Drew Peterson's Trial *FIRST WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geeze, I'm surprised that Brodsky didn't suggest in his opening to say that "mad woman" Kathleen deserved to have an accident that killed her !!

Update: Mistrial Nearly Declared in Peterson Murder Trial

Updated 11 a.m.

It looked like there was nearly a mistrial after Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow brought up the co-worker Drew Peterson allegedly offered $25,000 to orchestrate a hit on his third wife Kathleen Savio.

Glasgow failed to disclose to the defense he was going to use that evidence. This was a big part of the prosecution's case and they now can't use it at trial. Peterson's defense team moved for a mistrial.

There was a long argument, but the judge denied the motion. Prosecutors will still be hampered going forward.

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/articles/drew-peterson-trial-begins-tuesday

:thud:

Apparently Brodsky can clown around all he wishes because the prosecution is going to screw themselves with this case. *shakes head*

So it will come down to dueling autopsy experts since all other avenues have been cut off by the judge.

So it will come down to dueling autopsy experts since all other avenues have been cut off by the judge.

Yup and "hearsay" statements. :sigh:

I'm not so confident about this case for some reason. Hope the jury sees right through the BS.

Apparently Brodsky was READING notes during his opening, literally reading them lol.

Objections were flying from the Pros especially when Brodsky was trying to tell the Jurors DP's entire life story. HA

Needless to say it didn't flow very well,

According to JC the jurors are on to Brodsky's games.

Pam Bosco (spokesperson for Stacy's family) held a presser a few mins ago confirming Cassandra will be called for the Prosecution.

Brodsky and his cohorts talking to the media claiming they did not trash Kathleen. Just telling the Jurors what a "spitfire" she was.

IMO they look like a bunch of mobsters.

Apparently Brodsky was READING notes during his opening, literally reading them lol.

Objections were flying from the Pros especially when Brodsky was trying to tell the Jurors DP's entire life story. HA

Needless to say it didn't flow very well,

According to JC the jurors are on to Brodsky's games.

======================================

ThaT's what the talking heads all said about Baez too. And it turns out they were all wrong.

His 3 mouthy lawyers out trashing KS at lunch break. She was mean, bossy, had to have her way, etc. GMAB.

Don't they realize how ridiculous they sound?

This trial is going to really get my blood pressure up, I can tell.

JMO

His 3 mouthy lawyers out trashing KS at lunch break. She was mean, bossy, had to have her way, etc. GMAB.

Gee, no wonder Drew killed her (sarcasm)

Don't they realize how ridiculous they sound?

This trial is going to really get my blood pressure up, I can tell.

Are you kidding me????????????????? They said "no wonder Drew killed her?" Are they sociopaths too????????????? I want them disbarred if they said that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:

NO the lawyers didn't say that. Everything after the first line is AbbieNormal's personal opinion.

no no no, sorry I should have put JMO. I am editing it now. Sorry sorry sorry.
tHANK yOU mADELINE FOR CATCHING THAT BEFORE IT BECAME A HUGE MESS.

:tyou: Just want to Thank You all for the updates as I am following along here today ...

This morning, I saw a short clip on IS of those :silenced: "defense attorneys" and they made me absolutely :furious: :furious:

I hope the DT's "joking" and the "blasting" of the VICTIM KATHLEEN "backfires" in their faces :bang::bang:

:please: Justice for Kathleen ...

:moo:

Defense opening statements are always frustrating to us as we know they're trying to paint a picture of their client's innocence. In some cases, like this one, they overreach, trashing the victim, and come off looking like fools. But, it's still frustrating!

I keep in mind that there is testimony that will come forward that will disprove much of what the defense states.

One thing that came to mind this morning, after reading that the defense claimed the coroners jury ruled Kathleen's death accidental, is that following the exhumation of Kathleen's remains and the autopsies done by the state and Michael Baden, some members of that coroners jury came forward with information on their deliberations. They were interviewed by the media.

I remember that one man said the forms they had to fill out only had "natural causes", "accidental", or "homicide" among the choices of the jury. He said the jury wasn't sure it was accidental, yet couldn't say it was homicide, and that if one of the choices had been "other", most of the jury would have opted for other, meaning the case should be further investigated.

I also remember one of the members of the coroners jury saying there was a Bolingbrook police officer on the coroners jury who knew DP and told the other members of the jury that DP was a nice guy and wouldn't have harmed Kathleen. If this is true - that a Bolingbrook police officer was on that coroners jury - he should have been disqualified as it could be claimed that officer had a conflict of interest.

I hope members of that coroners jury will testify for the prosecution.

Jurors are back from their lunch break.

:please: :please:

In Session Before the first witness can be called, the defense objects to a photo that the prosecution apparently intends to use. This is a photo of a hole the defendant allegedly cut through a wall in Kathleen Savio's home; the defense says that it should not be allowed, since the prior bad act to which it refers has previously been excluded by Judge White. The State argues it's important "to show what the defendant will do to get into that house."
14 minutes ago

In Session Ultimately, Judge Burmila rules in favor of the defense. "As far as I know, he had every right to go in there . . . you're drawing a number of conclusions from that (the hole in the wall) that I'm not sure are going to be substantiated by the evidence." Defense attorney Steve Greenbeerg charges "this is the second time today they've tried to sneak something in that was deemed improper by the preceding judge."
13 minutes ago

In Session All rise as the jurors enter the courtroom.
11 minutes ago

In Session Mary Pontarelli is called as the first prosecution witness. She lives in Bolingbrook, living next door to Drew and Kathy Peterson since 1997. She identifies a photo of herself with Kathleen Savio.
8 minutes ago

In Session The Petersons moved in next door in December, 1997. Pontarelli: "Our friendship started with our kids . . . they were great people." She and Kathleen became fast friends. "We’ve seen each other almost every day."
5 minutes ago ·

The witness says that Savio became very upset when she learned Drew was cheating on her, and the couple subsequently split up. He later moved into another home only a few blocks away.
5 minutes ago

In Session The witness went into the Savio/Peterson residence "frequently . . . at least three times a week." She says that in 2002, after the couple split up, Savio put a deadbolt lock on her bedroom door (it was installed by Tom Pontarelli, the witness' husband).

3 minutes ago
In Session Mrs. Pontarelli identifies a photo of the bedroom door. She points out the deadbolt, as well as a hole in the door itself. That hole was not there when the bolt was installed.
3 minutes ago

In Session The witness is asked about an incident in late May, 2002, when Savio was arrested in her front yard. Before she can answer, the defense objects, and the jury and the witness are both excused from the courtroom.
2 minutes ago

diane pathieu
@dianepathieu
Freelance reporter for ABC 7 Chicago

She's also another good reporter to follow on twitter for this case

http://twitter.com/dianepathieu

Thank you any way else to follow this trial and by the sound of the tweets on what the defense as tried to rebut makes them sound desperate and I believe the jury will be pissed off that the defense is trying to make the KS out to be a not so nice woman. With her sleeping with a bf having sex etc.

3 minutes ago ·
In Session Steve Greenberg argues that this incident is not relevant. But prosecutor Patton says it shows the degree of control that Drew had over Kathleen. "He took her down in the front yard, and made a citizen's arrest in front of her own children . . . this was to frighten Kathleen, to show her what he's capable of, and to help gain control of the children. We believe it is relevant"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998