MI - Dog-mauling death ruled suicide

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Port Huron dog mauling death ruled suicide

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: 2 h Updated 1 h

PORT HURON, Mich. -
The Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled the death of a 22-year-old woman attacked by dogs in Port Huron as a suicide.

Rebecca Lillian-Kay Hardy, of Port Huron, was found Thursday by officers in the backyard of a home in the 1700 block of 10th Street. She had suffered injuries on her neck and face. She was taken to Lake Huron Medical Center before being airlifted to Beaumont Hospital where she died from her injuries.

A spokesman for the Medical Examiner's Office said Hardy suffered multiple injuries. Her death has been ruled a suicide...

:waitasec:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...cf293a65e21650d_det&utm_content=20151209_1021

She must have left a note. What an odd way to choose to die.

PORT HURON, Mich. -
The Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled the death of a 22-year-old woman attacked by dogs in Port Huron as a suicide.

Rebecca Lillian-Kay Hardy, of Port Huron, was found Thursday by officers in the backyard of a home in the 1700 block of 10th Street. She had suffered injuries on her neck and face. She was taken to Lake Huron Medical Center before being airlifted to Beaumont Hospital where she died from her injuries.

A spokesman for the Medical Examiner's Office said Hardy suffered multiple injuries. Her death has been ruled a suicide...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...cf293a65e21650d_det&utm_content=20151209_1021

What kind of insanity is that ruling? I'd love to see pictures of the ME and his staff that made that ruling.

PORT HURON, Mich. -

I must be missing something here. I wonder if there were self inflicted injuries prior to her being with the dogs? Perhaps she harmed herself in some way and then went into the back yard?? How can it be a suicide. How do you know the dogs will kill you and not just injure you??

Maybe they ruled it a suicide because she intentionally went into the back yard of a property that had vicious dogs? I hope those dogs NEVER get loose. Was it ruled this way to prevent the dog owners from being liable?

This sound bizarre to me: I don't think people committing suicide want a slow and painful death.

Do you have a link that she left a note?

No, I said, "she must have left a note," which is a way of giving one's theory/opinion on the matter.

Comments from her boyfriend:

He said he and Hardy had an argument at his home a few doors down shortly before the incident. Grattan said she left the house. He speculated that she traveled down the alleyway behind the 10th Street homes and attempted to cut across the neighbor's back yard to get to 10th Street.

"Nobody was there, nobody knows what happened and why," Grattan said.

Grattan walked to the scene after hearing ambulance sirens down the street.

Barbara Buffington lives a couple of doors down on 10th Street. Buffington said she didn't hear anything before rescue crews arrived, and had no prior issues with the dogs at the home.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/12/04/pit-bull-attack-port-huron/76786642/

...Authorities have ruled the death of a 22-year-old Port Huron woman who climbed a fence into a yard holding two pit bulls that badly mauled her to be a suicide.

According to Ray Jankowski, an investigator for the Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office, Rebecca Hardy died of multiple injuries. The Medical Examiner’s Office would only release cause and manner details Wednesday...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/12/09/port-huron-dog-attack/77035920/

Maybe they ruled it a suicide because she intentionally went into the back yard of a property that had vicious dogs? I hope those dogs NEVER get loose. Was it ruled this way to prevent the dog owners from being liable?

The story is so strange. Would't the ME have to know that she was aware the dogs were dangerous and that they would actually kill her for it to be suicide? I don't know, I think there has to be more to this story.

How would they know it was her intent to commit suicide by dog? I hate to say this, but dogs that will attack and kill a person are not exactly "safe" to have around. I don't understand owners that do this to their dogs by not socializing them (I am assuming).

I have two German Shepherds and they are well socialized and K9 cop trained. I have no doubt that they would bite anyone who tried to harm us. However, they would not bite to kill just because someone came in our yard. Unless they have a deer costume on. Then all bets are off...

This is very bizarre. Unless she left a note, how would they know it was suicide? Because she intentionally went into the yard? If that's the case, wouldn't they say accidental? Like I said, bizarre.

This is very bizarre. Unless she left a note, how would they know it was suicide? Because she intentionally went into the yard? If that's the case, wouldn't they say accidental? Like I said, bizarre.

The linked article says she had to climb over the fence to get in with the dogs. If that's suicide that is certainly a bizarre way to do it.

Don't ban guns, ban dogs and the idiots that make rulings like this. Doesn't anyone else here see the idiocy of this?

I can see the idiocy of this ruling.
The death could be ruled accidental, or misadventure.
She did actually climb over the fence which makes it "trespass" so the death could be ruled accidental or misadventure. She should not have climbed over the fence and entered the yard.
No-one should have dogs that will kill someone. It would make it dangerous for "First Responders" to enter the yard if the need ever arose. So although she made a mistake, no-one should have dogs that will kill anyone. Those dogs therefore will kill anyone who needs to enter the yard, and First Responders come to mind, and many others.
I don't agree with this decision.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back