Sheriff Gore – uttering threats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was first mentioned at the SDSO press conference, and the witness (Mary) stated that said she seemed troubled in January and LE said her personal journal for that time backed up that witness. I would say that it being a personal journal and quoted in the media as extensive there is alot of personal feelings and stories contained there in. IMO this could be what Anne Bremner meant when she said
"The personal info to which [Gore] refers doesn't even pertain to Rebecca. He erroneously believes it does. A result, again, of an inadequate investigation."
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/12/rebecca_zahau_suicide_case_reo.php

and when the Sheriff's spokesperson said
"We wanted to state in the strongest possible terms to Miss Bremner some of the materials contained (in the case files) are exceedingly sensitive and personal," wrote Sheriff's spokesperson Jan Caldwell. "We will not release material we would rather keep confidential, unless compelled to do so in response to unfounded or inaccurate assertions."
Hi Salem! :seeya:
I was reading through these last few posts again, and it struck me that Gore must know exactly to whom any "exceedingly sensitive and personal" information belongs, and it isn't Rebecca. But because Rebecca's family has requested a review of his investigation, and the law says they are entitled to his files and the information they contain, the (3-legged) table turns and now it's his own *advertiser censored* on the line, since if (read when) any exceedingly sensitive information, which he has just disclosed in defense of his office's "science" and conclusions, shows up in public, bare of spin and sans kool-aid, to embarrass any of his great good friends and/or campaign contributors with the straight dope on Rebecca's death, as well as who knows what sorts of other juicy and (perhaps irrelevant...and potentially even salacious) details, it'll be Gore standing there, holding the bag.

(Man! That ^ is one LONG sentence! I do hope it made sense, because dinner is burning (and late) and my Christmas lights are halfway up and everything and everybody is
e020.gif
waiting for me to get off the damned laptop.)

Are you suggesting that two Zahaus = twice the liability for Maxie's accident? :waitasec:

If so, I would hope that Rebecca's sister is guarded closely. Because IMO she would be in danger too.

THEORY:
IF a wealthy, highly placed individual were into a fringe sexual practice such as Asian Bondage (which might involve taking pictures of the activity and storing them on a device seized by SDSO) and this proclivity was known by close associates of said person (with an axe to grind), what better way to set them up than to stage a murder to look like some version of what they thought was going on (sorry for the run-on sentence)?

Two possibilities: 1) Framed person simply lets it go because to do otherwise would only expose them further and cause more damage (and not bring back the dead) or 2) turn the offender/s in to the police and have their entire life exposed and ruined even further.....especially if the person had knowledge of the legal system and exactly how all this would play out. This is the only thing I can rationalize as the basis for Gore's threat. Rebecca would be exposed as participating in this activity with JS, and the pictures would be of her....not him. Wouldn't be good PR for anybody but would look especially bad for Rebecca. It was mentioned on Hinky Meter that the knots are not 'expert', nor the quality performed by true 'artists' of this genre. Well, that is true, and if someone who really didn't know much about it were trying to make it look that way I expect that is exactly the way it would turn out.

JS wouldn't do this IMO - points directly back at him. :lipssealed:

AS? :dunno:?

D-:whistle:/N-:footinmouth:?

Perhaps I'm missing someone else with motive.....

Just my take on the statement by AB from defense101's link:

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/12/rebecca_zahau_suicide_case_reo.php
Bremner says she considers the letter a threat to back off. Ironically, she says, "The personal info to which [Gore] refers doesn't even pertain to Rebecca. He erroneously believes it does. A result, again, of an inadequate investigation."

IMO.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/

I am a newbie to websleuths and don't have as much knowledge of le protocol. I looked on the Coronado le website, and saw a whole page of links dedicated to this case. What I find strange is that they have a FAQ link about this case, explaining some of their findings. Is this normal protocol? Do most le do this once an investigation is closed? Seems like they are putting way too much effort into making it seem like they have this iron clad theory. If they have no worries or concerns about their investigation, why bother with this? Seems to me it just adds more fuel to the media fire. If they at so sure about their theory of suicide, why do they feel like they need to justify every detail that comes out in the media? But like I said, alot of you have more knowledge about le protocol than I do.

Hi Salem! :seeya:
I was reading through these last few posts again, and it struck me that Gore must know exactly to whom any "exceedingly sensitive and personal" information belongs, and it isn't Rebecca. But because Rebecca's family has requested a review of his investigation, and the law says they are entitled to his files and the information they contain, the (3-legged) table turns and now it's his own *advertiser censored* on the line, since if (read when) any exceedingly sensitive information, which he has just disclosed in defense of his office's "science" and conclusions, shows up in public, bare of spin and sans kool-aid, to embarrass any of his great good friends and/or campaign contributors with the straight dope on Rebecca's death, as well as who knows what sorts of other juicy and (perhaps irrelevant...and potentially even salacious) details, it'll be Gore standing there, holding the bag.

(Man! That ^ is one LONG sentence! I do hope it made sense, because dinner is burning (and late) and my Christmas lights are halfway up and everything and everybody is
e020.gif
waiting for me to get off the damned laptop.)

I completely agree. I think that whatever personal info he would have released about rz, it was probably the *advertiser censored* on the computer. But since ab released that info, there is nothing else he could have. IMO, if there was anything really sinister in rz's past, it would have been released to the media, just as the shoplifting was.

THEORY:
IF a wealthy, highly placed individual were into a fringe sexual practice such as Asian Bondage (which might involve taking pictures of the activity and storing them on a device seized by SDSO) and this proclivity was known by close associates of said person (with an axe to grind), what better way to set them up than to stage a murder to look like some version of what they thought was going on (sorry for the run-on sentence)?

Two possibilities: 1) Framed person simply lets it go because to do otherwise would only expose them further and cause more damage (and not bring back the dead) or 2) turn the offender/s in to the police and have their entire life exposed and ruined even further.....especially if the person had knowledge of the legal system and exactly how all this would play out. This is the only thing I can rationalize as the basis for Gore's threat. Rebecca would be exposed as participating in this activity with JS, and the pictures would be of her....not him. Wouldn't be good PR for anybody but would look especially bad for Rebecca. It was mentioned on Hinky Meter that the knots are not 'expert', nor the quality performed by true 'artists' of this genre. Well, that is true, and if someone who really didn't know much about it were trying to make it look that way I expect that is exactly the way it would turn out.

JS wouldn't do this IMO - points directly back at him. :lipssealed:

AS? :dunno:?

D-:whistle:/N-:footinmouth:?

Perhaps I'm missing someone else with motive.....

Just my take on the statement by AB from defense101's link:

IMO.

I think all of this is entirely possible. I hate to say this, but I've suspected for a while that Jonah is not involved directly in any murder. Even if not, he could have known Dina and Nina were upset and trying to contact Rebecca. He may have known when Ada, texted him that Rebecca could have been or was murdered and why he never went back to the house. Else, maybe Dina said, Hey sorry, it's your turn to be at the hospital and I'm not letting you out of it? The other three, however, have become more suspect in my mind.

Is Dina's only alibi that they did not see her leave the parking lot? Or? I tend to believe the eye witness who says they say her outside the mansion that night. Nina calling and there too. Too coincidental when Rebecca died sometime after she talked to her sister, never responded to the claimed voice mail, screams heard, etc. I tend to think D & N were progressively whipped up into a frenzy over Max's death and that started immediately, was fueled by the doctor's opinion about Max and past hatred. All those hours away from the hospital for Dina? As for Adam ... sorry but his actions and 911 call are just too far from the norm and callous/cold.

I was just surfing the net looking for any updates on if ab got the go ahead by the le to go into the mansion to do their own investigation and I came across this forum. Anyone els see this? Please look. I was reading thru some of threads....completely anti rz. Creepy to me. Makes me wonder who started it?

http://lefthandedkitten.freeforums.org/rebecca-zahau-case-f5.html

If that was the case it would have been appropriate to take that action before the killing of RZ. MOO It is also possible that underage members of JS's family were present too. No one has proven that they were not there, definitively.

Quite the opposite in fact, since Rebecca's phone had their flight leaving at 1 pm, and seriously, who was the family taxi service, maid, babysitter etc.

I'm going by the report and interpretation from a physician friend. Max would have survived the fall if he had been given cpr immediately, in his opinion.

Your physician friend, as it has been pointed out numerous times, did not and was not involved, or present during the autopsy in any way, shape or form. I would say that makes it an opinion only, which I have several physicians I know and work with who have stated the exact opposite of your statement. This includes trauma doctors, an ME, and pediatricians.

I think Max's death is highly suspicious and there are questions that HAVE to be answered. Starting with the out and out lie that the children left at half past sunrise.

CPR, performed properly, does keep the blood circulating despite the lack of heartbeat. I don't believe RZ performed CPR. The AR does not state that there were witnesses to her giving CPR.

JMO

Beliefs are one thing, facts yet another. Max's fall was unwitnessed making immediate cpr impossible. Rebecca was witnessed giving cpr to Max. She must have been more than competent, since a LE officer, who is trained and required to be a first responder, allowed her to keep performing cpr and didn't take over.

Also cor is now only compressions, leaving Rebecca's mouth free to scream, cry or utter any words she felt at the time. FACTS!

I was just surfing the net looking for any updates on if ab got the go ahead by the le to go into the mansion to do their own investigation and I came across this forum. Anyone els see this? Please look. I was reading thru some of threads....completely anti rz. Creepy to me. Makes me wonder who started it?

This is creepto grando! A LOT of posters are kitten, kat etc names. I think it is one or two posters with a split personality, entertaining themselves. CREEPY!

I saw that a while back.... at least one of the people, or the only one, who started that continually posts negative stuff about Rebecca. I think they have been for months. Lots of that kind of stuff on Patch from same posters. You might take a clue from the title of the blog and the word 'sick'. Makes you wonder.

Hi, time! High time!
g035.gif
Sorry.

Hi, Brit! Welcome to Rebecca's forum!

I tend to agree with you, time, that Jonah didn't "murder" Rebecca. I doubt he's the kind of guy who handles his personal affairs so directly. He seems like more of a director to me (albeit a passive/aggressive one) He won't be run by his passions (pft...:floorlaugh: ) <strike that> feelings the same way he wouldn't follow another person's lead: no control. He controls (things/people/business) because the people he surrounds himself with give it to him. He doesn't project a hands-on sort of personal strength, to me.

I think Jonah is the kind of man who manipulates. Who stirs pots. Who whispers and infers and expects, but never actually asks anything of anybody, for any reason. You should know/do/be/say (whatever it is). If you loved him (he believes) you wouldn't have to be told (whatever). You'd just know, do, and be that. If you don't, fine. You're done. I think Jonah bestows his favor upon what pleases him as easily as he withholds it from what doesn't, probably without uttering so much as a syllable. And, I think the people in his life think he really is "all that", because he wouldn't have it any other way.

But that's just my take on Jonah. MOO. I've never met the man, don't know any zillionaires, and don't do facial injections of any shape, color or flavor.

HAving said all that, I believe Rebecca died because she knew this man. He owns some responsibility for both deaths, no matter how they came about; he should have assured their safety in his home. I'm fuzzy as to what else I think he's guilty of, but I do think he must be. I'm sorry his son died, but I just don't trust him.

@costal and time:

Agreed! With everything you both said! I don't think JS would dirty his hands in this fashion. BUT he had to know how pi$$ed off other people were. I think his major failure in both Max and Rebecca's deaths was failing to PROTECT both of them from clearly foreseeable (but very different) circumstances. But once the deeds were done, what is the point of exposing himself further? Won't bring either of them back and will expose ALOT more dirty laundry to tell what he knows and bring the killer/s to 'justice'. So much dirty laundry it might even tank his already teetering business - certainly don't want that to happen. Better to just play along and act outraged at the injustice - IMO of course. Couldn't guess that all these rag-tag citizens would be outraged over the treatment of 'a girl'......

FWIW, I really don't think AS was involved past finding her. I think he flunked the LDT because he knew (or suspected) who was responsible. I imagine him - pipes cleaned, still fuzzy from sleeping pills (for all we know this is his usual routine) and coffeeless when BAM - there she is. He may sleep soundly enough not to hear a freight train passing and slept through the murder but was forced to make several decisions and perform several actions while still half asleep once he found her. I think that MIGHT account for the strange 911 call. If he has a 'problem' I imagine that was well known within the family which would have made him a perfect patsy. IMO.

Yes, Brit, that gives new meaning to the phrase "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" except 'ladies' wouldn't say the crap they do. :seeya:

Yes, Brit, that gives new meaning to the phrase "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" except 'ladies' wouldn't say the crap they do. :seeya:
My name is coastal and I
f038.gif
read every word at that site last night. I admit I was powerless to stop, even though the Bolshoi was dancing "The Nutcracker" in the very next room and I knew I should. I have a screaming headache and no more wisdom.
f040.gif

f047.gif
I need a meeting.

I am glad that the Zahau attorneys also want to investigate max's accident if they are able to get into the mansion because I feel as though that will lead to some answers in Rebecca's murder. Early on, I believe it was stated that js was jogging to the gym the morning of max's accident. I wonder if this was his usual routine? Although I feel like Rebecca had nothing to do with max's fall, there were a few different versions of what happened that Rebecca had apparently told different people....ie, max saying "ocean" when the dr's said it was most likely impossible for him to have said anything, and what she supposedly told nr about max having cardiac arrest on the stairs and collapsing. I wonder if she was told to say these things to cover up what might have really happened. Although I really believe that what happened to the little boy must've been a terrible accident. Jmo.

There are really hateful things that are posted on that site. Seems very personal and full of rage and hate. It's really creepy and bizaare to think of someone spending so much time and energy on that.

My name is coastal and I
f038.gif
read every word at that site last night. I admit I was powerless to stop, even though the Bolshoi was dancing "The Nutcracker" in the very next room and I knew I should. I have a screaming headache and no more wisdom.
f040.gif

f047.gif
I need a meeting.

:floorlaugh:

You poor thing! You read the WHOLE THING? Do we need to do an intervention?

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Hi, time! High time!
g035.gif
Sorry.

Hi, Brit! Welcome to Rebecca's forum!

I tend to agree with you, time, that Jonah didn't "murder" Rebecca. I doubt he's the kind of guy who handles his personal affairs so directly. He seems like more of a director to me (albeit a passive/aggressive one) He won't be run by his passions (pft...:floorlaugh: ) <strike that> feelings the same way he wouldn't follow another person's lead: no control. He controls (things/people/business) because the people he surrounds himself with give it to him. He doesn't project a hands-on sort of personal strength, to me.

I think Jonah is the kind of man who manipulates. Who stirs pots. Who whispers and infers and expects, but never actually asks anything of anybody, for any reason. You should know/do/be/say (whatever it is). If you loved him (he believes) you wouldn't have to be told (whatever). You'd just know, do, and be that. If you don't, fine. You're done. I think Jonah bestows his favor upon what pleases him as easily as he withholds it from what doesn't, probably without uttering so much as a syllable. And, I think the people in his life think he really is "all that", because he wouldn't have it any other way.

But that's just my take on Jonah. MOO. I've never met the man, don't know any zillionaires, and don't do facial injections of any shape, color or flavor.

HAving said all that, I believe Rebecca died because she knew this man. He owns some responsibility for both deaths, no matter how they came about; he should have assured their safety in his home. I'm fuzzy as to what else I think he's guilty of, but I do think he must be. I'm sorry his son died, but I just don't trust him.

I get a different sense, both that he is incredibly controlling but when he snaps, his rage knows no boundaries. This is why he has a domestic violence history with multiple women. He hasn't been able to keep it in check before. Since he doesn't seem to have had any court-ordered therapy, there's no reason to think this relationship was different.

If so, I would hope that Rebecca's sister is guarded closely. Because IMO she would be in danger too.

Did you know that JS regularly was texting XZ after her sisters death? This information came from the family. When they asked, then later told JS to stop texting XZ, he just continued on. How sick, controlling and weird is that?

@costal and time:

Agreed! With everything you both said! I don't think JS would dirty his hands in this fashion. BUT he had to know how pi$$ed off other people were. I think his major failure in both Max and Rebecca's deaths was failing to PROTECT both of them from clearly foreseeable (but very different) circumstances. But once the deeds were done, what is the point of exposing himself further? Won't bring either of them back and will expose ALOT more dirty laundry to tell what he knows and bring the killer/s to 'justice'. So much dirty laundry it might even tank his already teetering business - certainly don't want that to happen. Better to just play along and act outraged at the injustice - IMO of course. Couldn't guess that all these rag-tag citizens would be outraged over the treatment of 'a girl'......

FWIW, I really don't think AS was involved past finding her. I think he flunked the LDT because he knew (or suspected) who was responsible. I imagine him - pipes cleaned, still fuzzy from sleeping pills (for all we know this is his usual routine) and coffeeless when BAM - there she is. He may sleep soundly enough not to hear a freight train passing and slept through the murder but was forced to make several decisions and perform several actions while still half asleep once he found her. I think that MIGHT account for the strange 911 call. If he has a 'problem' I imagine that was well known within the family which would have made him a perfect patsy. IMO.

So, just curious, but who in the heck was accessing *advertiser censored* on the computers in the mansion, after Rebecca died? Remember that unlocked door? How do we know AS actually took sleeping pills regularly, or did that night? Because he stated he did? Sorry, not nearly enough proof for me. I think AS is up to his eyeballs in this mess, if for no other reason than JS has been allowed to be arrogant, demanding and 'overly persuasive' when it comes to having things 'his way'. And WHERE is Adam bye the way?

IWK, you know I admire your brilliance, I just can't comprehend AS or JS being totally innocent or unknowing concerning the murder, prior to the incident.

I get a different sense, both that he is incredibly controlling but when he snaps, his rage knows no boundaries. This is why he has a domestic violence history with multiple women. He hasn't been able to keep it in check before. Since he doesn't seem to have had any court-ordered therapy, there's no reason to think this relationship was different.

Bingo!! That and the fact that his brother AS felt it was important to lie to his landlord as to his whereabouts, prior to leaving for Coronado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23