NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
NancyA,

I wanted to thank you for your posts regarding immigration. I read another member's post regarding the subject last night that was incorrect, but was relunctant to correct it. Thank you so much for doing so. I can confirm, from experience, that NancyA is correct is this matter. Immigration to the US is expensive, time consuming, and there are many, many hoops and red tape involved.

I'm south Asheville now, just saw the report also. Personally I'm awaiting an arrest and hoping for a quick resolution.

Weather Julie is calling for a cold front to move through today and I'm watching a frost advisory for tonight. I'm thinking Hickory will be a couple hours behind us in weather.

Sooo will you be singing Karaoke?

OT.......I went to Ashville a few years ago, it is beautiful country. Went to the Biltmore and ate some really good bbq place called fat buddies I think....i hope we get some news today on Zahra, poor thing :angel:

Just read the FB and myspace....on the FB the wall has nearly no responses, just posts by her..if friends leave an account do their posts disappear too? I'm just curious because it seems to be the most isolated FB account I've ever seen, just her posting to herself. ODD.

No, the posts will not disappear unless they are manually deleted.

morning all. Any news on the pond search?

DIdn't know about this lead

One of those leads was a call from Rachel Freeman, who lives one mile from the area where investigators were searching on Tuesday night. Freeman told police she smelled something outside her home. "I want them to find it. I'm very concerned about her. We've smelled it since Sunday. It was real bad last night,” Freeman said.

But police said they didn't find anything around Freeman’s home. The area is less than a mile from where officers conducting a massive search Tuesday night for Zahra on property where police said her father had access to a wood chipper.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25368912/detail.html

ETA About 50 people, including the FBI, Hickory Police and Burke County Sheriff's Office responded to the scene

confimation that FBI is involved

I'm not familiar with the geography in NC and the fact that AB and EB moved a lot...but I just feel in my heart that Zahra never made it to this new rental house... Have the LE even considered going back to search the house and area of their previous residence?

Did anybody see the stepbrother on GMA this morning? You know the one that just sent out the notice yesterday asking to be left alone. :waitasec::rolleyes:

From Twitter @yunjid

Good morning from Hickory, NC...we've got the latest on the search for Zahra - hear from her step-brother for the first time on @gma shortly

No, the posts will not disappear unless they are manually deleted.

Well then, the woman had no friends....or very few. And no-one who kept up a daily chit chat with her, no birthday messages, no little jokes, no farmville gifts from anyone, no pokes, nothing. She occasionally posted a nasty little message about how bad life was and got the rare reply in agreement, but that is about it. She must have radiated negativity.

I'm not familiar with the geography in NC and the fact that AB and EB moved a lot...but I just feel in my heart that Zahra never made it to this new rental house... Have the LE even considered going back to search the house and area of their previous residence?

I have not seen a search covered by press but assume they have. I have seen confirmation that they have questioined the old neighbors and neighbors confirm Zahra was with them when they packed up and moved. Residdence is occopied by new tennants now.

yawn, need more coffee. Wondering just how many hours I have spend in three four days on this thread. I hope LE finds something definitive soon. Can't keep running on fumes for much longer.

yawn, need more coffee. Wondering just how many hours I have spend in three four days on this thread. I hope LE finds something definitive soon. Can't keep running on fumes for much longer.

i know what you mean......scared i might get fired....lol, i just keep it minimized on my screen and just hit refresh every so often :blushing:

i know what you mean......scared i might get fired....lol, i just keep it minimized on my screen and just hit refresh every so often :blushing:

I know of what you speak ;)

The Burke County Sheriff told Eyewitness News just before 11 p.m. that information keeps leading them to that spot, but there's no proof yet if they're in the right place.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25368912/detail.html

and

The note said that a kidnapping had taken place and it was addressed to Zahra's father’s employer, Mark Coffey.

Police said that the note was a fake created by Elisa Baker. “They feel like the ransom note was just a distraction,” Coffey said.

Coffey told Channel 9 he fears for his family safety. “I feel like anyone would. I don’t like it,” Coffey said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

speaking of werk, gotta fly, should be at work in 2 minuts and its a ten minute drive w traffic!

yikes, will check in throughout the the day for breaks in the case.

Did anybody see the stepbrother on GMA this morning? You know the one that just sent out the notice yesterday asking to be left alone. :waitasec::rolleyes:

From Twitter @yunjid

Good morning from Hickory, NC...we've got the latest on the search for Zahra - hear from her step-brother for the first time on @gma shortly

I take back my :rolleyes:. It was just video of basically the reporter ambushing him at the vigil to try to get a soundbyte. He basically said now is not the time and no further comment. Good for him.

Search for Zahra Baker: Community Speaks Out - ABC News
http://t.co/DRiH2TN

Holy Cow, this thread/s is/are flying way too fast, lol. I cannot keep up. I did read about the pond this morning.

My guess is that more than a body, they were searching for evidence thrown into the pond after the murder NEAR the pond. Whatever the case may be--it never hurts to search ANYWHERE.

I am Jewish and was raised to believe that there is no heaven, no hell, and no afterlife, that we die and become part of the earth we are buried in.

But I can't help but feel sometimes that these victims, ala Lovely Bones, are looking down, perhaps guiding the community, LE, and family into solving their murder.

Maybe it just makes me feel better??

This morning an Australian posted on WS's, that knows his mother, and said his mother never gave an interview. It was made up by the reporter.

I can't fathom taking a child with a history of cancer from her home, family, doctor & resources, to a country where they're living on the edge. He obvously isn't a skilled worker or he wouldn't be shoving wood through a wood chipper for a living.

Let's say his mother did say that he'd never harm Zahra. Well to allow someone else to harm her & beat her falls in which category? The sin of omission?

I can't find the post regarding what the WS Aussie poster wrote about the grandmother. Would you be so kind as to link that post please. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak