camped that leads down to the swimming hole that we all play in. The Elks club set the playground equipment (that hubby, our sons and I picked out) 2 weeks ago, it is perfect! we are placing a bronze plaque that says "The Ethan Hansen memorial Playground" in stone in a few weeks. I have pictures of everything and would be happy to share.

I am so sorry for your loss and pain. May God give you the comfort and strength that you and your family need. You, Ethan and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'd love to see pictures of the stones.

Thank you! I am ok.... I find alot of peace and comfort in small everyday things... I don't know how I have made it, but I thank god everyday that I am still here for my other boys.

I love your quote "You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now."

Just a little update..... We have "Ethans Garden" with a sign that my mother in law made in the spot where the tent was. The manager of the Elks park made a HUGE sign that says "Ethans Swimming Hole" with his picture as you walk into the site where we camped that leads down to the swimming hole that we all play in. The Elks club set the playground equipment (that hubby, our sons and I picked out) 2 weeks ago, it is perfect! we are placing a bronze plaque that says "The Ethan Hansen memorial Playground" in stone in a few weeks. I have pictures of everything and would be happy to share.

Please share the pics. We would love to see them.

Oh, di, it's so good to see you. I too think of you and your family often. Every time I see this thread I also go back and read many of the posts.

Yes,.........please share the pictures. We would love to see them.

:blowkiss:

fran

I've thought of y'all often too. Please share you pictures, I would love to see them. You are all still in my prayers.

I would love to see the pics. What a wonderful tribute to your son!!!!!

I am glad you are able to continue on for your boys. Just take it one day at time!!!

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family esp. during the upcoming holiday season.

Always
Gozgals

Hey Di! It is so good to get an update from you! I often wonder how you are, especially when I am driving down Pacific Hwy, past your church.

I think it is wonderful, all of the special tributes at the camp. I hope that each person that walks by takes a minute to look at their kiddos on the
playground and know how blessed they are :blowkiss:

Will the local media be reporting? I know there are many that often talk about Ethan...especially when Oswald West was closed this summer for the same reason... That had to be hard for you!

Peace and love surround you....:blowkiss:

Lynie

Hello di,

My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to you and your family and friends, on your journey, one day at a time, one moment at a time, getting through the devastation of losing a child, a sibling, and a friend. Sending you my best wishes ever! Thank you for keeping us posted and I also would love for you to share your photos of "Ethan’s Garden".

ariel

This sounds beautiful. I'm so happy that you have these things to help you honor your son. I also still think of you often and wonder how you've even managed to get through this, the most difficult pain imaginable, so far. I'm so glad that you have the "small things" to help you. I pray that those things will continue to provide you comfort throughout your days and I hope that you remember that you can always turn to this thread to find so many of us here to talk with you when times get tough.

I can't wait to see the pictures of these wonderful tributes to Ethan. :blowkiss:

Thank you for that update;you are an amazing woman. God Bless you, Ethan and your entire family :blowkiss:

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing ok...you have been in my thoughts. :blowkiss:

Here is "Ethan's Garden"

First 3 are taken in early spring... march/april 2008
Picture1003-1.jpg

Picture1004.jpg

Picture1005.jpg

These were taken June 21st 2008 we put the sign up and had a "celebrate Ethan day" out at the river.

Picture1079.jpg

before the sign

Picture1078.jpg

before placing sign

Picture1092-1.jpg

Hubby placing the sign

Picture1095.jpg

Picture1100.jpg

A friend planting a mini rose bush

Sept 2008..

sept2008EthanPlayground001.jpg

Driving into park

sept2008EthanPlayground002.jpg

our first look at the playground... still in the car!

sept2008EthanPlayground005.jpg

checkin' it out

sept2008EthanPlayground011.jpg

Hubby is king of the playground!

sept2008EthanPlayground020.jpg

Mom and Paul

sept2008EthanPlayground025.jpg

Blake

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online