17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a point in the Bond Hearing where GZ's female attorney put a manila folder to her face and whispered to O'mara...I need to go back and see if this was during the testimony about the funds.

I see GZ is not in the courtroom. That's just all kinds of wrong to me.

Indigent status will be gone in a moment...

At the bond hearing the Z's claim they didn't know WHO was monitoring that site or how much money was donated...I believe it's been said that RZ,Jr. had been monitoring this site and wonder why the court didn't have him testify at the bond hearing about it...

Now I don't listen to the TH's on this for they are defending GZ's use of this for 'living' expenses..h'e never hidden it...HOGWASH...if the brother is monitoring that site, the absolutely knew and withheld it from the court and his attorney...

I believe GZ and his family are and will misrepresent him and anything on him..they don't give a straight answser on the realgeorgezimmerman site..I hope it bites them in the butt....:jail:

Orlando Sentinel ‏ @orlandosentinel

Close

RT @OSTrayvonMartin: BREAKING: Special Prosecutor in #GeorgeZimmerman case wants gag order on atty #MarkOMara. http://bit.ly/I9WrM6

Remember, this is supposed to be about the unsealing of records. I wouldn't think he would need to be there for that.

I really hope they get the records unsealed. I want to read all the reports, evidence for myself.

Remember, this is supposed to be about the unsealing of records. I wouldn't think he would need to be there for that.

Agreed, but now it also about the money. That's going to be an issue if MO'M was stressing about it last night.

Lawyer will disclose $200K at Zimmerman hearing
Updated at 08:11 AM today

Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- George Zimmerman's attorney said his client's bail might have been set higher if a judge had known about $200,000 raised by a website and that only came to light this week.

Mark O'Mara said on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 that he only learned about the money Wednesday and will inform a judge at a hearing Friday.

Zimmerman, who has been charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was released from jail this week after paying 10 percent of $150,000 bail.

more
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=8638642

I believe if this was disclosed at the bond hearing, GZ would have had a higher bond. It appeared to me this judge was sympathetic towards GZ and the family of 'limited' funds....what's hidden in the dark will certainly come to light...and in the light it is today...

:banghead:

He is exempt from state INCOME tax in Florida, because Florida DOES NOT have an INCOME tax, just like Texas. SALES tax is an entirely different animal. He would have to use the money in Florida to have to pay SALES tax on the items he purchased. The only TAX he might have to pay in FLORIDA is, if he owns any, PROPERTY tax.

If the donations to his defense fund are considered income, of course he will have to pay FEDERAL INCOME tax, but in my opinion, and until a certified accountant or IRS employee says otherwise, the donations to his defense fund are going to be classified as gifts, therefore non Federal taxable.

If a resident of Florida appeared on a game show, they would be required to pay taxes on any prizes they win. The IRS has people onsite at game shows for exactly that reason. The IRS also has very specific rules on the amount of a gift. It may be that amounts under a certain amount may not have to claimed but the sum total of the gift is taxable.

Texas didn't have income tax when I lived there but I was not tax exempt. I paid sales tax in every city. There is a very specific definition of tax exempt and it doesn't involve where you live.

Interesting the body language between MOM and the prosecution team this morning.

LOL, the mic's on at the ClickOrlando site....

Remember in the OTHER Orlando case...we didn't want to tip them off when that happened. The code was Everybody Remain Seated or The Stinky Squirrel Strikes at Midnight!

ETA: Or was it remain standing? :waitasec: anyway you can sometimes hear some very entertaining things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie