Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local 4 has learned that the information from 2 people that have come forward has gotten their attention. A DDot bus driver told detectives he saw the car of the girl's father, Dandre Lane, in the area where he claimed to have been hijacked December 2nd. He also said he saw Lane driving the car alone.

A second witness claims to have been looking out a window in a nearby building when she watched Lane pull his car into a dead-end alley, get out and just walk away.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...case/-/1719418/4899034/-/rlbdwez/-/index.html

Praying these are credible witnesses.

Well finally..... this is the first article or report I've seen that actually contained a description. Nothing like getting that out there a week later! sheesh!

"Bianca was allegedly abducted by a 25-30 year old black male, 6 foot tall, 190 pounds, with some facial hair and a medium skin tone. He was last seen wearing a brown and black baseball style cap, black coat and dark pants. A hand gun was seen by a witness."

This page has some good links....

This is the last day they are going to search? Really?

Police: Last Day For Volunteers In Search For Missing Toddler
December 8, 2011 7:07 AM

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/12/08/police-last-day-for-volunteers-in-search-for-missing-toddler/

Kind of :( that searches won't continue, but after this long, little Bianca could be anywhere. If she was left alone somewhere, alive, she couldn't have survived in the cold temps. Poor thing :cry:

BBM. I don't know that someone would immediately think he is ditching his car. It's winter, so he may have thought the driver was running back to a house or garage for something while leaving the car running. Lots of people leave their car running to warm up, or to run in for something and people like me with keyless entry via the numeric pad can let the car run and warm up while locked.

jmo

If he was leaving it running, with the door open, in an overgrown abandoned alley in downtown Detroit....I would assume he was ditching the car. But in Detroit, as in my city I wouldn't bother to call the cops, because they wouldn't get there until the next day. MOO.

Is his car remarkable in some manner so that bus drivers are likely to notice and remember? Was the bus driver in a position to be able to observe that he was driving alone? From many vantage points it's difficult to determine if there is a baby in the backseat or not, particularly if you're not aware that you should be trying to see if there is one.

That is the same description that has been out there since the day Bianca went missing...it's been repeated over and over again, in at least 2 articles a day since.

They are not ending the search. They are ending the volunteer search. You have to understand the liability risk here. Abandoned houses that are falling down, full of used needles, broken glass, potentially rabid dogs, rats, and some people that might not like to be disturbed.

I think they might also be zeroing in on a location, and there isn't much more that they can do with volunteers without endangering someone. THey are lucky that no one has been seriously injured yet.

Sorry I've been trying to follow things the past few days maybe I just never ran across an article that contained the description of the clothing and such but I do not recall hearing that detailed of a description.

Your right it is dangerous I'm sure they will be scaling down just sad at the tought of them not finding her :(

Kind of OT, but I think it's interesting that we as sleuthers are quick to call Bianca's dad a narcissist when he mentions he wants the focus on finding his baby and not on the negative things being said about him. Saying he should not be concerned about what people are saying about him and only focused on finding his baby.

But then in Lisa Irwin's case her mother said she didn't care what people thought of her, refused to talk/discuss some things, and proclaimed her innocence yet people (including myself) crucified her anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending either of these people, just find that interesting. That's all. ;)

BBM. I don't know that someone would immediately think he is ditching his car. It's winter, so he may have thought the driver was running back to a house or garage for something while leaving the car running. Lots of people leave their car running to warm up, or to run in for something and people like me with keyless entry via the numeric pad can let the car run and warm up while locked.

jmo

Whatever they thought at the time, after the fact when this story was all over the news, and the location of the found car was reported, wouldn't they then think, "Oh, yeah-- I saw that guy leave the car in that alley"? Why wait almost a week to mention it? Unless they did tell LE sooner and it is just now being revealed publicly?

Just because we are hearing about these witnesses now does not mean they didn't report this info to police soon after Bianca was reported missing. If DL is guilty of something, however, these witnesses' quick reporting to the police would be a good thing.

I haven't seen anyone call D'Andre a narcissist. A liar, in many opinions, yes, but not a narcissist. I haven't followed Lisa's case.

D'Andres the one whose comments have been, well the ones I've read without working computer speakers, about what people are saying and defering questions about what happened back to LE. If he didn't care about what people are saying, why mention it so often? And why not repeat the truth a thousand times if it helps get his daughter back?

Who can't tell the truth a million times over? It's lies people know they'll get caught in if they repeat them.

I haven't seen anyone call D'Andre a narcissist. A liar, in many opinions, yes, but not a narcissist. I haven't followed Lisa's case.

D'Andres the one whose comments have been, well the ones I've read without working computer speakers, about what people are saying and defering questions about what happened back to LE. If he didn't care about what people are saying, why mention it so often? And why not repeat the truth a thousand times if it helps get his daughter back?

Who can't tell the truth a million times over? It's lies people know they'll get caught in if they repeat them.

Oh, I totally agree. I think it was mentioned upthread how he keeps bringing the attention back to himself and always saying poor me for people focusing on him, etc. I was so frustrated with their appearance on Nancy Grace saying they were only there to find the daughter, but wouldn't give any details that would actually HELP find her.

Is his car remarkable in some manner so that bus drivers are likely to notice and remember? Was the bus driver in a position to be able to observe that he was driving alone? From many vantage points it's difficult to determine if there is a baby in the backseat or not, particularly if you're not aware that you should be trying to see if there is one.

Wasn't the car parked in an area where you really wouldn't park a car? I'm relying on memory here, but wasn't it overgrown with weeds - not somewhere you'd park? And then he left it running and walked away. That would be memorable, I think.

Kind of OT, but I think it's interesting that we as sleuthers are quick to call Bianca's dad a narcissist when he mentions he wants the focus on finding his baby and not on the negative things being said about him. Saying he should not be concerned about what people are saying about him and only focused on finding his baby.

But then in Lisa Irwin's case her mother said she didn't care what people thought of her, refused to talk/discuss some things, and proclaimed her innocence yet people (including myself) crucified her anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending either of these people, just find that interesting. That's all. ;)

This must be in reference to one of my postings. I recall posting that term after reading over his FB page that was one of the words that came to mind.

I'm not basing my opinion or my use of the term "narcissist" on the fact that he is complaining about the negative things being said or that he has been focused on.

My opinion was made on what I observed over the past few days in regards to behavior and the contents of his FB page. Not to mention the fact that this man has seven children with seven moms, three of which are all the same age? Just sayin...

Guilty or not.....

Maybe I'm wrong...

Hinky Meter post: http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/12/08/bianca-jones-case-breaking-down-lanes-story/#more-8627

Has a few mentions to timeline:

8:10 - drops 15yo off at school. Bianca in the car.
9:00 - alleged carjacking (according to DL)
10:00 - carjacking reported to police

Respectfully, the only verified time I recall is the 8:10.. And I am surprised Val would actually use the IBTIMES as a reference. They've been all over the place with inaccurate information in the Sky Metalwala case, iirc.

I'm recalling times other than 9 and 10 on the nose.

:waitasec:

Wasn't the car parked in an area where you really wouldn't park a car? I'm relying on memory here, but wasn't it overgrown with weeds - not somewhere you'd park? And then he left it running and walked away. That would be memorable, I think.

Yep, it was an alley that was overgrown and it seemed to pretty much end in more overgrowth. If he was the one that left the door open, as it was open when LE found it, that would be even more memorable. JMO.

I'll try to find the article that had the pictures of the car as it was when it was found.

Springing off your post. Keep in mind, D'Andre was possibly driving erratically due to nerves/anxiety prior to staging this alleged car jacking. Maybe breaking and looking down alleys before deciding which one to pull into. That type of driving behavior would have been memorable. It would have also called attention to noticing the occupants of the vehicle.

JMO

"It's their job to focus on all leads and I'm the easiest target right now," said Lane. "I just wish they'd focus on finding the right person."

It's law enforcement 101 to rule out those closest to the victim. If DL was not responsible, he'd be pounding down LE's doors and wouldn't leave until he could be ruled out.

Authorities, including FBI agents, spent Monday searching Lane's Detroit home. "There's nothing there," said Lane. "I really just think all of this is just to scrutinize me."

Hello, LE 101, rule out those closest to the victim first. Random stranger abductions are incredibly rare. Carjackers ditching a car a few blocks away and keeping a child even rarer. In fact, I can't think of a single case in which a carjacker found an unexpected child in the back seat and didn't release the child within a few hours.

Johnson says Lane has fully cooperated with searches and even gave consent to authorities to search his home. "Instead they want to go in with guns draws and cameras rolling," said Johnson. "If they want access, we'll give them whatever they want."

I find it incredibly odd Mr. Lanes attorney is focusing on how LE searched his clients home, rather than calmly stating we are aware LE has to rule out my client so they can focus on other avenues. We are working diligently to do so in order to find Bianca.... Come on, we are talking about a MISSING CHILD here, and Johnson's main focus is on how searches of the childs parents homes are being conducted?

"I pray that the people who did this they just panicked," said Lane

They panicked, or YOU panicked Mr. Lane? Me thinks this tidbit about panicking is one of those bits of truth seeping out in D'Andres 'story'.

Time to come clean and tell LE the truth about what happened to Bianca and where she is.

JMO

I would imagine it would depend on the bus? Some of the city buses contain very large windows and the drivers sit up close to the windshields. Buses also tend to sit higher off the ground sort of like a semi and I imagine may provide an exellent view of a rear seat.

What has been on my mind is the fact that the car was found so quickly. I dont recall it being mentioned if the child seat was in the car or not when they located it.

If they found the car abandon within 10 minutes after reported (pretty fast IMO), and she was indeed in that car when it was left at the spot, there had to be someone waiting to pick "them" up?

They had to get that seat out of the car and transfer it to another vehicle or take it and walk away?

Was the location the car was found a desolate place or might someone have seen something? Like the witness reported today?

I would imagine it would depend on the bus? Some of the city buses contain very large windows and the drivers sit up close to the windshelds. Buses also tend to sit higher off the ground sort of like a semi and I imagine may provide an exellent view of a rear seat.

What has been on my mind is the fact that the car was found so quickly. I dont recall it being mentioned if the child seat was in the car or not when they located it.

If they found the car abandon within 10 minutes after reported (pretty fast IMO), and she was indeed in that car when it was left at the spot, there had to be someone waiting to pick "them" up?

They had to get that seat out of the car and transfer it to another vehicle or take it and walk away?

Was the location the car was found a desolate place or might someone have seen something? Like the witness reported today?

IIRC the car seat was found in D'Andres running vehicle. Remember he stated two men where in the 'red boxy car'? So in DL's mind it probably made sense that one of the occupants of the little red boxy car followed the carjacker in his car stolen car to the alley, and then they took out little Bianca and drove off with her, without a child car seat, in that little red boxy car that he could not describe (not even a similiar make or model). The only thing missing to DL's story is the ransom note. (stuck to the window with chewing gum). :rolleyes:

jmo

I would imagine it would depend on the bus? Some of the city buses contain very large windows and the drivers sit up close to the windshields. Buses also tend to sit higher off the ground sort of like a semi and I imagine may provide an exellent view of a rear seat.

I have been looking at Bus routes all morning trying to nail down a place/time when this ddot driver could have seen him in the alley...

Anyone want to help?

http://www.detroitmi.gov/Department...ation/PocketSchedules/tabid/1255/Default.aspx

Here is the map again:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205154712477924458248.0004b35d480e4acff942f&msa=0

I am thinking it was the #36 route is as close as I can find...im still looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie