CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know anything about a boyfriend? Anything about her friends? Have they been interviewed?
Phone records/computer records?
Has anyone but her parents said anything?

Oh no...not another young woman missing from the San Diego area. There is definitely a predator out there. I was so sorry to see this story in our news this morning.
I just now stumbled across this thread. My first thought was that Escondido is not far from there. Amber Du Boise (sp?) 'went missing' from Escondido just a tiny bit over a year ago.

I'm sorry everyone, I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet, (I will do so now), but I also worry that there is a predator there, and that possibly Chelsea and Amber may have been abducted by the same person/ people.

It just struck me that her Ipod was in her car. I wonder -- was it a big Ipod or an Ipod touch (i.e., the sort that you carry in your car because you can plug into your car stereo)? Or was it a Shuffle (the sort that you listen to while working out)? If so, is it Chelsea's practice to usually listen to an Ipod while she runs?

If the answer is yes, wouldn't this be a good indicator that something happened to her in the parking lot, perhaps as she was getting out of (or back into) her car?

I know this is a pretty obvious thought. But it occurs to me that this question (about whether she listens to music when she runs) should be asked NOT of her parents but of regular park visitors who might have seen her on running the trails on other days. Everyone knows it's not safe to listen to an Ipod when you're out in public -- effectively rendering yourself deaf is not a good security measure. But I see joggers doing it all the time. It strikes me as the sort of thing a daughter, thinking her parents are being overly paranoid, might lie about, to spare them worry. ("You're not listening to that Ipod when you're out running, are you?" "Of course not, Mom! Don't worry, I'm super careful when I'm out there alone!")

Door to door canvasing has begun to expand throughout the Westwood neighborhoods. This is logical move. Everone in the area should sit down and reflect on where they were Thursday afternoon, where they drove and walked, who and what they saw. Anthing could be a possible lead.

...is it Chelsea's practice to usually listen to an Ipod while she runs?

If the answer is yes, wouldn't this be a good indicator that something happened to her in the parking lot, perhaps as she was getting out of (or back into) her car?

I definitely think this is a good point and one that I have thought about. As a former cross country runner for MCHS, I think I can shed some light on this idea. Most coaches ask their runners to train without the use of their ipods and mp3 players because runner's are not permitted to use them while racing, so using them while training may affect their racing performance (if for instance you get "pumped" by songs at certain points during a run). Therefore, I don't think it would be necessarily strange that Chelsea left her iPod in the car.

8_64_022810_King8.jpg

Not much that we havent already heard in this update but it is nice to know they are working thru the night looking for her as the artcle reports divers worked all night on searching Lake Hodges

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...fter-routine-jog/story-e6frfkui-1225835413339

Door to door canvasing has begun to expand throughout the Westwood neighborhoods. This is logical move. Everone in the area should sit down and reflect on where they were Friday afternoon, where they drove and walked, who and what they saw. Anthing could be a possible lead.

If you live anywhere CLOSE to the surrounding area and have a video surveillance system, check your backups for all activity beginning Thursday at (or even just before) 2 p.m. I'm already reviewing cameras that point towards the street and natural areas behind our property, looking for anything unusual.

If you live anywhere CLOSE to the surrounding area and have a video surveillance system, check your backups for all activity beginning Thursday at (or even just before) 2 p.m. I'm already reviewing cameras that point towards the street and natural areas behind our property, looking for anything unusual.

Thats a very good idea...I would suggest that people even view motion picked up over the last few days/nights before she dissappeared in the event a mountain lion has been lurking around. They are known to stalk their prey and if they are hungry they may be even closer to residents than people think looking for small cats or dogs.

Chelsea and Amber physically seem quite similar. Even the age range- just 3 yrs apart.

I think it seems most likely that Chelsea was abducted from the parking lot.

With the lack of evidence and the inability to locate Chelsea at some point the investigation will have to focus on her family. It happens all the time in cases. Good people are often under the suspicion light I hope it does not come to that and that she is found soon but as time keeps ticking the outcome is not looking good.

This would be a logical assumption and probably why we should be seeing LE assets being peeled off the primary search site starting COB today.

LE in these types of cases are not apt to tunnel vision when it comes to potential scenarios. Peripheral vision is always an advantage. Human nature naturally drives sometimes very uncharacteristic behaviors on the part of both victims and suspects. So any scenario here is possible. What helps shrink possibilities is evidence - both physical and testimonial.

I believe that if Bill keeps his assets primarily in the original search zone (and not expanding out), he has some indication (evidence) that she is in there. Could go back to something like the reported shoe discovery maybe. Could be something else.

That said, we should all assume nothing and continue our vigilance.

With the lack of evidence and the inability to locate Chelsea at some point the investigation will have to focus on her family. It happens all the time in cases. Good people are often under the suspicion light I hope it does not come to that and that she is found soon but as time keeps ticking the outcome is not looking good.

As unpopular as it might appear, family members, friends and associates in these cases are always initial people of interest. LE usually will try to knock them out as suspects as early as possible so that they can focus their resources elsewhere.

Not to say it's not a possible scenario, just that it is among the top of the list of LE leads at the start of an investigation like this.

Hello everyone,

Pardon a "newbie" for butting into the conversation, but I just read on another forum that a Sports Bra and other clothing items have been found. If true, it doesn't look good for this young woman.
I truly pray that by some miracle she's found alive!

Hello everyone,

Pardon a "newbie" for butting into the conversation, but I just read on another forum that a Sports Bra and other clothing items have been found. If true, it doesn't look good for this young woman.
I truly pray that by some miracle she's found alive!

KF,

Can you point us to the source of this info? This could be an example of the evidence I mentioned in a previous post.

Yes. I'm not sure I can mention the name of the other board but it's the former Court TV forum.

I think this is the post.

[ame="http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showpost.php?p=13910230&postcount=25"]In Session Message Boards - View Single Post - Chelsea King, 17, San Diego, 2/25[/ame]

It does occur to me though that we should not rule out her deciding to take a route that doesn't "make sense," as it were. After all, if she ran into somebody on the trail who gave her a creepy feeling, she might have made a deliberate decision to head in the opposite direction of that person. (Just a thought!)

This is a good point as I've actually done this a few times before. Even when I have my dog with me, I've veered off when someone didn't feel "right". I've done this on the trail as well as when I'm walking in the neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021