Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone say that maybe her SF's page was not "real"? (I read it some pages back, sorry, can't remember exactly who said it)

Only asking because I just now looked at his page. He "likes" some pretty kind of soft-*advertiser censored* kinda pages (I don't know what else to call them), and "likes" the FDC (Facebook Dating Club) -- I had to look it up, had no idea what that acronym was. He's either a really big (and bad) flirt, or he's a d-o-g.

Either way, I'm wondering how long her mom and SF knew each other before getting married, and how they met.

Here is the post by Bullwinkle (top of p.2) where he/she said they thought some of the SF's friends' sites were not real:

"When I first saw the stepfather's Facebook page, my immediate thought was that he was desperate and naive by making "friends" with women who in at least some cases may not even exist. I'll give one example from his friends list: http://www.facebook.com/mykinkypic?sk=wall. If you go to that page and keep clicking on "Older Posts" at the bottom, you'll see that this page is run by someone who may just be using it to spam people on that page's friends list, or they may be harvesting their email addresses to sell as a list, because real people don't put up a Facebook page about themselves with their real name and their actual pictures and then accept friend requests from thousands of strangers and then never say anything to anyone about anything except for "Join my group!". Those pages are fake."

And I'm also wondering how long the mother knew the SF and how well she knew him, before they married. If she was not aware of his previous and/or current mental problems this may be one reason she is apparently in such shock, beside the fact of Celina being missing. One wonders what is going through her mind about that information. I just hope she is being very forthright and cooperative with the investigators about their background together and his relationships/behavior with her daughters.

This is so frustrating, every time I log into my PC, I expect to see some new news...but alas nothing thus far. I wish her mother would make a statement at least. We are just going around in circles with the lack of evidence that has been released...grrr

Someone above asked about the dogs. They were brought in on the first day.

From what I have read though, only cadaver dogs were brought in to search the water. Has anyone seen anything about tracking dogs? From all I have learned from Sarx, sometimes the right dogs are not brought in. :(

I know it is wishful thinking, but there should be some kind of law that a parent can't take another adult into the home with minor children without doing a background check, just so that if something happens, they can't say they did not know...

(Having no idea whether or not mom in this case knew his background or if it is even relevant to Celina's disappearance, just saying in general...)

I remember reading that dogs were brought in and went as far as the water, maybe that is why they are focusing there.
It said search dogs not cadaver dogs.

This is so frustrating, every time I log into my PC, I expect to see some new news...but alas nothing thus far. I wish her mother would make a statement at least. We are just going around in circles with the lack of evidence that has been released...grrr

I do not undertand why everyone wants to see th mothers statement.
Personally I would not be able to talk because they would have to heavily sedate me to keep me from going over the deep end.
I can never understand it, I just do not see what the mother will say that can make a difference plus LE will tell her what she can not say.
JMO

Yes, looks like dogs were there on Tuesday:

At the peak of the search Tuesday, there were at least three dozen officers, New England police dog handlers and a search and rescue group assisting by water, air and land, including all-terrain vehicle trails in the woods.

"We found no evidence that she had been in that area, and, of course, we have no evidence she is lost as opposed to missing, either," said Lt. Douglas Gralenski, a state Fish and Game official.

"Honestly, we don't know where else we can look," he said. "There's so much that's unknown."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/28/celina-cass-fbi-abduction_n_911807.html

I just do not think it is hinky when parents don't speak. Parents react differently. They are not all like Kyron's mom and dad or Natalie's mom. I learned this mostly through the Isabella Oleschuk case. Her parents were holed up in their house with police tape surrounding them and never once spoke to the media. Isabella was found safe days later, she had run away and was in a barn. MOO

I do not undertand why everyone wants to see th mothers statement.
Personally I would not be able to talk because they would have to heavily sedate me to keep me from going over the deep end.
I can never understand it, I just do not see what the mother will say that can make a difference plus LE will tell her what she can not say.
JMO

Ok, maybe not necessarily mother's...but any info, even a friend of the family, someone who could validate if she was seen during the weekend maybe...anything... If it were my child missing, I hope that sedatives would be the last thing from my mind...finding my baby and helping any way possible with a clear as possible head would be my priority.

A memorial? Doesn't seem like quite the right word to use at this point...

Yeah a collection of gifts for Celina or something like that. A vigil doesn't seem right either because that's more a gathering of people.

Something like Kyron's Wall of Hope.

All past tense as well... "was always smiling."

I would have used present tense.

"There have been vigils now in her disappearance every single night this town has come together..."

I would have said there have been vigils for Celina... or for this girl.

The whole thing is oddly worded. I think it's just him.

Sometimes you wonder if the reporter knows something we don't... but I don't think these LE tell the reporter anything. I think he just words things strangely... or something. But it definitely felt wrong to hear it all past tense.

http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Search_Continues_For_Missing_11-Year-Old_Girl

Ok, maybe not necessarily mother's...but any info, even a friend of the family, someone who could validate if she was seen during the weekend maybe...anything... If it were my child missing, I hope that sedatives would be the last thing from my mind...finding my baby and helping any way possible with a clear as possible head would be my priority.

It is so hard not to have info isn't it? And sometimes I want the family to speak so I can analyze them- their body language, etc. ;)

I think I would act the way you would act- busting my buns and getting info out there! But, for instance, I have a friend who lost her child and while he was missing she was like a zombie. I literally had to wash her hair- she would just sit there and stare blankly into space. She was not able to speak to anyone...

It is so hard not to have info isn't it? And sometimes I want the family to speak so I can analyze them- their body language, etc. ;)

I think I would act the way you would act- busting my buns and getting info out there! But, for instance, I have a friend who lost her child and while he was missing she was like a zombie. I literally had to wash her hair- she would just sit there and stare blankly into space. She was not able to speak to anyone...

I totally understand that sort of reaction. When my teenaged sister was missing, my mom perched on a sofa at home, immersed in prayer and pretty much unable to eat or function. One reason is because she did not want to be away from the home phone (no cells in those days) in case my sister called. Others in the family were spokespersons and errand-runners. (Good outcome, though, as my sister was located two weeks later.)

Sorry, I misread, as I was in a hurry, when I was trying to leave work. I read your statement that you didn't think she could do anything to that child, as she couldn't do anything for that child. BIG difference! I apologize!

I was wondering if you had found anything in MSM that stated that she had a medical condition because I have not and I have been looking yesterday and today. Often times in these cases, especially when a verifiable source does not provide explanation for something, such as her use of a wheelchair that day, some people on here and other sites will speculate and soon that speculation becomes "fact". Then further on in the case, we think about it and then go scrambling trying to locate & recall where it was stated by a verifiable source that the speculation was actual fact, if that makes sense. I was just trying to get clarification before it snowballed, in a sense.

In the short, I do agree that if she does have a medical condition, that it could be difficult for her to care for her children/check on them as often as may be needed, on 2 separate floors of an old house.

However, at this time, I have still not seen anything in MSM that says she had a medical condition.

Totally understand! I have not seen anything that listed a specific condition, but I had seen that article I mentioned that said that she was "sometimes confined to a wheelchair" and now I am getting frustrated because I have been digging and digging and can't find it again. Still looking tho! Beginning to wonder if it was speculation from the news based on the vigil, and they have edited or removed it. And I never would have said that she was unable to care for her, even if she was in a wheelchair. I have a friend who is missing both legs and has cared for her daughter perfectly fine since she was an infant. When I said that bit about "do anything to that child," I meant to harm her. :) And as you pointed out, about how distraught she appears, it makes me feel even more that she was not involved (tho I could be wrong!). The only medical conditions that are even remotely specific so far was the breathing troubles she was taken to the hospital for on Tuesday. That, IMO, without any other information, does not give much evidence of anything chronic.

Back to the dig!

ETA: I am certain that what I saw about "sometimes being confined to wheelchair" was an article (or video) somewhere and not just the post by peace9274. I am still digging because it is making me angry now, but I know it was not here that I saw it because it was very early this morning (before the sun came up, but after things calmed down here and people had pretty much stopped posting). My daughter has medical problems that some of you know about and I stay awake when she sleeps, so more often than not I am up all night sitting next to her on the computer and it gives me lots of time to dig. Unfortunately, it makes for an extremely long history file and it is difficult to find anything again if I don't bookmark it. :(

Took me quite a while to read through all of this! I have some thoughts I wanted to post, though they are probably not really part of where the thread is currently just due to how quickly it moves. Everything is moo...

First, about the stepdad, I don't really know. We've seen way too many times where its the stepfather or live in boyfriend (even the stepmother?), so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did do something. But it seems a little strange that he'd admit to being the last to see her and everything if he were actually guilty. Who knows - TH did, but then, they were surrounded by hundreds of others who potentially could have done something. I just don't want to jump to any conclusions about him yet. The "Get your butt home" comment seems somewhat innocent to me. I didn't see the way he said it (tone of voice) but based on wording alone, it sounds like a typical "tough guy" thing to say, to hide fears and emotions. Not only that, but it could be a teasing/endearing sort of thing that she might understand (based on his relationship with her). My own dad was a great guy (he was a biker) and its the sort of thing he would say to me. Of course, that would be if I were talking to him on the phone, not if I were missing, but who knows how people react. His facebook page bothers me, though. As a married woman, I greatly dislike that... but it doesn't really prove anything to me except that I'm glad he's not my husband.

Same for the mother - I always feel a little uncomfortable when people judge just because the family doesn't speak. We saw with the Anthony's that sometimes speaking just makes it all worse. Sure, they were spewing lies, but all the same. I am a painfully shy person and very self conscious. I avoid cameras like the plague. I would do anything if it were my child that were missing... but at the same time, from where I sit right now - I know being on camera, making statements, would be the last thing on my mind. I'd probably be sitting in a police station waiting for news and vomiting my guts out in between sobs. Not talking to the press.... of course, it is hard to say, having not been in the situation. Maybe I would have the strength to get on camera. But just being who I am, I can say I wouldn't want to, and that I wouldn't understand how it would help. Every family I have seen on camera has been instructed in what they can and can't say by the police - so no additional info is usually given. I have yet to see where parents on camera have actually HELPED FIND the child. Seems like all it really does is sway the public in one direction or another on their feelings for said parent...

I don't think she ran away... When I was 11, I would be terrified at the thought of being alone on the streets with no guaranteed access to getting food or a place to bathe and sleep. Heck, I still am. But then again, I've seen hundreds of stories of runaways. I wonder if they are just fearless, or if they just don't have common sense. Either way, she doesn't really seem like the sort to run away. She looks happy enough in the pictures I have seen... and the fact that she plays a sport sort of implies that her family is somewhat involved. There's always exceptions, but you don't usually see the miserable kids playing sports and things... I know some runaways leave because they feel they have no other options and can't take it anymore, but she certainly doesn't look to be anywhere near that situation.

Lastly, I have lived in 2 different large houses converted to apartments - once when I was a child, and once a few years ago when DH and I were just starting out. Neither of them had finished basements... but both did have access from outside the house. One via cellar... The other just a small flight of stairs going down, as thats where the washers/dryers were. I have to say, though, that if there is a finished basement where somebody actually sleeps, I don't think there would be access from outdoors. If somebody were to go through the trouble to turn the house into several apartments and include the basement, they would probably also go through the trouble to wall off any outdoor access down there. Seems like if anything ever went wrong (things stolen, or the apartment easily broken into, etc) it could be big trouble for the property owner. So I just don't think there would be any way into the basement except for inside the house itself. And any windows would probably be the small sort. If anything, I would hope that IF there were basement access from outdoors, the parents would take that as their bedroom and keep the kids where its less "open". I would...

It does look like there might be basement access from outside in those pictures, and of course I have no way of knowing, but I truly think it is probably blocked off/walled in/drywalled over, etc.

All of the above... JMO

What gets me is that she went missing the night the sister she shares a room with happened to be out. I'd like to know how often that happened -- unless it's an awful lot, then I'd lean towards thinking the coincidence is just too great for this to have been a true stranger abduction. That is, either she left "willingly" (I put that in quotes, because that includes circumstances in which she was tricked into leaving by someone she had previously encountered) or someone with intimate knowledge of the family (a family member, a friend of the family/neighbor or someone a family member spoke to) was responsible.

(It's also possible that she was stalked by a stranger who, via their stalking, noticed her sister's absence that night, but that seems less likely to me given the totality of the circumstances -- e.g., she's only 11, she lived in a small town, lived on a main road, no one seems to have noticed anyone, etc).

We cannot predict our actions during an emergency. Only hope that we can be as productive as possible. The agony that these families of missing family members indure must be indescribable. I pray...

I think this is what you are looking for?
At about :45 there is a woman rocking. She is there again at about 1:10. I think that is her mother?

The wheelchair is about 1:40

They refer to the stuffed animals as a "shrine"... much better than "memorial."

This is also a family statement read by a family friend about 1:50.

‪FBI Search for N.H. Girl Reaches Canada‬‏ - YouTube

Totally understand! I have not seen anything that listed a specific condition, but I had seen that article I mentioned that said that she was "sometimes confined to a wheelchair" and now I am getting frustrated because I have been digging and digging and can't find it again. Still looking tho! Beginning to wonder if it was speculation from the news based on the vigil, and they have edited or removed it. And I never would have said that she was unable to care for her, even if she was in a wheelchair. I have a friend who is missing both legs and has cared for her daughter perfectly fine since she was an infant. When I said that bit about "do anything to that child," I meant to harm her. :) And as you pointed out, about how distraught she appears, it makes me feel even more that she was not involved (tho I could be wrong!). The only medical conditions that are even remotely specific so far was the breathing troubles she was taken to the hospital for on Tuesday. That, IMO, without any other information, does not give much evidence of anything chronic.

Back to the dig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member