Lets all contact 20/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondieOH

Reaction score
20/20 has gotten an exclusive interview with the Anthony's. I wonder if they are being paid for doing so. I know how they work and guest always end up getting money for pics, video, etc..... If so I think 20/00 should be boycotted.

If you didn't read the bond thread, it is being said that she is getting out to do an interview with 20/20 and the money is gonna be used to pay back the $50,000

20/20 is on record during some scandal with Paris Hilton (I don't know which one, pick one) stating that they do not pay for interviews, ever.

If you didn't read the bond thread, it is being said that she is getting out to do an interview with 20/20 and the money is gonna be used to pay back the $50,000

Whats she going to do say huh, huh, huh. She doesnt talk!

I bet she will just sit next to the family and let them do all the talking. It will be a "total waste" for everyone

Yea, but I remember Barbara Walters explaining how you really can get paid for interviews. You don't directly get the money, but you might sign a contract saying that if you ever grant an "extensive interview" than you will give it to them and the network pays you for the contract.

Or if you are like Paris Hilton and you have a book out there, you don't pay her for the interview, you agree to buy so many copies of her book.

That's what I remember about the interview thing.

BeagleMom

Isn't ABC owned by Disney?
Boy, Disney sure has fallen far from it's wholesome image!:sick:

20/20 is on record during some scandal with Paris Hilton (I don't know which one, pick one) stating that they do not pay for interviews, ever.

They don't pay for interviews OUTRIGHT but they do pay for the right to show film and pictures, licensing agreements, they are called.

"NBC News doesn't pay for interviews, period." That categorical denial came this week from Allison Gollust, a spokeswoman for NBC News, in explaining the reason her network wouldn't pay $1 million for the post-prison Paris Hilton interview that will air instead on tonight's "Larry King Live."

But she's wrong. NBC News has paid for interviews. So have CBS and ABC. They just don't like it when the seller goes public with the terms of the deal — or when, as in the case of Hilton, it's not worth the price.

The Hilton deal dissolved simply because the $1 million price proved embarrassing. The network news divisions don't write checks without making sure they're getting a good deal; such negotiations often involve guarantees of promotion, appearances on multiple shows, payments for photos and transportation, and the cost of hair and makeup professionals. After reflexively holier-than-thou newspaper reporters wrote stories casting the networks' discussions with Hilton as corrupt, there seemed no point in buying more bad publicity.

http://www.nysun.com/arts/live-with-paris-hilton/57371/

20/20 reserves the right to cancel the interview so maybe if enough people write they will cancel and make the Anthony's feel like total crap when they say nobody wanted to hear what they had to say and received threats of ratings if we had you freaks on.

If we do not know that it is 20 20 yet, and as far as I can tell there is no link to this...this thread should be locked....I see trouble coming with it.

Thats right. They get around it in any way that they can so they can lie and say they don't pay for the interviews.

A bit more from that same link...

When the networks say they don't pay for interviews, they're lying. Even when they don't fork over cash, the broadcast networks routinely offer other financial rewards in return for access. A few years ago, CBS News offered a "60 Minutes" interview proposal to Private Jessica Lynch — in writing — that included an MTV appearance, a possible Simon & Schuster book deal, and the guarantee of airtime on the CBS Evening News. When Michael Jackson gave a "60 Minutes" interview to Ed Bradley in 2003, the New York Times reported that the network paid the singer $1 million for it; the network denied it, but CBS News sources later said they'd been told that a deal had been made — without their knowledge — to pay Mr. Jackson for a network primetime special to promote his new record, in return for exclusive "60 Minutes" access. Even if no money changed hands, it was a business deal, and a smart one; the Jackson interview delivered the show its highest ratings among 18-to-49-year-olds in four years.

If we do not know that it is 20 20 yet, and as far as I can tell there is no link to this...this thread should be locked....I see trouble coming with it.

I think I saw a link...I'll go check....

Once again, THIS FAMILY ONLY THINKS ABOUT CASEY!!!! What about Caylee ... you know exactly what this interview will be about ... exactly NOTHING about Caylee .. only about how she is being "railroaded" by LEOs and crucified by the press. She's not going to talk bc JB has told her b4 and will continue his instruction ... don't say anything to anyone, no way, no how.

I don't know how much longer I can pay attention to this situation, unfortunately. I can only hope that Caylee is alive (although everything tells me so far that is not likely).

:sick::banghead::sick::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member