LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard news from a reliable source that is terrifying. A body was supposedly found behind the northside post office. I hope it's merely a rumor.

I think the 2 by the Circle K may possibly be the same truck. The truck in the photo by itself (in same location as the car they're looking for) is definitely a different truck.

Yeah, I think I finally am "getting" what KATC is saying. There are only TWO new vehicles of interest; the truck on University and the older model car. So that means the two pictures of the truck by the Circle K must be of the same truck.

Adding: maybe I am wrong again! The truck headed down St Landry is the one they identify as the new vehicle of interest, and the one on University is said to be the same one that is see turning left onto University at the light. Which would mean the truck in the turning lane has a bed cover AND a tailgate!
Do u see a "head" on the pictures of her on her bike? No it's a bright blur it's because of how blonde her hair is and the way it shows up on the camera. Someone see if u can crop and zoom the pic of her on her bike and put it next to the figure in the back of the truck I bet you'll see what I'm talking about.

Actually, I can see her blonde hair on the photo taken at LUS. I have zoomed and played with both photos. It looks like a person-Mickey-on the bike. It does not look like a person in the bed of the truck.

Very good thinking. IOW, all three pics of white trucks might well be the same truck. I would like to see the time stamps of the truck when it was at the intersection, as well as Mickey at the same location. With time stamps we can start to get a better picture. I'm speculating that this truck passed her and caught up with her, again (drove around the block, did a U turn, etc), and snatched her.

Pretty sure they are different. One definitely has a bed cover and took a left on to university. The other which was headed the same direction looks to be a diff make/model... And since it had no cover would have been easier to throw a bike in the back of. It also fits the description of the truck reported by the other bike riding girl.

The new photo of the white truck ^^^ was taken from University Av going North just north of the intersection w/ St. Landry by the cemetery.. I went to college in Lafayette, and confirmed this on Google Maps.

EDIT to include URL: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=lafayette,la&hl=en&ll=30.221431,-92.024601&spn=0.001873,0.008256&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=63.086946,135.263672&hnear=Lafayette,+Louisiana&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=30.221432,-92.024601&panoid=nA2C2vj0mEgUNeSWIEZjCQ&cbp=11,305.85,,0,8.77

So the large car would have passed the corner where MS was last imaged by the gas station, first passing the gas station and heading up that road north up past Ryan Street? If MS made it across the street without interference from truck 1, she would have been gone considering the 1 plus min that had gone by. If MS had been stalled, or there was an altercation/accident, they might have witnessed something like truck 2 that is probably the same as 1 going straight the same way MS had gone a minute or so earlier.

Of if large car had come from the direction that MS had been heading . . . but large car peeps would have only had one minute to harm her and move on.

Am I making sense?

The "figure" doesn't seem to have a head. Or clothing. I think if Mickey, who was very safety aware, were hanging off the tailgate of a truck, and saw people at the Circle K, she would have jumped on.

MOO: there is no one hanging off the end of that truck.

^^THIS

It's a highly pixelated reflection and that's all. Hopefully, the FBI or somebody will enhance these images.

Identify the nature of the source. I kind of doubt it since there are still posts going up about searches tomorrow.

1:47:?? AM Video Captures Mickey
1:49:38 AM Video captures large car

What road is large car on?
Does anybody else think LE may want to speak to whoever is in large car to find out if they saw any activity involving uncovered white truck #1 (#2 is likely the same truck). LE must have the time stamps relative to the uncovered white truck that traveled in both directions (if proven to be the same truck).

Where (what page of photos) are you getting the time stamps?

Can someone drop a link to the scanner thread? Still new, and don't know where to look.

So the large car would have passed the corner where MS was last imaged by the gas station, first passing the gas station and heading up that road north up past Ryan Street? If MS made it across the street without interference from truck 1, she would have been gone considering the 1 plus min that had gone by. If MS had been stalled, or there was an altercation/accident, they might have witnessed something.

I don't think so -- I think the car is heading South on University, and then hangs a Right (West) on St. Landry, passing the gas station on their left and coming up behind Mickey. If she was still on the road at that point, they absolutely would've seen her.

I think the 2 by the Circle K may possibly be the same truck. The truck in the photo by itself (in same location as the car they're looking for) is definitely a different truck.

I thought so, too, but one of the other posters convinced me otherwise. If you VERY closely, you can see a white line on top of the truck in all three picks. It's the reflection that deceives in the other pics (at the intersection).

I get a sinking feeling that the truck heading up University is the get away.

Where (what page of photos) are you getting the time stamps?

All 4 photos, 2 with time stamps, are on page seven of this thread. If the location of all these photos have been identified correctly, the large car on university hit the intersection around 1 minute after Mickey passed it then turned right onto st. Landry ( following her) as per the location of car photo number 2. Unless she turned off st. Landry suddenly, the car would have overtaken her within 2 minutes or so. The white truck from orIginal photo may have passed both the car and Mickey on st. Landry, but no time stamp on truck photo, so not sure about that. And why is there no footage of Mickey from camera that captured vid of car at 224 ish st. Landry?? She should be on that camera!!!

Is it correct that the Taco Bell time is 1:20 and Mickey is caught on camera at 1:47?

I heard news from a reliable source that is terrifying. A body was supposedly found behind the northside post office. I hope it's merely a rumor.

Oh, man. Is that the same location where the other poster said they were putting up police tape?

Snipped:
The second picture of the car seems to be taken by the same camera, it is driving in the opposite direction.
Yes, it is. It's stamped 1:49 and has not even arrived at the St. Landry/Univ intersection which she had already passed thru @ 1:48. Hmmm.....:waitasec:

The new photos from tonight: The white truck with the black bed cover on st. landry passing from the opposite direction of the cirkle k is the same truck from last night... hes coming from st john across university onto st. landry,right after mickey passes right there...then a few minutes later hes seen coming back up to university like he followed her down there snatched her up then turned around and came back to the light... the other pic of the white truck is not the same one, its a chevy z71 but its traveling down st. landry alittle while after also so he may have saw something same with the car its just traveling down st. landry the last road shes seen on... I really think the photo of the truck from last night and the new one today proves he was following her down versailles to st.landry and then turns around.. what would you need to turn around for you know.. theres no store down there its just that circle k on the corner in the pic.. the only thing up ahead was an abandoned hospital, darkness, and no cameras

I have to agree with you shanethemaster. Those photos where taken on university. Any idea of the location where the second photo of the the car is shown?
Same location as the truck with the bed cover except going the opposite direction.

Random albeit related thought:

When they catch this guy, his lawyer will no doubt file for a change of venue. I'm not one for pitchfork justice, but I know I'm not the only one in Lafayette who takes Mickey's disappearance personally, even if I never knew her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu