Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's feasible that he did wear his uniform. The reason I suspect he didn't is because of the risk of damaging it during a struggle and the possibility of contamination by evidence. Those uniforms must be very expensive to replace. Much easier and cheaper to dispose of civilian clothes if necessary.

Also, I still believe that Jessica was caught unaware after she was asleep. If RW broke into her house in the middle of the night (as he allegedly did with the assault victims), he would have been unlikely to be in uniform. It would be so helpful to know if her bed was made or not the following morning (presuming that making it up was her regular habit).

JMO

I don't think he was in uniform either. I think he'd be too easily recognized in a uniform as opposed to civilian clothes, where he could blend in, especially if he was breaking into someone's house at night. I don't live in the the area, so I'm not sure how common it is for members of the military to walk around in uniform when they aren't on the base, if it's the norm or not.

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:
snipped and bbm

This is JMO only - I think LE has more important things to do than make a big show by showing up with trucks. According to media reports (and yes, I know they are not always accurate), the trucks are there for bringing equipement. I would assume that this includes, the power tools, etc. that they are using to cut up the floors, walls, etc. I'm sure they learned there lesson from Bernardo case, and this time they will leave no stone unturned to ensure they have collected everything they need.

I also think because of his post in the Canadian Armed Forces, they will be making sure every single thing is done by the book (especially now because he has retained counsel) to ensure that he doesn't walk on a technicality.

Again, this is just strictly MOO

I should clarify that it is a "big show" when those trucks are parked outside. I hope that means the OPP are actually finding and not just searching fruitlessly. They do have to be very thorough in such a high profile case. I wonder if they have found any substantial evidence.

http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/2010/02/18/colonel-russell-williams-court-belleville.html

Williams, 46, appeared on an-old style 36-inch TV screen before a packed courtroom at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville, Ont., at 10:30 a.m.

Dressed in an orange prison jumpsuit, he walked up to the camera at the Quinte Detention Centre in Napanee, Ont. A pale blue cement wall and a heavy metal door were visible in the background.

A legal representative for Williams requested that his next court appearance be March 25 by video. Justice of the peace Deanne Chappelle agreed. Williams said "thank you," then turned and walked away.

Williams has been charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of Jessica Lloyd, 27, and Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, 38, as well as counts of breaking and entering, forcible confinement and the sexual assault of two other women in Tweed, a small community north of Belleville. Williams was the commander of nearby CFB Trenton.

His brief court appearance Thursday drew about 60 people, leaving standing room only in the courtroom. Two Ontario Provincial Police officers and two Canadian military police officers were present, in addition the the two Belleville police officers typically on duty. The spectators included about a dozen reporters and courtroom sketch artists.

Now this is interesting, according to this article, his lawyer wasn't present, though he sent an articling student. I get that this appearance was strictly standard and nothing would be gleamed from it, though I find it amusing that he sent a student and not an associate:

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/n...ed-in-slayings/article1472693/?service=mobile

I also found this interesting in this article as well (BBM):

Among the spectators and media in the packed courtroom was Air Force Lieut. Tony O'Keeffe, who commands the 1,000-strong cadet military cadet college in Kingston. Outside court Lieut. O'Keeffe said he would be monitoring the criminal proceedings as “the eyes and ears" of the military.

He also said he would be travelling to Quinte later in the day to meet Col. Williams, whom he has known personally for nine years. Lieut. O'Keeffe said he was shocked to the core by the charges.

Isn't that nice? They all know each other personally. Makes me wonder what Joe Grozelle's dad thinks.

This article describes O'Keeffe the military PR man as a "friend" of RW. A friend in PR is an interesting choice:

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/02/18/12929481.html

Williams case back in court in March

Havent't seen this mentioned in the other articles:
Victoria Creighton, representing Williams’ Ottawa-based lawyer, Michael Edelson, told the court she was requesting the matter be adjourned until March 25 as disclosure had yet to be received. Crown Attorney Lee Burgess agreed to the request and Chapelle instructed Williams he would be appearing — by video once again — at the requested date.
Williams was described as “an intellect” by O’Keeffe who also spoke highly of his wife, Mary-Elizabeth Harriman.

“I have spoken with her, briefly. She’s an admirable and remarkable lady. She’s handling things very well, considering, and I would hate to be in her position,” he said.
source : http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2010/02/18/12930861.html

Another victim of Russ Williams/Sovka?

Parents of slain Ontario woman relive pain with news of colonel's arrest

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Parents+slain+Ontario+woman+relive+pain+with+news+colonel+arrest/2558147/story.html#ixzz0fYJIrZhj

Margaret McWilliam, of Deep River, Ont., was 21 years old in 1987 when she was raped and killed while out for a jog in a Scarborough, Ont., park about a half-kilometre from her new Toronto home.

That Deep River connection again!

Col. Williams appears in court with heavy sigh, looking a shadow of former self

more snippets of info I haven't seen in other articles:
dressed in an orange jumpsuit and appearing unshaven. He sauntered toward the camera and stood stooped in front of it, with none of the crispness Canadians are used to seeing from military officers.

He let out a heavy sigh before stating his full name - David Russell Williams - on the record.
Lt. Col. Tony O'Keeffe has known Williams for nine years and said the man on the courtroom screen didn't look like the "compassionate" Williams he knows.

CFB Trenton will hold a ceremony Friday to mark Col. Dave Cochrane officially taking command. Williams will for now continue to be paid as he has not been convicted of any offence, O'Keeffe said.

respectfully snipped and BBM
ALeqM5h1kWzpIGYTvE7DyaJidggyy6dBVQ

Col. Tony O'Keeffe, attending officer and friend to Col.
Russell Williams, speaks to reporters outside the Provincial
Court in Belleville. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Cole Burston

Meanwhile, provincial police continued to search Williams' home in nearby Tweed, Ont. An officer could be seen bringing a large brown paper bag out of the home and using a small camcorder to film inside and outside a shed on the property. By early afternoon two officers left in a forensic identification van, leaving only a couple of officers outside the home guarding the property cordoned off with yellow crime scene tape.

read more : http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gzg_0-bWu5q11fvQRruALmgKbrrw

Here is one for you, that I don't believe I have seen written about in any of the papers, and to be honest I hadn't thought of it before being told.

RW was front and centre at the funeral for Marie. He sat in the front, with the family.

I feel like I want to throw up. Seriously.

Makes me wonder who would have authorized the search zone for the military helicopters that returned from the search for Jessica without seeing anything.

Makes me wonder if Jessica's body was moved at some point. Where was that hunting cabin that the neighbor said RW asked about?

Accused colonel makes brief court appearance
Updated: Thu Feb. 18 2010 16:53:23

CTV VIDEOS

- outside Tweed cottage search
- court appearance/about Lawyer

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100218/colonel_thursday_100218/20100218/?hub=TorontoNewHome

some more CTV VIDEOS

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100211/williams_thursday_100211?hub=TorontoNewHome

Picture of RW mother = mark 1:39 in "CTV Toronto Austin Delaney on the Investigation" video

older CTV VIDEOS:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100209/williams_neighbour_100209/20100209

Makes me wonder who would have authorized the search zone for the military helicopters that returned from the search for Jessica without seeing anything.

Makes me wonder if Jessica's body was moved at some point. Where was that hunting cabin that the neighbor said RW asked about?

I was wondering if that hunting cabin had been searched!

Originally Posted by Summersolstice View Post

I was wondering if that hunting cabin had been searched!

I don't recall reading about a hunting cabin, maybe it was in another article. IMO, Mr. Jones told RW of Cary Rd. area. This is the article I read:
But here he was, this 46-year-old high-achiever, the commander of Canada's largest air force base, suddenly intrigued by Jones's three-hour hunting trip.

Jones humoured him, and told him he was hunting birds. The colonel wanted to know where, exactly where.

Jones, a lifelong Tweed, Ont., resident, told him of the road 10 kilometres away, a place where he and a friend have a hunting camp.

The colonel indicated he had not heard of the road.

Near the golf course, Jones told him and the colonel's eyes flashed with recognition.

"Ya, ya, I know the road," he said. "Good luck with the hunt!"
But the day after his neighbour's arrest, Jones had a startling experience. That day, police set off in a grim convoy to retrieve the corpse of 27-year-old Jessica Lloyd, a Belleville, Ont., woman who had been missing for nearly two weeks.

The police convoy was headed in the direction of Jones's hunting camp.

The colour drained from his face. Williams tried to frame me, Jones recalls thinking. "That son of a *****."
respectfully snipped from article : http://www.canada.com/news/Williams%20neighbour%20struggled%20with%20stigma%20false%20attack%20accusations/2558062/story.html

In an earlier media report, a neighbor of RW in the Orleans district of Ottawa said that the area had experienced numerous break-ins while RW was living there.

It occurred to me that there are any number empty, unoccupied cottages, or hunting camps and recreational properties listed for sale by Tweed-area realtors might have been broken into recently. I would hope that anyone who has experienced a B&E would contact LE, even if all that went missing was some clothing.

Remember the "House Hermit" from Orangeville?

In an earlier media report, a neighbor of RW in the Orleans district of Ottawa said that the area had experienced numerous break-ins while RW was living there.

It occurred to me that there are any number empty, unoccupied cottages, or hunting camps and recreational properties listed for sale by Tweed-area realtors might have been broken into recently. I would hope that anyone who has experienced a B&E would contact LE, even if all that went missing was some clothing.

Remember the "House Hermit" from Orangeville?
I believe they mentioned there were a few B&E with underwear stolen in Fallingbrook, in Orleans ( Ottawa area ).

The night/early morning Jessica was taken was a cold night (-16 C), and I have been wondering WHY did he take her from her home? Was she still alive and taken to another house? I can't imagine him taking her to his own house. Maybe as you say, an empty cottage? A house that the owner only goes to or rents during the summer months?
Then again, maybe Jessica was already dead, and RW took her ONLY to make it look different from his allegedly other crimes.
IMHO, It is becoming more apparent that he changed his MO; this is just speculation on my part, JMO. If that was the case, it worked, since nobody "saw" any connection between the 2 sexual attacks and Marie's murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine