Philly three pitbull attacks cause havok and death

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Mods I'm not sure if I should have posted this with the past thread of the woman killed by her mother's dog over the weekend. Afterall the thread is about the deceased Christine Staab. Or maybe more about the dogs. Please merge it if warranted.

A 10 year old Philadelphia boy is fighting for his life today after he was attacked by two pitbulls. The boy suffered devastating injury to his arm, throat and back. The little guy was walking with friends to a nearby playground. The boys had tow pitts on leashes. The dogs started to fight eachother and then turned on the 10 year old. Pink snow (blood) and paw printsand footprints were still visible at the playground the boy's walked to from Whitehall.

On Friday evening a woman was attacked by a pittbull that was owned by another person in the house. The 50 something woman almost lost her wrist and Doctor's fought to save her arm after the vicious attack.

That's a dead, beautiful young woman, and an innocent 10 year old boy in a hospital and a woman who needs her arm.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/84936737.html?cmpid=15585797

Hi Filly: I'm a neighbor of yours, just south in NJ. I read about this in today's Courier Post and it is sickening. I've tried so hard to give pits the benefit of the doubt, but these incidents are just too much for coincidence. I know there are some good ones out there, as in any breed, but we need some controls on ownership of these dogs. Personally, I'm happy with my Beagle :)

Hi Filly: I'm a neighbor of yours, just south in NJ. I read about this in today's Courier Post and it is sickening. I've tried so hard to give pits the benefit of the doubt, but these incidents are just too much for coincidence. I know there are some good ones out there, as in any breed, but we need some controls on ownership of these dogs. Personally, I'm happy with my Beagle :)

Hey Sniffy across the bridge.:D

You know I hadn't heard it until this morning. Well, about the woman and her arm and the little boy over at Whitehall. That's by Habrison Avenue where the Eagles bus is on the roof. The poor kid, right? Poor lady.

Last night my friend had called me and she knew the woman killed at her mom's by her mom's dog. Not close friends but knew her.

I'm not a good person to post about this as my brother was mauled. Over a 100 stitches and a skin graft. He's an adult, and in a job where dog bites aren't uncommon, BUT this was awful. By the time rescue and the cops got there the dog conveniently "ran away". Meaning the owners hid it. Not too long after that a little boy visiting a neighbor was maimed for life by that same dog.

Beagles? My girlfriend has three. They're a riot. She's up in the Pocono's so the noise level is just fine. That's right you love your Beagle!

It just seems to me the debates get pretty intense and then we forget there's victims. I understand it of course, but still I want to keep the victims in perspective. Ms. Staab was a young woman. The woman with the arm injury is as well. Then you have a 10 year old?

My neighbors had two pittbulls and granted they are some foolish people. I won't blame the dogs just as my brother didn't, but they left them in the yard. The one chewed the others leg off while all the kids were out back playing. They saw this. Then again they shouldn't have been allowed near a yard with any kind of dog left alone like that.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks Sniffy for weighing in from Joisey.

My dad, an old school retired veterinarian, always said there is no excuse for any dog to bite a human twice. Unless defending itself, a dog who will cross the line and aggressively bite a human being should be put down, because it will almost certainly strike again. When it is a pit bull, doubly true, because the breed is known to be unpredictable and will not back down once engaged.

Why anyone would want a pit bull, knowing the risks and possibilities is a mystery to me. No offense to anyone, but I simply do not understand it. It seems every time one attacks, the owners say, "The dog was so sweet, it had never done this before." That a dog could attack once and be allowed to do so again is unacceptable.

Eve

Little Phillip Sheriff the 10 year old mauled on Sunday has undergone a second surgery to try and save his severely mauled arm.

Sheriff's grandpop who is at his side as the boy lay heavily sedated says he is bitter. The retired school Prinicpal said this was a horrific attack and should not have been allowed to happen. The "so called friend" who had the dogs describes how after the attack one of the dogs ran away and how the other still had blood on his teeth when the boy brought him home.

Prayers for little Phillip and the great Doctor's and nurses trying to allow this child to keep his arm.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/85022532.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back