NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't AB request the medical records for his daughter??

good thought, perhaps he has cooperated with LE in this effort. Although, I got the feeling grandma was primary caregiver and was most involved in overseeing her medical appointments.

ETA he may not recall the names of doctors etc. IMO in a family, the primary caregiver is the one who is the keeper of that info.

In my family we joke that I am the "keeper of stuff" as in I keep track of my husbands keys, sunglasses, cigs, lighter, paperwork etc. because he always loses it. I guess I should mention my hubby has the worst adult ADHD I have ever seen.

Still catching up...lol...
Hmmm... The kidnappers knew such details as Mr. Coffey has a red headed pot smoking son, knew the layout of the house, but somehow forgot that Mr. Coffey's daughter didn't have a prostethic leg.. (not buying the 911 call at all...)

Oh, dear...that's what I was afraid might be the case. Poor little Zahra. I wonder if she ever got any type of consultation or treatment for her leg while here.

I mentioned this early on and hate to sound so gloomy in bringing it up again, but I wonder if she maybe had a recurrence and her health was neglected to the point of death. :(

Thank you so much for your response!
:hug:

bbm~

I thought about that as well! The photo of Zahra that we have seen that looks to me anyway like someone trying to take a passport photo is heartbreaking. She looked like she had lost weight and so tired and drawn. :(

something is up in Australia!!

mytime you need to edit your posts. we are not allowed to post direct quotes/comments from social networking sites. it's against TOS.

Thanks.

Edit button is on your bottom right.

Still catching up...lol...
Hmmm... The kidnappers knew such details as Mr. Coffey has a red headed pot smoking son, knew the layout of the house, but somehow forgot that Mr. Coffey's daughter didn't have a prostethic leg.. (not buying the 911 call at all...)

'zactly!

Bazinga!

Here is a link that Nancy2441 posted earlier where Channel 14 answers the questions...
Its a good site, you can also submit questions.
News 14
Where is Zahra's mother?
Zahra's mother is still in Australia where the little girl was born. Some stories are circulating that Zahra hasn't seen her mother since she was 8 months old. In May, when we interviewed Zahra, she mentioned her mother in Australia as if she'd seen her more recently than that.
A woman posted in Australia posted on her Facebook page Tuesday that she was good friends with Zahra's mother, Emily, and that Emily had been searching for Zahra for 5 years. The post went on that Emily found out last week Zahra's father was remarried and living in North Carolina. It also indicated they learned Monday Zahra was missing in NC.

good thought, perhaps he has cooperated with LE in this effort. Although, I got the feeling grandma was primary caregiver and was most involved in overseeing her medical appointments.

ETA he may not recall the names of doctors etc. IMO in a family, the primary caregiver is the one who is the keeper of that info.

In my family we joke that I am the "keeper of stuff" as in I keep track of my husbands keys, sunglasses, cigs, lighter, paperwork etc. because he always loses it. I guess I should mention my hubby has the worst adult ADHD I have ever seen.

Could be that LE asked grandmother to compile a list of all Zahra's doctors, hospitalizations, surgeries, etc., then sent the list to bio mom and asked her to get and sign releases from all those places. I imagine that could be done more quickly than via the red tape of an international law enforcement records request for them.

That might well be one reason grandmother is still there vs. here and a huge way in which she is helping out.

I'm getting very confused with how fast these threads move and the intergration of rumors and outside posts to articles and social networking sites and that those rumors (because they haven't been published in MSM) by some of our newest members who aren't as familiar with TOS as the rest of us.

I think I have a headache. Seriously.

What does MSM report about Zahra's Mother? All other info is speculation and theory either by us or by the anonymous posters on other websites, and we have to notate that somewhere in our posts when we talk about it.

Sorry, I'm old, I'm tired and am getting way too confused LOL. JMHO

Could be that LE asked grandmother to compile a list of all Zahra's doctors, hospitalizations, surgeries, etc., then sent the list to bio mom and asked her to get and sign releases from all those places. I imagine that could be done more quickly than via the red tape of an international law enforcement records request for them.

That might well be one reason grandmother is still there vs. here and a huge way in which she is helping out.

Totally agree. Easier for mom to sign them than for them all and send them.
Otherwise they all have to be faxed over here for signatures, have LE ask Adam come into sign them and then fax them back.

nail meet head.

Well I'm thinking reports of the grandmother and bio-mother are beginning to be picking nits. I think any contact with the bio-mother would be to help assist LE with cooperation and possibly DNA testing to determine identification if Zahra's is found.

Here is a link that Nancy2441 posted earlier where Channel 14 answers the questions...
Its a good site, you can also submit questions.
News 14
Where is Zahra's mother?
Zahra's mother is still in Australia where the little girl was born. Some stories are circulating that Zahra hasn't seen her mother since she was 8 months old. In May, when we interviewed Zahra, she mentioned her mother in Australia as if she'd seen her more recently than that.
A woman posted in Australia posted on her Facebook page Tuesday that she was good friends with Zahra's mother, Emily, and that Emily had been searching for Zahra for 5 years. The post went on that Emily found out last week Zahra's father was remarried and living in North Carolina. It also indicated they learned Monday Zahra was missing in NC.

I wonder how true the Facebook comment is regarding Zahra's mother "Emily" has been looking for Zahra for 5 years etc., etc., especially since the MSM posted the info as FACT and not that it came from a Facebook comment.

Another thing that bothers me about that 911 call...wonder why AB keeps calling the 'kidnappers' "they"? Has there been anything that I have missed that would make anyone believe that the supposed kidnappers were more than 1 person?

I'm getting very confused with how fast these threads move and the intergration of rumors and outside posts to articles and social networking sites and that those rumors (because they haven't been published in MSM) by some of our newest members who aren't as familiar with TOS as the rest of us.

What does MSM report about Zahra's Mother? All other info is speculation and theory either by us or by the anonymous posters on other websites, and we have to notate that somewhere in our posts when we talk about it.

Aussie mum's fear for Zahra Baker
HE mother of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker is devastated by fears her girl has been murdered in the US.
North Carolina police officer Clyde Deal told the Herald Sun he had spoken with the mother and her sister in Australia.
"Like any parent, she was extremely upset," he said.
Captain Deal said Zahra's mother and father, Adam Baker, separated when Zahra was a baby, but she maintained contact with her daughter over the years.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-for-zahra-baker/story-e6frf7l6-1225939356137

thank you Darlin gal and my apologies! :(

Oh, dear...that's what I was afraid might be the case. Poor little Zahra. I wonder if she ever got any type of consultation or treatment for her leg while here.

I mentioned this early on and hate to sound so gloomy in bringing it up again, but I wonder if she maybe had a recurrence and her health was neglected to the point of death. :(

Thank you so much for your response!
:hug:
You're welcome! :) It wouldn't necessarily have to be a recurrence of cancer, but instead it is possible the stump could become infected from improper care, such as lack of proper hygiene, moisture, an ill-fitting prosthesis, etc. MOO

I wonder how true the Facebook comment is regarding Zahra's mother "Emily" has been looking for Zahra for 5 years etc., etc.

Yes, I agree that isn't something that has not been verified. I found it interesting that Channel 14 stated that Zhara talked in an interview as if she had seen her Mom more recently than at 8 months.

lol, I find it all interesting but true, challenging to stay within TOS, but discussing them is okay as they are on public forums.

ETA I find it true to be a challenge, not I find the items posted there to be true, lol

I think there is a backstory with bio mom and the reason for her not being more present in her daughter's life, but I do not think it is relevant to Zahra's being missing. Unless this woman witnessed AB committing a murder or can speak to anything about AB and Zahra's life in recent years, who she is, where she is, etc is not really relevant to Zahra.

I am intrigued but not to the point of needing an answer. Which is why I have stopped speculating about gio mom's absence, how long, yada yada.

But I was pleased to find the social network poster claiming to be grandma. If it is indeed her, I may learn more about what is being told to Z's family over there, what grandma is doing on her end to assist LE . .

I wonder how true the Facebook comment is regarding Zahra's mother "Emily" has been looking for Zahra for 5 years etc., etc.

Patty, I read that too...but my problem with that is that I wouldn't think that AB would have been that hard to find until he came here. Not to mention, apparently Zahra was on the news as well..not exactly hiding. I do think it's possible that she may have seen Zahra @ around 2 y/o though. From reading the posts, I know Grandma doesn't think so...but it's possible and no one told her..maybe on purpose....

Well I'm thinking reports of the grandmother and bio-mother are beginning to be picking nits. I think any contact with the bio-mother would be to help assist LE with cooperation and possibly DNA testing to determine identification if Zahra's is found.

I feel certain LE want mitochondrial DNA for (current or eventual) purposes of comparison. I'm sure the bio mom is happy to comply with that request. And I'm sure grandmother is doing all that she's been asked to do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member