NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbors claiming that Zahra slept in the attic with all the "blown" insulation, IMO is off their rockers. Blown insulation is very itchy stuff and anyone up there, unless totally covered, would be extremely miserable. MOO

This may have already been addressed but I was wondering if LE has been able to determine if ZB had a physician she saw on a regular basis (due to her metastatic cancer?)

I may have caught something but having a hard time making out what is being said. They are talking about why they are searching that specific area so thoroughly and sheriff breaks in and starts explaining that someone had access to the equipment and property there. WHO is he claiming had the access?

It's about :55 seconds into the video. He says "____ had access to equipment, had access to the property".

Did he say "The dad had access" to the equipment and property? Is it "ED had access"? I can't make out who he is saying had access to this stuff and that is why they are searching.

"I'm not concerned about myself," Baker said. "I'm concerned about Zahra."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ng-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz12SeqJ0DD

Adam just wants me to get a TO doesn't he?

Yeppers! He's doing his best.

The only safe thing for me to say on Baker's latest comments is that he thinks he is going to get away with "this", whatever "this" is.

He's not. I have complete confidence in US LE. He's not getting away with anything and it will be a long long time before he sees the sunny shores of Oz again, if ever.

This may have already been addressed but I was wondering if LE has been able to determine if ZB had a physician she saw on a regular basis (due to her metastatic cancer?)

Not a word has been said about any medical care she has had in the US.

We don't know if she ever saw a doctor or not.

The neighbors claiming that Zahra slept in the attic with all the "blown" insulation, IMO is off their rockers. Blown insulation is very itchy stuff and anyone up there, unless totally covered, would be extremely miserable. MOO

you know why I don't buy anything those neighbors are saying? The woman is suppose to be the apartment manager- there is NO way she wouldn't know there was a child living there.

The removal of the twin mattress from the house don't indicates that Zahra did have a space and bed of her own in the new house I see no reason the same wouldn't have been true in the apt.

No Record That Zahra Was Home Schooled

"There is a hole in the statutory school attendance safety net for North Carolina's school children, and Zahra Clare Baker seems to have dropped through that hole.

There is no record that Zahra was home schooled, as her parents claimed, or that either parent applied for home school certification."

Good morning WS.

I was wondering about the claim of 'homeschooling'. In Australia there are strict guidelines on removing a child from the school system and providing a home based education. Parents who are serious and dedicated home educators often have education degrees or a dip. ed. (diploma of education).

I'm not buying their claims of home schooling Zahra ... the SM just doesn't fit the mould to me.

Are there regulations or strict guidelines on this in the US?

I may have caught something but having a hard time making out what is being said. They are talking about why they are searching that specific area so thoroughly and sheriff breaks in and starts explaining that someone had access to the equipment and property there. WHO is he claiming had the access?

It's about :55 seconds into the video. He says "____ had access to equipment, had access to the property".

Did he say "The dad had access" to the equipment and property? Is it "ED had access"? I can't make out who he is saying had access to this stuff and that is why they are searching.

He says "the dad"

I appriciate all the responses to my questions about the dogs. I was really curious about how they chose what dogs for what jobs. I have a heinz 57 mutt that one time I was selling a car and a guy came to look at it and my dog would not stay away from the guys pocket. 20 minutes later the man was stopped for speeding and was found to have drugs on his person. I thought at the time I should have had her trained but never did.

I was reading what some of you where saying in the last thread about her father possibly being abused and stuck here in the states.

My feelings are that he was working a job. He was the one making money. He claims he worked so much that he hardly saw his daughter. He could have taken Z and moved into another apartment far away from the abuser. There should be no problem supporting just himself and his daughter. I do not believe he was stuck with EB.

He committed crimes as well but because he was cooperating police have not arrested him. He reportedly ran a woman and child off the road too. And he made the horrific choice to pull Z away from her health care and family so he could be with some woman.

The father is a selfish man who did not consider his daughter in his choices nor did he do a darn thing to protect his daughter from that beast. I want his behind planted in a jail cell right along with her. He was a grown man who had a duty to care for his child and he failed in the worst way possible.

I agree, Mandy. I do believe she might have been abusive to him or they were to each other. And hey, if an adult wants to take it for himself or herself, that's their choice. But when your CHILD is being tortured and abused, you FIND a way to put a stop to it...immediately.

He either sat by and watched it all happen or was in on it himself, both equally as bad in my opinion.

Good morning WS.

I was wondering about the claim of 'homeschooling'. In Australia there are strict guidelines on removing a child from the school system and providing a home based education. Parents who are serious and dedicated home educators often have education degrees or a dip. ed. (diploma of education).

I'm not buying their claims of home schooling Zahra ... the SM just doesn't fit the mould to me.

It varies state-to-state. Here's a link to a home-schoolers association website that provides an overview of what each state expects from home schoolers.

Good morning WS.

You are only required to have a high school diploma to homeschool in NC.

Requirements:

• Notify the Department of Administration, Division of Non-Public Education of your intent to operate a school and include your school name, and name of chief administrator.
  • Certify that the persons providing the academic instruction hold at least a high school diploma or its equivalent.
  • Maintain attendance records on each student.
  • Maintain immunization records on each student.
  • Operate on a regular schedule, excluding reasonable holidays and vacations, during at least nine calendar months of the year.
  • Administer a nationally standardized test, or other equivalent measurement, that measures achievement in the areas of English grammar, reading, spelling, and math, to every student each year, and maintain the results on file for one year, subject to inspection by a duly authorized representative of the State.
  • Notify the Department of Administration, Division of Non-Public Education, when closing your school.
http://nche.com/how_to/nc_homeschooling_law

They told the last school she attended she wouldn't be back that they were homeschooling but they never filled out the paperwork to start the process.

In other words another big fat lie.

It also looks like they would have seen her at some point. She was there from July to Nov last year and was enrolled in and attending school (which would have started Aug 2009). So that's three months of her coming and going to school on weekdays. Odd they didn't see her even once in all that time.

Baker told reporters he still believes Zahra is alive and said he is actively looking for the girl, whose disappearance has been classified by Hickory police as a homicide investigation.

"I'm not concerned about myself," Baker said. "I'm concerned about Zahra."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ng-girl-now-believed-to-be.html#ixzz12SnHq7B7

What is he doing to search for her, alive? Does he distribute flyers? Create a webpage with her photos? Raise funds for awareness?

Ok - its time for my Friday afternoon nappy but there is one thing that has been niggling at me---

Zahra was getting older, "growing up" if you will. I'm wondering if she was beginning to find her voice. Earlier someone posted about the hearing aids and I thought about the batteries. I said I was willing to bet those hearing aids haven't been in use since the initial batteries wore out. I can see a 10 yr old getting cussed out for some silly little thing and coming back with "well, if you would get me batteries maybe I could hear you better!" You all see where I'm going with this? Was Zahra finally starting to stand up for herself and that pizzed off EB to no end and before anyone knew what happened she had been beat to death or strangled.

I guess unless EB finds her tongue and starts talking we'll never know - but I would like to think that our Angel Zahra stood up for herself right up til the very end!!!!

Ok - nappy time for me.

Would HIPAA law apply in a homicide investigation?

Haven't a clue but reporters should use their contacts with Zahra's family and friends that are talking and inquire if they know if she ever saw a doctor since coming to the US?

That wouldn't be against HIPPA laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member