Separating FACT from fiction

In recent months, it was celebrated all over the news that the new DNA testing proved the Ramsey's had nothing to do with it.

Can someone catch me up on why that isn't true (obviously, or you wouldn't all be still discussing this).

SuperDave You have no idea.

Talk about cream puff.
Better find some better questions to ask yourself.

It was LE who told JR during a depo that FW told them he was in the basement early that morning (hours before he and JR "found" the body around 1 pm). JR then said he was unaware of FW's previous visit to the basement. FW told LE that he looked into the wineceller and didn't see JBR wrapped in the white blanket. He said he couldn't find the light switch. That was so surprise- it was in an odd place- not only was it outside the room, it was also in an unusual place on the wall- down about knee-level. (where no intruder would find it either) He was stunned that was where she was eventually found. He had said that there was no way he felt he could have missed seeing her, even without a light on in the room.
Tests were conducted by LE in the basement to see whether there was enough light coming in from the hall outside the wineceller to see in the room, and it was determined that there should have been enough light even if the wineceller was dark. After all, FW didn't walk around the basement in the dark- they ALL put lights on as they searched the house. It was dark at that hour of the morning, but the wineceller was dark all the time anyway because it had no windows.
I don't recall if tests were done with the white blanket (or at least any white blanket) still in the room. If it were me, I'd have tested the light in the room that way.

He may have used a flashlight.

Yes, he may. But with the flashlight wiped down, we won't know, will we? Of course, FW would have no need to wipe the BATTERIES, would he?

I wonder if family support services cleaned the flashlight, too, as they walked around spraying and cleaning the house?

I wonder if family support services cleaned the flashlight, too, as they walked around spraying and cleaning the house?

Could very well have happened. They were seen wiping the kitchen counters down. But the batteries are still a problem because they'd have no reason to "clean" them". (I can't BELIEVE they wiped down a crime scene).

I'm a small (just me)foreign (i'm in france) faction hijacking the thread, (only briefly i promise) what do you folks think of PR cutting off JBR hair when she was sick of the fights to keep it tidy, i wouldn't do that to my girls- my last resort would be a hairdresser.

I'm a small (just me)foreign (i'm in france) faction hijacking the thread, (only briefly i promise) what do you folks think of PR cutting off JBR hair when she was sick of the fights to keep it tidy, i wouldn't do that to my girls- my last resort would be a hairdresser.

I don't recall reading anything about this. Patsy was VERY into JB's hair. Do you have a link you can post for this info?

Hi DeeDee, if you scroll down to spring 1994 http://www.acandyrose.com/s-jonbenet-timeline.htm.

If you read that interview, Patsy said that JB cut her hair herself when she was three. Patsy says "in jest" that is she got sick of JB arguing about having her hair done, she'd just cut it off. Then she says that JB cut her own hair when she was about 3. I wouldn't view that off-hand comment as much of anything. I don't see it as an abusive comment. I am sure many a mom has said that to a kid who fusses about having their hair fixed.

Thanks for posting the link.

I must have mis-read it, I'm mum of 2 girls with very long hair, they do fuss but it is part of 'identity' therefore, i just get on with it and use tons of detangler.

I must have mis-read it, I'm mum of 2 girls with very long hair, they do fuss but it is part of 'identity' therefore, i just get on with it and use tons of detangler.

Me, too. My daughter had waist- length straight hair (still does, and she is a mom herself). I always found it easy to care for- make a braid or ponytail or bun in hot weather, and use "No More Tangles" (Do they still make that?) .
I am sure Patsy would never have cut JB's hair- I think she may have even used falls and hairpieces for pageants because JB's hair always looked much fuller and longer in her pageant photos. Not that Patsy was the only one- most pageant moms use "tricks" like hairpieces, flippers (fake teeth to fill the gap when kids lose their two front teeth), false eyelashes, etc. Kinda sad, really. What does that say to these tots about their own natural beauty? Not beautiful enough, I guess. My daughter was a professional ballerina from age 8, and stage makeup was a part of her stage performances from her toddler days (classes started at age 2, professional classes at age 8) but it was simply a bit of bush, light lipgloss and nothing else.
The kids in those pageants today are far too heavily made up.

Multiple matching DNA deposits can be found among the evidence at the crime scene, and can be found in the context of the crime that was committed. The DNA belongs to a unique person who is a male and is neither a family member nor on the list of suspects already tested.

I don't know where to put this but I found a curious comment PamP. made after John Carr was arrested...
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/breaking/entries/2006/08/16/

"The news that a suspect was in custody was a long time coming, but she said, “I don’t think it’s ever too late to get a child killer off the street. It’s a shock when the day comes, you’re surrounded by all these feelings. Your mind spins, your heart races, there’s some sense of relief"

The choice of words is odd to me "it's a shock?" "SOME sense of relief?"
Wouldn't it only be a "shock" if you know the guy did not do it otherwise wouldn't it be a HUGE SENSE OF RELIEF?

I agree...I believe that John moved her, to where she could be found more easily. He had no idea that he was going to be asked to search the house. He saw that the police obviously weren't going to find her, and wanted to get it over with....so, he moved her out to the middle of the room, so she could be found faster. Funny how, when asked to search the house to see if anything was out of place...that he heads straight to the basement. She disappeared from HER ROOM....so, why didn't he search there first?

That could depend on which of the 4 personality type combinations he is. A more analytical person would have a "method" top to bottom , bottom to top. If he was closer to basement ( bottom) than her room he would logically start at basement. Remember they just asked him to survey his entire house for anything out of place. They weren't asking him to look for JB but for missing items, moved furniture, a hole in a wall who knows what just anything unusual.

If guilty I wouldn't go to basement for anything.
IMO- a guilty conscience and a mind bent on cover up wouldn't allow a person to go anywhere near the body until it was found by someone else.

The unusual odor Fleet noticed perks up my ears though. I suspect some chemical, something simple and likely to be in any household. Rubbing alcohol,while not as effective as bleach at destroying DNA it evaporates and is near odorless after it has evaporated. The smell of bleach lingers and screams CLEAN UP ON CRIME SCENE. Did Fleet ever describe what this odor was or what it reminded him of. If it was a "nursing home odor" we can attribute that to her bed wetting. Even if she didn't wet the bed the night before, she slept in a bed that had been wet in plenty of times.

I would look inside a freezer or fridge as kids have been known to get inside them to play. That doesn't raise my suspicion of family members.

Don't get me wrong here I haven't made up my mind who I think did it cause nothing very solid has been found yet.
The more I read here the more questions I have.
While I want this case to be solved I don't want to make accusations or theorize who did it, (a lot of people look good for this) without some solid proof. I'm sure people better trained for this and smarter than me haven't found that piece of the puzzle or someone would have been be arrested by now.
It is just so darn sad to see a murdered child not be able to get justice.

If you read that interview, Patsy said that JB cut her hair herself when she was three. Patsy says "in jest" that is she got sick of JB arguing about having her hair done, she'd just cut it off. Then she says that JB cut her own hair when she was about 3. I wouldn't view that off-hand comment as much of anything. I don't see it as an abusive comment. I am sure many a mom has said that to a kid who fusses about having their hair fixed.

Thanks for posting the link.

I have a confession here. My daughter who is now 30 used to cut her hair, her brothers hair, her dolls, my little ponies, anything with hair. I threatened to SHAVE HER HEAD if she didn't stop after she gave the dog a reverse mohawk

I must have been a horrible mother but it worked, Thank God. I don't think I could have really done it.

That could depend on which of the 4 personality type combinations he is. A more analytical person would have a "method" top to bottom , bottom to top. If he was closer to basement ( bottom) than her room he would logically start at basement. Remember they just asked him to survey his entire house for anything out of place. They weren't asking him to look for JB but for missing items, moved furniture, a hole in a wall who knows what just anything unusual.

IMO- a guilty conscience and a mind bent on cover up wouldn't allow a person to go anywhere near the body until it was found by someone else.

The unusual odor Fleet noticed perks up my ears though. I suspect some chemical, something simple and likely to be in any household. Rubbing alcohol,while not as effective as bleach at destroying DNA it evaporates and is near odorless after it has evaporated. The smell of bleach lingers and screams CLEAN UP ON CRIME SCENE. Did Fleet ever describe what this odor was or what it reminded him of. If it was a "nursing home odor" we can attribute that to her bed wetting. Even if she didn't wet the bed the night before, she slept in a bed that had been wet in plenty of times.

I would look inside a freezer or fridge as kids have been known to get inside them to play. That doesn't raise my suspicion of family members.

Don't get me wrong here I haven't made up my mind who I think did it cause nothing very solid has been found yet.
While I want this case to be solved I don't want to make accusations or theorize who did it, (a lot of people look good for this) without some solid proof. I'm sure people better trained for this and smarter than me haven't found that piece of the puzzle or someone would have been be arrested by now.

Everything we post is only our opinion, as no one here (that we are aware of) knows the truth. If there were solid proof, we wouldn't need to be here, because the case would be solved. That is why it is NOT solved- because there is no solid proof. In the absence of that proof, obviously people have varying opinions on who the perp(s) are.
There are so many pieces of this puzzle, and many of them fit, but many do not, that in the absence of solid proof, it seems like solving it is hopeless.
There is a lot of information on this case that you would find helpful, and there are sites that have the information all in one place. It is difficult to get a good overview from the forum sites. I found watching the DVD of "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" was helpful at the beginning, and I also read the book.

That being said- a ransom note was left. Kids that hide in a freezer or fridge don't write ransom notes, especially one like that (I assume you have read it, it is available online). It is very suspicious that the father of a supposedly "kidnapped" child goes straight to a hidden basement room and "finds" her. Why wouldn't you check her room first? The detective told him to see if any of her things (clothes, toys) were missing and he goes to a hidden basement storage room first? That, to me, is suspicious.
Whenever a "missing" child turns out not to be missing, but found dead in her own home, the parents are always the first suspects. JB's parents were home when she was killed, and that makes them suspects for that reason as well. The FBI were on the scene at the very beginning, knowing nothing about JB or her family, and they told the police right away "you're going to be finding her body". They knew right away it was no kidnapping. They were right.

My point is...if JR was innocent, he would have checked her BEDROOM for clues first...since that is the last place they supposedly saw her alive. If your child were missing from their room, and that was the last place that you saw her...and you were asked to search the house for clues...where is the first place you would look? Don't know about you, but the first place that I would look, would be the last place I saw her...her bedroom. The WC door was latched, why in the world would he go down to the basement, and check behind that locked door for clues?? It makes no sense at all...unless he just wanted her found, and knew where to look. Which is precisely the case, IMO.

Everything we post is only our opinion, as no one here (that we are aware of) knows the truth. If there were solid proof, we wouldn't need to be here, because the case would be solved. That is why it is NOT solved- because there is no solid proof. In the absence of that proof, obviously people have varying opinions on who the perp(s) are.
There are so many pieces of this puzzle, and many of them fit, but many do not, that in the absence of solid proof, it seems like solving it is hopeless.
There is a lot of information on this case that you would find helpful, and there are sites that have the information all in one place. It is difficult to get a good overview from the forum sites. I found watching the DVD of "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" was helpful at the beginning, and I also read the book.

That being said- a ransom note was left. Kids that hide in a freezer or fridge don't write ransom notes, especially one like that (I assume you have read it, it is available online). It is very suspicious that the father of a supposedly "kidnapped" child goes straight to a hidden basement room and "finds" her. Why wouldn't you check her room first? The detective told him to see if any of her things (clothes, toys) were missing and he goes to a hidden basement storage room first? That, to me, is suspicious.
Whenever a "missing" child turns out not to be missing, but found dead in her own home, the parents are always the first suspects. JB's parents were home when she was killed, and that makes them suspects for that reason as well. The FBI were on the scene at the very beginning, knowing nothing about JB or her family, and they told the police right away "you're going to be finding her body". They knew right away it was no kidnapping. They were right.

Yes, and John himself said that he thought it was "an inside job", and that a woman had written the RN. He ...to me...was giving a clue right there...he thinks that a woman wrote the note, and that it was an inside job. Patsy was a woman...and she was most definately inside.

Sorry I thought JR was asked to search the house for anything out of place not just see if any of JB's stuff is missing. I guess it is common for kidnappers to remove stuff belonging to the victim child, a favorite blanket or stuffed animal cause it keeps them reassured and quiet.

I'm no expert but the handwriting does look somewhat feminine. It is "pretty" with lots of curves and embellishments.

I hope police departments investigate kidnappings differently now. At the first visit when no one knows anything yet, I mean what better time to collect evidence, without the need for a search warrant, is there. No parent even a guilty one would object to that. If they did they would look even more guilty. Since police would in essence have consent to search and damming evidence couldn't be thrown out later as consent was given.

Why the police would ask them to help search without an officer with them is stupid. In any kidnapping case untrained people might destroy clues without intention, like finding her favorite stuffed animal somewhere then picking it up and hugging it close. An officer present would prevent them from touching anything.
I saw a program on this case once that showed Patsy throwing herself on floor at JB feet and picking her up and holding her sobbing. That really should not have been allowed to happen. In addition to that Police should have had Patsy strip down right then and remove her clothing as transfer just occurred, same as JR who carried her upstairs.

I am angry at the death of a child but angrier at the FBI and Boulder police for botching the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back