Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the video showing the two officers carrying the body bag containing the remains, and you can tell by the way they're carrying it - with no effort on their part - that the remains aren't heavy, and more likely just bones.

In some respects, this points more to the remains being either Stacy or Lisa. It's been almost two years since Lisa disappeared, and a year and a half since Stacy disappeared. We wouldn't expect there to be much left.

But, with only a portion of the body/bones intact, I would expect the search by LE to take at least several days, if not more. I would think they'll put divers in the water in an effort to find more of the remains.

47040305.jpg

Searching the river bank
(Tribune photo by Zbigniew Bzdak / May 20, 2009)
Investigators comb the bank along the Des Plaines River near where human remains were found, in Channahon, Ill.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/05/channahon-des-plaines-river-body-recovery-illinois-state-police.html

We've been called," said Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family. "We're in contact by phone. We're just waiting to hear more information. For confirmation though, they said it's going to be a little bit of time."

Melanie Greenberg, a spokeswoman for Lisa Stebic's family, said: "If it is [her], the overwhelming feeling would be relief that we found her and that there is resolution."

Dear Mods, I am at a loss at where to post this article. Please move to appropriate thread...TIA

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7642347&page=1

May 21, 2009

Has Stacy Peterson's Body Been Found?
Remains Found on River Bank Near Blue Barrel Could Be Stacy Peterson's or Lisa Stebic's

The discovery Wednesday of a decomposing woman's body near the Illinois home of accused murderer Drew Peterson has the potential to blow huge holes in his claim that wife Stacy Peterson simply ran off with another man...

...the decomposing body was found less than a mile from a blue barrel...

...Area resident Michelle Williams spotted the blue barrel in the river earlier this week and notified police...

...Investigators say the partial remains of a small woman clad only in underwear were found by a barge clean-up crew on the bank of the Des Plaines River near rural Channahon, Ill...

The article is three pages long and implies that it may be Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic or another UID Female.

I wonder what DP's reaction was to the finding of the body. This will bring closure to some family.

I was shocked when I read it and feel like I won't be able to get anything done today.

I hope it Lisa or Stacie, both family needs to some peace,
If Stacie, I been wrong I thought he dump her in lake MI. from his plane.

Hi Carolina Girl, I'm wondering when we will learn something new about this, even a cursory ID. If they can't ID the panties or anything else they found they didn't mention to the media, a DNA test might take what 3 days at the quickest? I just hope we learn something soon, especially as the timing could be crucial and maybe the GJ would reconvene again. I don't know how that works.

Hi, I am sure they do have both womens DNA. They need to compare them. I don't think it takes long. Hopefully we will know in the next few days. May whoever it is rest in peace.

Very Sad! Both these families need closure. My gut has always told me that Stacy had been murdered by Drew; and given his current incarcerated status I'm half-way hoping it is her to put him away for good.

LE is not admitting to finding underwear on the remains. But I have been thinking about that.

The remains are decomposed to the point that they are disarticulating. From what I have been seeing, what remains of the body is the lower torso and maybe upper thighs. Those are reduced to skeletons, to bones. So how did the underwear come to be intact and still recognizable? And it didn't fall off?

Gotta admit that is bugging me.

If there's anything more to be found as far as remains go, I hope they find them today. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow evening which may or may not help. I think it's all the rain and wet that we've had that probably brought the remains to surface. There are parts of the Des Plaines that are hella deep, and others not so much. Whoever put her there was looking for deep, but didn't count on river strength and weather. Which is good, mind you.

If there's anything more to be found as far as remains go, I hope they find them today. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow evening which may or may not help. I think it's all the rain and wet that we've had that probably brought the remains to surface. There are parts of the Des Plaines that are hella deep, and others not so much. Whoever put her there was looking for deep, but didn't count on river strength and weather. Which is good, mind you.

I also thought all the rain we've had recently may have contributed to this discovery. Devine intervention perhaps? We can always use a bit of that, IMO!!

LE is not admitting to finding underwear on the remains. But I have been thinking about that.

The remains are decomposed to the point that they are disarticulating. From what I have been seeing, what remains of the body is the lower torso and maybe upper thighs. Those are reduced to skeletons, to bones. So how did the underwear come to be intact and still recognizable? And it didn't fall off?

Gotta admit that is bugging me.

Wasn't Laci's pants and underwear still on the skeletonized torso and legs when she was found? The underwear may have not come off because the torso and legs kept them on. It may be tattered remnants but the elastic waistband could still be in tact.

imo

"I wish I had $10,000 for every time insert ("dem guys") they pulled a body out of a(dat dare) river in the Chicago area," Brodsky said. "People will assume what they want to assume." Chicago Tribune today. (inserts mine)

I just love how this guy talks. I hope you eat your words Pal and get a tentative ID before his bond reduction hearing and Drew will be sticking to 3 squares for awhile. Like some others should, not naming names, just point out that the revolving doors at the WCC are not wide for your mouth and everything else.

He's a charmer, that one. Drew Peterson really found a soulmate in Joel Brodsky. I've seen my share of obnoxious attorneys but Brodsky really takes the cake.

I seriously don't think they'll find them. They must have broken away some time ago and exposed to the elements, there's no telling what happened to them. There were only 30 lbs of remains left. Sounds to me like the Laci & Connor Case. Maybe a torso only, since "panties" were" on the remains?

Karma Baby

Hey Drew - Chew Baby Chew

I think you are right. Any implants if there was any have long since let go. There is nothing but skeletal remains left.

I think they are going to send divers into the river to search for the head and other missing body parts and they are going to continue to search on shore also.

Whomever this poor soul is I hope some family finally knows what happened to them.

imo

He's a charmer, that one. Drew Peterson really found a soulmate in Joel Brodsky. I've seen my share of obnoxious attorneys but Brodsky really takes the cake.

Brodsky and Casey A.'s attorney strongly remind me of each other. Both have hired publicity agents. Both seem to be extremely 'attached' to their clients. Both were not very well known prior to their current cases and both seem to have curtailed any other business in order to work on their 'big case.' Both seem to court the media. Heck even their initials are the same.

I am praying hard that Stacy's remains have finally been located! My prayers are with her family as well as Lisa's family. My 'gut' tells me this is Stacy due to the blue container located near the remains.

There sure seems to have been alot of crimes solved lately. I read today on FOX about an arrest of a man on charges of ax murdering his pregnant wife and 2 kids in 1985 in GA.
Stories like this always give me hope for the families of crime victims.

Sorry for the OT......matilda

What time was DrewP's hearing today?

Autopsy should be starting soon.

Thank you. I was going to ask where this was in conjunction to the place Sandra was telling them to check, the locks wasn't it? Is this area anywhere near the locks?

although it isn't THAT far from Dresden Locks (approx 10 to 15 miles from 55/Marina), Dresden is downstream (west and around a large bend in the river) of where the remains were found. It is highly unlikely these remains were at Dresden and then were pushed against the current and drug upstream & deposited on the shore.

Editing to add: Not to say this absolutely could not happen (if a large boat or barge were going East and caught onto the container and drug it upstream or something to that effect - its just not likely.)

also the miles above are a guesstimate only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member