Appeal filed in jy murder conviction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in round 2 (the one that counted), it was 12-0 for conviction and that jury saw his entire testimony on video. The difference the second time was the state was able to prove his affable tale was full of lies and inconsistencies.

They nit picked his testimony. He said he was doing work on his computer in the hotel room, but he was actually messing with fantasy football or something not work related.

That's called impeaching the testimony and nailing down the inconsistencies. It's the meat n potatoes of trials. It's the way witness cross examination goes. In jy's case there weren't just a few inconsistencies and the 2nd jury saw his 1st trial testimony and also got to see & hear evidence that conflicted with his version.

Such as?

Edit: I'd like to know. I've only seen the story on ID, and a few snippets on YouTube.
I'm not saying you're wrong.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Such as?

Edit: I'd like to know. I've only seen the story on ID, and a few snippets on YouTube.

You obvisously need to go back to the beginning and read everything and research this case. Whether it be on here or someone else. It's hard to form a conclusion from ID and just snippets on youtube.

Such as?

1. He said he smoked and propped the door open for that. It was proven with testimony from friends and family that he detested smoking of any kind and was never seen smoking by anyone.

2. The shirt he was seen wearing on video at the HI at check in has never been found. His family tried to pass off a pic of him wearing a different but similar shirt a year or so later. The differnce here is the one at HI had a stripe but it was a pullover with a zipper at the neck. The one presented to police was a sweater with a stripe but it had a v-neck style.

3.You have already posted about them validating his lie about working on the computer. He states when he was seen leaving the HI he was going to his car to get a charger for his computer but all activity on his laptop ceased after him leaving HI.

4. Here is the biggest one for me. He waited almost 5 years after the murder to tell his side of the story. If all this is true and why did he wait?? If he could so easily get on the stand and tell this, why couldn't he with his lawyer by his side, tell this to police? Oh, because he waited until he heard the states case then tweeked his alibi.

You obvisously need to go back to the beginning and read everything and research this case. Whether it be on here or someone else. It's hard to form a conclusion from ID and just snippets on youtube.

BBM and true -- this was such a complex case. The killer's testimony is on archive at the WRAL website, as is footage from both trials.

Full Trial Video

Above is a link to both the first trial which began June, 2011, and the re-trial which began February, 2012. The link is for the re-trial first and then there's a link for the first trial at the very end of the 2nd trial. Each trial is day-by-day, interrupted only by breaks between witnesses and those called by the Court.

Please note that the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc., days of the re-trial begin at the bottom of the article (who knoze why?) -- so go down to the bottom to get to day 1, etc. It's all there.

It's totally live-streamed and complete. It's not like IS with commercials and interruptive and possibly biased comments. What you will see is the Real Thing!

Just settle-in and get comfortable, and you will see each of the trials in their entirety!

He did occasionally smoke cigars and he owned a humidor.
The only thing he lied about was doing work stuff on the computer.
He waited because that's what his legal counsel told him to do.
I've been investigated for a crime I did not commit, not a murder or anything like that. The first thing I did was say I wanted an attorney.
I set up a consultation with a lawyer, told the lawyer what happened, and asked "should I just go tell the police this to clear my name?"
The lawyer said under no circumstances could he recommend taking to police. The police will twist your words and use them against you, and if they want to question me further, give them his card. If they bring up charges against me to come back and hire him.

He did occasionally smoke cigars and he owned a humidor. The only thing he lied about was doing work stuff on the computer.
He waited because that's what his legal counsel told him to do.
I've been investigated for a crime I did not commit, not a murder or anything like that. The first thing I did was say I wanted an attorney.
I set up a consultation with a lawyer, told the lawyer what happened, and asked "should I just go tell the police this to clear my name?"
The lawyer said under no circumstances could he recommend taking to police. The police will twist your words and use them against you, and if they want to question me further, give them his card. If they bring up charges against me to come back and hire him.

BBM

The only time that was ever said was during the 2nd trial and it was his mommy that stated he supposedly owned the humidor. Even his BFF said they had never seen him smoke. And IIRC, it was set up for CY to not be around any type of smoking when the slayer gave her up to MF.

Any news on the appeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members