UK UK - Keith Bennett, 12, Longsight, Manchester, 16 June 1964

that wouldn't work believe. as per his statement as long as he never tells them where keith's body is...he's won. that is one sick @#%^
if he were to die he would still die thinking as long as no body he's won.

Its heartbreaking to see Keiths mother still waiting all these years later. I fear she'll never find her son too.

This case is so heartbreaking and Frustrating that the LE where he is being held have to honor his "rights" more than any right his victims have had.

There are so few cases of couple killings where the woman seems to have been an equal participant in the killings. I tend to believe that she was a willing participant.

The movie Longford was quite chilling, it did seem to slant to sympathy for Hindley...

that wouldn't work believe. as per his statement as long as he never tells them where keith's body is...he's won. that is one sick @#%^
if he were to die he would still die thinking as long as no body he's won.

I know-Ted Bundy had the same philosophy. Somehow this made him powerful. I suspect if the search was given up for the little boy and the mom stopped begging to know, he would quickly start making noises about it...after all it must be mighty unpleasant to be living your life being force fed like an animal waiting to be slaughtered...talk about emasculating!!! And if people are no longer interested in your or your handiwork, well then he would likely stir the pot.

JMO.

This has always been one of the most horrible, yet fascinating cases I have ever read. Are any of you aware that Ian Brady wrote a book entitled, "The Gates of Janus"? I bought it, started to read it in the hopes that I could learn something. Alas, it was, to me, boring clap trap from a sick mind. However, it's been years and I might give it another go. If any of you have the chance, give it a read and see what you think.

I think that the "Criminal Justice System" in the UK stinks. I am afraid to say that I feel quite ashamed to be English.
O/T but do you hear about our MPs expenses in the US/Canada etc?
Highly paid MPs claiming for everything from Adult films to Moats and Duck Houses:furious::furious::furious:

This has always been one of the most horrible, yet fascinating cases I have ever read. Are any of you aware that Ian Brady wrote a book entitled, "The Gates of Janus"? I bought it, started to read it in the hopes that I could learn something. Alas, it was, to me, boring clap trap from a sick mind. However, it's been years and I might give it another go. If any of you have the chance, give it a read and see what you think.

I read it when it came out and thought it was interesting if only to give you insight into his mind. There were definitely a lot of "things not said."

This case is so heartbreaking and Frustrating that the LE where he is being held have to honor his "rights" more than any right his victims have had.

There are so few cases of couple killings where the woman seems to have been an equal participant in the killings. I tend to believe that she was a willing participant.

The movie Longford was quite chilling, it did seem to slant to sympathy for Hindley...

At the trial, she fully accepted her part in it. She said that whatever Brady had done, she had done as well. Most of the time you hear the woman trying to say she was abused, but she did not.

At the trial, she fully accepted her part in it. She said that whatever Brady had done, she had done as well. Most of the time you hear the woman trying to say she was abused, but she did not.
Until later, anyway. What did her in with her claims was the sound of her voice on the tapes while the children were being murdered, right?

Yet, somehow, Karla Holmolka was able to use a similar argument to get herself a wrist slap in spite of being videotaped actively participating in the torture/assaults of the girls in Canada.

All of it is head shakin.

i agree that he's not telling because it gives him control over the situation.

she went back & forth on her participation...first she said she was willing, then she said she wasn't and then she finally admitted she was, which was a disappointing blow to longford...he really wanted to have faith in her.

yeah, even the homeless have fewer human rights than he & any other criminal & i think that's true in America, as well as the UK.

it's shameful & disgusting.

i feel so, so bad for Keith's mum...

Until later, anyway. What did her in with her claims was the sound of her voice on the tapes while the children were being murdered, right?

Yet, somehow, Karla Holmolka was able to use a similar argument to get herself a wrist slap in spite of being videotaped actively participating in the torture/assaults of the girls in Canada.

All of it is head shakin.

Her voice was on the tape of the murder of Lesley Ann Downey, along with photos that were found in a locker in a train station.

Homolka got away with it because she claimed abuse. At least at the time of trial, Hindley made no such claim. Funny, both Homolka and Charlene Gallego claimed abuse and got away with murder, Hindley admitted it and was jailed until her death 25+ years later. I get pummeled on here every time I say this, but I honestly don't believe any of these women would be dangerous on their own. Gallego was released from prison in 1997 and hasn't made any headlines and I am sure if she was involved in anything else, it would have been all over the newspapers. The men in all three cases had proved themselves violent prior to hooking up with the women.

Cue up the Smiths's haunting, dedicatory 'Suffer Little Children': "Oh Manchester, so much to answer for...."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhiU5zBEW1M[/ame]

Something I found interesting Myra was friends with Rosemary West in prison.
I cant believe they put in the same prison in the first place and then to allow a friendship.........you really do wonder though what conversations they had!!!!!

On the News tonight, Keith Bennet's mother was at a cathedral service in honour of her son. After all these years, this lady could barely speak through her tears.
Why doesn't Brady just say where her boy is?

He is a sad excuse for a human being.

It was heart wrenching to see her

On the News tonight, Keith Bennet's mother was at a cathedral service in honour of her son. After all these years, this lady could barely speak through her tears.
Why doesn't Brady just say where her boy is?

He is a sad excuse for a human being.

It was heart wrenching to see her

Mail Online had an article on the cathedral service; lots of affecting pictures:

Mother's tearful tribute to Moors victim Keith Bennett at service held 45 years after his murder

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...emorial-service-45-years-abducted-killed.html

Something I found interesting Myra was friends with Rosemary West in prison.
I cant believe they put in the same prison in the first place and then to allow a friendship.........you really do wonder though what conversations they had!!!!!

gah...somehow I am not surprised.

Whilst rummaging around on YouTube the other day, I came across this somewhat eerie, unsettling item:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0oibs_nkPA&feature=related[/ame]

I beg to differ, at her trial she pleaded NOT GUILTY, they both did, furthermore she claimed she was just a bystander and that she had been abused and coerced by Brady into going along with the crimes. She did not admit her full guilt and complicity in these horrendous crimes until 1987 - more than 20 years after she was convicted - and only then because she thought it would get her paroled. It may not make me a very charitable person but it is of IMMENSE satisfaction to me that she died while still a prisoner, I actually cheered out loud the day her death was announced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back