LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an anime convention, previous anime conventions have been held there in Lafayette. The con was called Louisianime. Their Facebook page says it was held at the Hilton Lafayette, the one located on W. Pinhook Rd. Louisianime's website is down, but I believe you can contact them through their Facebook page.

I do not really expect any foul play involved with the convention, but I just figured since it took place the same weekend it was worth checking out.

My son used to be really into anime when he was in high school. He went to a couple of Anime-Expos and said they were 'pretty weird' overall. lol

I would see the potential for some weird potential perps, but I think most of the people were probably at the hotel and without cars. I am thinking more suspiciously of the new carnival in town, since the crew was just arriving that night, and not having to work the carnival yet.

And that truck is travelling in the opposite direction at the same site, by the circle K!

ETA: Oh I see now it's a different white truck, not the same as the first one.
From the way the article is worded it's apparently the same truck.

The chevy Z71 doesn't have rear door handles though.

ETA: Never mind, I just re-googled it and found some that do, so maybe it is the same truck!

I'd like to hear more about that area where the police tape was going up.

I never commented or posted my impressions of BW's interview simply because I'm local and sensed it might be a bad idea to introduce my thoughts on that so early in the case.

But now that he's been factually eliminated, I feel comfortable sharing my gut reaction to the interview.

His demeanor did strike me as odd, compared to all the other family/friend interviews I've watched in other cases. But in my mind, odd did not equate guilty. Just odd, something to take note of as the case unfolds. Sometimes, odd will creep higher on my suspicion scale if other puzzle pieces seem to match in time. Other times, odd will simply remain odd.

In any case, I go with the flow of my instinct and logic. And, sadly, if that leads me to spend more time speculating on a friend or family member, as unpleasant as it is, I go with it. After all, only the victim knows exactly who, where, when, and why. I think most of us are most concerned with giving the victim a voice and justice, no matter how unpleasant some theories may be.

My two cents...

Now that you've brought it up - :eek: - who was MS's last phone call from and could that person have picked her up along her route?

"The first truck drove from the area that Mickey had traveled.
It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows.
The second truck is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street.
The third vehicle is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel."
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...estigation?odyssey=mod|breaking|img|FRONTPAGE

I believe it is 3 separate vehicles, two white trucks and a car. I believe we have two images of one truck, going the opposite direction of MS and one image of another white truck heading the same direction.

We have to figure out if it's the same white truck or not. If it's the same truck it didn't have it's bed cover on to begin with and then it did - so that's not good.

It's also interesting to note that the Chevy Silverado (Z71) is the same vehicle as a GMC Sierra, which is the truck in the description by the woman who said she was picked up by while on her bike.

It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows.
The second truck is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street.
The third vehicle is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel."
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...estigation?odyssey=mod|breaking|img|FRONTPAGE

I believe it is 3 separate vehicles, two white trucks and a car. I believe we have two images of one truck, going the opposite direction of MS and one image of another white truck heading the same direction.

That does appear to be be what they're saying...3 separate vehicle (and therefore 2 different white trucks)

Detectives have provided an updated picture of the initial vehicle of interest and the pictures of two additional vehicles that were in the area during the same time frame when Mickey Shunick was last captured on surveillance footage.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120526/NEWS01/120526004

Two truck picks side-by-side. Notice in the one traveling the same direction MS was the dark car is at the gas pump on left side and the light color car is not there yet ... same as when MS passed the station. The light car is there when the truck (assuming it's the same truck) comes back toward University in the left turn lane.

34ez5o1.jpg

I don't believe that a girl who carries her mace with her would ever get into a stranger's vehicle for any reason at all.

But why no sign at all of a struggle?? This is so bizarre.

Yikes, actually I've made some pretty bold statements regarding that case that I don't know if they are justified or not. That's a tough one and one day I'm sure of (insert theory) and the next day I'm uncertain again. :waitasec: How are they ever going to solve that case? (rhetorical ?)
I think we should leave the bad mojo from that case farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from this case unless there is something definitive to connect them. That case will make you want to take a long walk on a short pier trying to make sense of the tiniest detail.

If I were to make a hasty elimination, I'd mark off the car. Don't think a bike would fit in it.

Id certainly consider the truck with bedcover first.

How difficult/easy is it to get a bedcover open/closed? What's the quickest it can be done?

Now that you've brought it up - :eek: - who was MS's last phone call from and could that person have picked her up along her route?

As far as I know, the last person to talk to her, on the phone, was her girl friend (Ashley?) while Mickey was at Taco Bell or eating at Brettly's. I would think the Verizon records would provide the call records and, maybe, the exact time the phone was turned off.

Hello all, I am a local student at ULL who happens to live not even two blocks from which MS was last see on video. And let me say, I, a 22 year old capable male, will think twice before traveling the streets near my house. It is very sad and surreal to know that this can happen in OUR neighborhood.

I am a frequent customer at the Circle K where MS was last seen on the camera of the Consolidated Gov building. I suppose that there is another camera at the Martin & Castille funeral home on the corner of St. Mary and St. Landry. Let me just add that further passed the funeral home is in fact a conspicuous poorly lit and desolate area. The two pictures of vehicles on St. Landry appear to be the same truck to me, and if it is, then there might really be something to go on.

I don't believe that a girl who carries her mace with her would ever get into a stranger's vehicle for any reason at all.

But why no sign at all of a struggle?? This is so bizarre.

Agreed that no way in hell did she go with anyone willingly.

If I were to make a hasty elimination, I'd mark off the car. Don't think a bike would fit in it.

Agreed, though they very well may have seen something - any info about her whereabouts past that intersection would be useful, since we know nothing beyond there. By the looks of the car, it's likely a lower-income person (around that area of town, very possibly a person of color) who may well have either not heard about things (if you don't have the internet, it's possible) or who is afraid to come forward because they're afraid they'll be pegged as the killer based on the color of their skin or their income (this is the deep south, after all, and some old attitudes die hard on both sides of the racism/classism fence).

Id certainly consider the truck with bedcover first.

How difficult/easy is it to get a bedcover open/closed? What's the quickest it can be done?
'I think some of them are locked from the top, with a key being used to open it.

Also, those two trucks do not seem similar to me. Mostly because there is no cover on the bed in the one going the opposite direction, and it would have been found by now if it was discarded.

The article is poorly written and doesn't help to clarify anything about the vehicles.

-------------------------------------------Article from 5/26/12, 5:37PM

The third vehicle is an 80's or 90's 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel."

----------------------------------------------

Useless imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members