2009.07.24 Hearing 1:30pm: George and Cindy Anthony MAY be back in court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeking info in Casey Anthony case, State Attorney slated to haul George and Cindy Anthony back to court

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-bk-casey-anthony-case-hearing-072309,0,3645760.story

This should be interesting. "Brad Conway, lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony, said the couple simply hasn't been able to provide the documents in the time frame prosecutors wanted."

I don't remember reading anything about the prosecutors requesting info from the A clan. And BC isn't talking about what the information is that is being requested.

I feel for Judge Strickland if this is how BC is going to respond to requests by the SA and the courts.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20157907/detail.html

George, Cindy Anthony Ordered To Court Friday
Anthonys Have Not Produced Evidence Requested By State
POSTED: 3:48 pm EDT July 23, 2009
UPDATED: 4:24 pm EDT July 23, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Stan Strickland has ordered Casey Anthony's parents, George and Cindy, to court Friday.

Strickland is downplaying the significance of why George and Cindy Anthony have been ordered to court. He will hold a rule to show cause hearing Friday at the Orange County Courthouse.

Casey Anthony is at the Orange County Jail charged with murder in the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home.

As part of its investigation, the state has ordered the Anthonys to turn over certain evidence. In the hearing, the judge is expected to ask why the Anthonys have not turned over the material.

Their attorney, Brad Conway, said this is just a timing issue and the Anthonys are not at odds with the state attorney's office.

Conway said, "The state has requested certain documents stored in the Anthonys' computer and it's not going as quickly as the state wants. The Anthonys' computer has been down, and they have not been able to produce certain documents."

Conway would not say what the documents are, but he said he's confident he can turn over that information before Friday's hearing.

This should be interesting. "Brad Conway, lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony, said the couple simply hasn't been able to provide the documents in the time frame prosecutors wanted."

I don't remember reading anything about the prosecutors requesting info from the A clan. And BC isn't talking about what the information is that is being requested.

I feel for Judge Strickland if this is how BC is going to respond to requests by the SA and the courts.

They must be taking a very long time or very uncooperative if it is necessary to haul them into court regarding these documents. I wonder how long they have had already to get the docs to the SA.

I thought investigators had the computers analyzed already? Is this in regards to Cindy's emails that happened later?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-case-hearing-072309,0,3645760.story

George and Cindy Anthony may be back in court.

The State Attorney's office is slated to ask Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to force the Anthonys to produce information for the state's case against their daughter, Casey Anthony, according to spokespersons for the State Attorney's office and the court.

A hearing is set for 1:30 p.m. Friday.

The Anthonys have been asked to produce information for the state but have not done so, the spokespersons said.

Brad Conway, lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony, said the couple simply hasn't been able to provide the documents in the time frame prosecutors wanted.

"The Anthonys have no problem providing the documentation the state has requested," Conway said.

Conway said the Anthonys are going to give the documents to prosecutors and he does not expect there to even be a hearing on the matter tomorrow.

"We're in the process of turning them over," he said.

It's unclear what the documents entail. Conway, reached by phone this afternoon, wouldn't give any clues.

"I can't say," he said. "It's not something that I can comment on."

The State Attorney's Office also wouldn't say.

Casey Anthony is being held in the Orange County Jail under an indictment for first-degree murder in the death of daughter Caylee Marie Anthony. The state is seeking the death penalty in the case.

Casey Anthony will not attend Friday's hearing.

This from channel 6...

The Anthony's attorney, Brad Conway, said the subpoena for the documents was issued a few weeks ago. Conway said the prosecution apparently wanted the documents more quickly, but he plans to hand over the documents Friday morning.

The state could ask a judge to hold the Anthonys in contempt of court for failing to turn over the documents.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20157753/detail.html

I will close this thread for now and reopen it when the hearing starts on Friday.

Reminder: No bashing of the Anthony's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member