Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steely & Gitana-Thanks for all the info & links-This stuff just goes on & on & on-I am starting to get really worried about Kate & Suri..and don't get me started on Misg missing wife- WOW-I am like the poster up thread-very fascinated by all of this-I just read this stuff for hrs..how do they get away with so much?

Ot,but didn't Presilla & lisa Presley leave scienlogy a long time ago? Did they ever mention anything? Do these people sell their souls for fame? What is in it for them to belong? Wierd.

Let's just hope that b.c Suri and Mom are public stars that all will be okay. If Mom ever goes underground, or nuts b.c of the harassment (which is the intention so they can nab Suri and hush Mom up), then the worry should really begin. I hope Ms. Holmes can remain popular just to save Suri, and herself of course.

On a lighter note, the worst rated film of all time lol, is Battlefield Earth by John Travolta, and it is said to be about Scientology, well Lord Xenu and such. Odd link for it, you have to get through the hosts poking jokes, and a curse word or so.

[ame="http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/888756"]ts247 movie night, battlefield earth talkshow247 on USTREAM. Comedy[/ame]

Lots of interesting things when you watch the videos and then look up information on the people in the videos. While searching for information on T Davis, a spokesperson for Scientology who is the main one that went after the BBC reporter, I found out that his mother happens to be Anne Archer who is also a scientologist. Looking further into T Davis I found that his wife J Feshbach was Katie's "assistant" although I doubt she has that position any longer. Lots of making sure that the ones the church deem VIPs are kept closely watched.

Ot,but didn't Presilla & lisa Presley leave scienlogy a long time ago? Did they ever mention anything? Do these people sell their souls for fame? What is in it for them to belong? Wierd.

As of May 2012 Lisa Marie is rumored to have left the church. Priscilla is apparently still a member though. So how would that work for them? Since Lisa Marie left can Priscilla have contact with her or not?

Lots of interesting things when you watch the videos and then look up information on the people in the videos. While searching for information on T Davis, a spokesperson for Scientology who is the main one that went after the BBC reporter, I found out that his mother happens to be Ann Archer who is also a scientologist. Looking further into T Davis I found that his wife J Feshbach was Katie's "assistant" although I doubt she has that position any longer. Lots of making sure that the ones the church deem VIPs are kept closely watched.

I know what you mean-I find it really hard to believe that celebs would be a part of such a cult! Lies,intimadation,splitting up families,trying to destroy people's lives with lies-unbelievable really!!

I did see that one part where-I forget her name-she played on Queens of Kings or something-That guy T Davis totally try to stop her talking about some thing so secretive!!

I've watched several of the links posted on here, and Scientology is a scary, scary thing. I can't help but compare it to the Jim Jones/Jonestown horror. I hope Katie H. is hoping to keep Suri out of this organization. I won't dignify it by calling it a 'church'.

so it looks like maverick's other kids were actually subjected to this cult...

Katie Holmes desperately wanted to save Suri from a form of interrogation practiced by the Church of Scientology that she was steadfastly against ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Katie tell TMZ, back in 2005 she had witnessed Tom's other kids participating in a Scientology ritual she found to be troubling ... and feared Tom would drag Suri through the same process.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/04/katie-holmes-scientology-child-interrogation-suri/

I don't think anything is beyond Scientologists. You're most likely right, but if I was Katie it would be a very real concern of mine. JMO

I worry for Katie and Suri's safety.

SeaOrg is a very, very dangerous subgroup of the Scientology cult. It was established to protect LR Hubbard against lawsuits, both civil and criminal. It is the ultimate "off shore" organization, and tends to be away from shore for long, long periods of time. His paranoia, in the last decades of his life, was huge (and perhaps rightly so), and he developed the SeaOrg as a way to protect himself against his detractors.

It is a vile, evil part of the conglomerate that is Scientology. There are things which happen on the boats which is totally unconscionable, like enforced abortions, no education, and long days of hard work with little rest.

To hear that Suri may be "accepted" into the SeaOrg is a big, big issue. It goes far deeper than just who can say what to Suri, or how she practices a religion (or pseudo religion), and everything to do with not being able to parent her (either one). Basically, once in SeaOrg, she will not be seen for many years.

I speak from a different place than some of you. I worked for a Scientology couple as care taker for their three little girls. They always treated me with respect, and, once we went our seperate ways, they were always kind and helpful to me. We lost touch over the years, as these things go.

However, since one of the parents ended up being pretty famous and a mover and shaker in the Hollywood scene, I was able to sometimes see how this family, who I loved deeply, ended up.

Not a pretty sight. Lots of alienation of parents and children; lots of pressure to avoid SPs. Lots of not cool things.

I ran into the father at a Hollywood party while with my father about 8 years ago. I got some good time with him, and asked how the children were. He told me fine, and so on...and I was content with that. At one point, all the children were sent to a Scientology boarding school, and they had a hard time, but were apparently doing well now.

Recently, he left Scientology. It was a fairly public leaving, and he has been followed, ostracized, and battered a bit. But he did it for a huge reason, and that was the kids' alienation. I read a very long article about him, and found out that these precious children had been through what I'd call hell. And it took decades for him to understand, and, once understand, take action, and leave the "church".

I remember, being young and not longsighted, those days when the parents were politically active with the church; early mornings, late nights...protesting, activism, and strange practices (e.g. Cal-Mag cleansing, long exercise sessions, and other bizarre 'technology'). I had been raised (and still believe) that people have their own way of worship, and as long as it's not hurting anyone, then I was to respect it, and leave it be.

Problem is, Scientology hurts people; splits families against the family's will (read up on Suppressive persons, and PTS - potential trouble sources). Not only is there a huge financial issue, there is a wholehearted effort to seperate, and then "brainwash", the members.

This is a dangerous organization, but because they somehow got considered a religion, nothing really can be done.

LRH was a very disturbed individual, as is Miscavige. The organization has been very harmful to many people. And no, celebs kids don't always get treated as golden calves, especially when put on a boat off the coast of some other country, where no one can get to them and make sure they're all right.

Just my thoughts...

Best-
Herding Cats

So, I want to pose a few scenarios: "Breaking news! Katie Holmes, soon to be ex of star and Scientology spokesperson Tom Cruise, is missing! Reports that she had been followed and stalked by scientology henchmen have been rampant. She had asked for sole custody of the pairs' daughter and speculation that she was leaving the marriage due to scientology was high."

Now, what do you suppose would happen then? Massive FBI investigations, screaming relatives and friends of Katie Holmes, every ex-scientologist getting much more than their fifteen minutes, every channel doing mighty exposés on what everyone would now agree is a "cult".

How would that help TC's career? How would that help build the ranks of Scientology? It wouldn't. It would do the opposite which is why I believe it would never happen.

I'll admit that Scientologists are an angry, dangerous lot. But in the end, they are a massive business and the business is money. Publicity such as they would receive if Katie went missing or had an "accident", would be fatal to the group. They are too smart to risk that.

Second scenario: "Tom, I'm getting ready to have my car pick up Suri after
her custodial time with you, will you be at home?" "Don't bother. Suri wanted to join SeaOrg. She is currently on a boat. They don't have outside communication. It will be several months before they dock."

What do you think would happen then? Well, I'll tell you. First, the police would be called. They would be shown a copy of the custody orders. They would immediately go to TC's home and question him. Katie's lawyer would be called at once. The next day, they would be in court on an emergency motion. The court would immediately grant temporary sole physical custody to the mother and order the return of Suri. If that didn't happen, TC would lose his rights to custody of Suri, to make decisions in her life and to visit with her outside of an unsupervised setting. He would then be held in contempt of court and go to jail.

If that was not enough to unearth Suri and return her to her mother, the FBI would get involved. There would be search warrants served and executed all over the country. The coast guard would get involved. Interpol would get involved. Scientology headquarters across the nation would be searched and leaders extensively questioned. Phone records, e-mail records, etc., etc., would be investigated.

Then of course, would be the publicity. TC would lose his career in Hollywood in a heart beat. Again would be the massive exposés, every channel would do specials, the careers, lives and mental status of every celebrity member would be examined, and they would all lose credibility as part of the Hollywood elite. The BBC special would be aired over and over, Dateline, 20/20, 60 minutes, all of them would air investigative journalistic reports about Scientology. Cries for the cult to lose their tax exempt status would be raised all across the nation and based on this: http://atheism.about.com/od/churchestaxexemptions/a/overview.htm
there would be good grounds to repeal their tax exemption of public outcry and national sentiment were strong enough to create a pressure the legislature could not ignore.

Membership would drop steeply. Those on the cusp - not totally immersed yet or besieged by doubtful family and friends, or having doubts themselves after years in the org., would drop out. New membership would dwindle to nothing.

Do you really think any of that benefits this business? It just ain't gonna' happen.

What could happen, though, is what I and some others have repeated. Insidious alienation of Suri. Let me make a prediction based on my expertise in family law. TC will get either joint custody of Suri in some configuration close to 50% or he will get extremely liberal visitation rights to her, including weeks at a time for vacations, etc. It will be a sealed settlement agreement or non-public court order, such that we will not be able to see or know about most of the terms.

If it is an issue or fear for Katie, there may be some, rational restrictions on religious activities Suri can take part in, like SeaOrg. But other than that, the court will be unlikely to preclude her involvement altogether in the church. She may even be allowed to participate in "auditing", depending on whether or not Katie does a good enough job of really proving what that entails and how "confidential confessions" are not confidential and are used against the members. But, I have little doubt that Suri will be able to be involved to a large degree in her father's religion.

I support what jjenny says. No court is going to issue orders restricting custody or even religious involvement based on what has happened to some other members or what some other members say has happened. That would be a tiny bit analogous to saying, "Your honor, I want custody and I want my ex to be prohibited from taking my child to Catholic mass because many kids have been molested by priests."

It just wouldn't fly.

You need to show proof that harm has actually occurred or is seriously imminent (e.g., "A neighbor let me know that my ex is moving all his belongings out of the home and our child's passport is missing. He has threatened to abduct our kid out of the country and into a cult compound overseas, for years. Please issue emergency orders so I can pick up our child right now.").

Courts otherwise do not get involved very often in religious decisions. They don't prohibit religious involvement much or mandate it. The few times I have seen that they do get involved, the religion the child has been raised in to date is the one that the child is allowed to follow and a new one may, in certain, limited circumstances, be prohibited.

:twocents:

so it looks like maverick's other kids were actually subjected to this cult...

And further down on that link is another link to a comment given by the "church's" lawyer about Suri and SeaOrg.

"The Church of Scientology is adamant ... nobody under the age of 16, including Suri Cruise, is allowed to join its elite Sea Organization.

The Church's lawyer has released a statement ... saying in addition to the minimum age requirement (16 years old), minors must have "consent of both parents and/or all legal guardians" in order to join."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/02/church-of-scientology-suri-sea-org-katie-holmes-tom-cruise/

Now, based on other videos that I have watched and accounts that I have read from former SeaOrg kids, that are now grown-ups, this is completely false. But of course the "church" can't have the truth out there as it is rather damning to them.

I know what you mean-I find it really hard to believe that celebs would be a part of such a cult! Lies,intimadation,splitting up families,trying to destroy people's lives with lies-unbelievable really!!

I did see that one part where-I forget her name-she played on Queens of Kings or something-That guy T Davis totally try to stop her talking about some thing so secretive!!

Leah Remini? Yeah, finding out that celebs whose work I liked, like Juliette Lewis, are whacky, "unusual people" who lie about the doctrine of the organization and are deeply involved in such nonsense, has caused me to lose a ton of respect.

You know, besides TC, really most of the celebs involved are not doing that spectacularly career-wise. And some of them act completely unprofessionally and crazy. I thought Scientology was supposed to help them with communication and help them to become better than ever?

I mean, most of them are working but, for example, Travolta had better days in the past, and he still looks absolutely and rightfully grief-stricken over the death of his son. Isn't scientology supposed to fix that? I mean, his wife states scientology helped her overcome her son's death: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/kelly-preston-scientology-helped-with-grief_1328276, but he looked like the living dead, still weak with grief, in a recent video I saw of him in an interview.

And read the wikipedia section here on The Talk, about Leah Remini: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leah_Remini"]Leah Remini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

She acts like a total jerk in her tweets. very unprofessional.

To me, scientology members seem to be unbalanced and angry liars.

And further down on that link is another link to a comment given by the "church's" lawyer about Suri and SeaOrg.

"The Church of Scientology is adamant ... nobody under the age of 16, including Suri Cruise, is allowed to join its elite Sea Organization.

The Church's lawyer has released a statement ... saying in addition to the minimum age requirement (16 years old), minors must have "consent of both parents and/or all legal guardians" in order to join."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/02/church-of-scientology-suri-sea-org-katie-holmes-tom-cruise/

Now, based on other videos that I have watched and accounts that I have read from former SeaOrg kids, that are now grown-ups, this is completely false. But of course the "church" can't have the truth out there as it is rather damning to them.

Yeah, we know they are big liars, but in none of the case of child abuse of scientology, was there another parent or guardian fighting to prevent it?

In fact, even in the case of Kidman's kids, who were not in SeaOrg., but were fully immersed in auditing and scientology in general, Kidman was not battling to prevent their involvement.

There is a difference when one parent is battling to prevent it. Then, scientology really does need both guardians to sign off in order to join. Otherwise, scientology would be in huge trouble and people would go to jail.

While searching for articles about custody and cults I ran across one that has to do with the Church of Scientology. It happened in California but it does sortof explain what the non-cult parent went through and how she won custody. Part of the article follows.

With one strategic exception, the foregoing model format succeeded in a recent case of mine. A divorced and remarried mother was the physical custodian of a ten-year-old boy from her prior marriage to the cult-member father. The latter was a member of the Church of Scientology, and for almost a year he had used much of his substantial visitation time to involve his son in Scientology. As time passed, the boy increasingly exhibited certain adverse behavioral features that are associated with stress. His grades fell; his relationships with his peers, while always shaky, deteriorated. It became impossible for his custodial parents as well as school authorities to deal with him. Upon his return from 6 weeks of summer vacation with his Scientologist father, his mother described him as emotionally "beyond contact." Whenever he returned from a vacation with his father, he was "out of touch" for two or three days. He started to refuse to kiss his mother goodnight at bedtime. Finally, one day after school he rode his bike 10 miles to a ferry, sailed across the bay, and then rode through a bad area of a major city to the Scientology headquarters where his father was waiting.

The mother obtained a temporary restraining order from a superior court judge who temporarily prohibited the father from having any contact with his son. Two or three months later, the issue of whether or not the Church of Scientology was detrimental to the boy's mental and emotional well-being was fully litigated over the course of a ten-day hearing. The Church of Scientology tried unsuccessfully to intervene in the suit on the basis that it was being characterized in a pejorative light. The boy's mother testified, as did the school psychologist, a social worker, the cult-member parent, the mother's new husband, a friend of the cult-member parent, and the cult parent's parents. There was no expert testimony. Through cross-examination, based on a Scientology policy paper, the cult-member parent testified that Scientology characterized individuals who "opposed or impeded the advancement of Scientology or a Scientolgist" as having committed "Suppressive Acts," and that such individuals were characterized in these documents as being "Suppressive persons." He further testified that any Scientologist who had a relationship with such a "Suppressive Person" was characterized in the Scientology literature as a "Potential Trouble Source." The witness refused to admit that one characterized as a "Potential Trouble Source" was required to "disconnect" from the "Suppressive Person," although this requirement is also part of the doctrine contained in the documents. The judge, however, understood this.

The court in the end awarded sole legal and physical custody (in California, sole legal custody is rarely awarded, since joint legal custody is by statute presumed to be in the best interests of the child) to the mother, and further issued the following findings of fact and custody order that I wrote and submitted.

Under the circumstances of this case, and as used herein by petitioner [father] the doctrines and tenets of the Church of Scientology, whether such doctrines and tenets are designated by that name, by the name Dianetics, or any other name which describes the ideological doctrines and tenets which are in any way affiliated or connected to the Church of Scientology, have been in the past and in the future are likely to be dangerous and detrimental to [name], the minor herein whose interests, health, and welfare have been at issue...[Father] is prohibited from:

a) In any way communicating [minor], or influencing [minor] with the doctrines and/or tenets propounded by the Church of Scientology, Dianetics, the Delphian School, the Real School or any other source of psychological influence which is related to or connected with Scientology, Dianetics, the Delphian School, the Real School or other similar related entity;

b) Taking [minor] to Scientology, Dianetics, Delphian School, the Real School or any other similar entity, activity or other influence which is connected with or related to the inculcation of the tenets and doctrines propounded by said or similarly related entities; and

c) Taking any other action, of whatever kind or nature, which will bring [minor] into physical or psychological contact with Scientology, Dianetics, Delphian School, Real School or other similar related source of psychological influence which is related to or connected with Scientology, Dianetics, Delphian School, Real School or related entities.

http://www.factnet.org/node/1381

So, I want to pose a few scenarios: "Breaking news! Katie Holmes, soon to be ex of star and Scientology spokesperson Tom Cruise, is missing! Reports that she had been followed and stalked by scientology henchmen have been rampant. She had asked for sole custody of the pairs' daughter and speculation that she was leaving the marriage due to scientology was high."

Now, what do you suppose would happen then? Massive FBI investigations, screaming relatives and friends of Katie Holmes, every ex-scientologist getting much more than their fifteen minutes, every channel doing mighty exposés on what everyone would now agree is a "cult".

How would that help TC's career? How would that help build the ranks of Scientology? It wouldn't. It would do the opposite which is why I believe it would never happen.

:twocents:

its amazing how legitimate "accidents" can happen.....and they do....

car accident, slip and fall, suicide (esp if she has ever confessed to mental issues during her interrogations by them - we dont know what they hold over her), poisoning, plane crash....and the list goes on....all of these things HAVE been used to cover murder.

we are not talking about the girl scouts...we are talking about a powerful, manipulative, well organized, secretive cult that will go to any lengths to make people keep quiet if they want them quiet...

i dont put evil past ANYONE....not when ive seen with my own eyes apparently normal people behave in evil ways.....

Kinda OT, but not really. David Micavige (sp?) wife Shelly has not been seen since her father's funeral in 07. That's a big problem.

But more of a problem is the reported suicide of Micavige's MIL, who was apparently quite determined to complete the act of killing herself...shooting herself three times in the chest, and then, because that didn't seem to do it, shooting herself in the head.

And yet apparently there were 5 casings found at the scene...but only 4 shots to her body (claimed by her own hand).

So, the head of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige, has lost his MIL to suicide, and then just lost his wife to...what?

This is stuff worth digging farther into, I think. If my MIL shot herself 4 times with a rifle, and then later my husband disappeared as well...seems to me that I'd be looked at pretty fast and hard (and rightly so).

I'm wondering...wondering...wondering. I will look around later and see if I can't find a coroner's report, or some other information on "Flo Barnett" or "Flo Barrett" (variant spellings) and her death...seems to just be kind of strange.

Like I said, OT, but not really.

Best-
Herding Cats

Kinda OT, but not really. David Micavige (sp?) wife Shelly has not been seen since her father's funeral in 07. That's a big problem.

But more of a problem is the reported suicide of Micavige's MIL, who was apparently quite determined to complete the act of killing herself...shooting herself three times in the chest, and then, because that didn't seem to do it, shooting herself in the head.

And yet apparently there were 5 casings found at the scene...but only 4 shots to her body (claimed by her own hand).

So, the head of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige, has lost his MIL to suicide, and then just lost his wife to...what?

This is stuff worth digging farther into, I think. If my MIL shot herself 4 times with a rifle, and then later my husband disappeared as well...seems to me that I'd be looked at pretty fast and hard (and rightly so).

I'm wondering...wondering...wondering. I will look around later and see if I can't find a coroner's report, or some other information on "Flo Barnett" or "Flo Barrett" (variant spellings) and her death...seems to just be kind of strange.

Like I said, OT, but not really.

Best-
Herding Cats

Wow. Was there a murder investigation? I mean, clearly someone can't shoot themselves three times in the chest before shooting themselves in the head! And has anyone brought Shelly Miscavige's disappearance to the
authorities' attention?

i must confess...im sadly dissapointed that the networks are not running Tom Cruise movie marathons.....thought for sure they would be.....

its amazing how legitimate "accidents" can happen.....and they do....

car accident, slip and fall, suicide (esp if she has ever confessed to mental issues during her interrogations by them - we dont know what they hold over her), poisoning, plane crash....and the list goes on....all of these things HAVE been used to cover murder.

we are not talking about the girl scouts...we are talking about a powerful, manipulative, well organized, secretive cult that will go to any lengths to make people keep quiet if they want them quiet...

i dont put evil past ANYONE....not when ive seen with my own eyes apparently normal people behave in evil ways.....

That's right. But I addressed why such a thing would be highly unlikely to happen. How do you feel about my rationale? Do you think there would be no worldwide outcry? No super-intensive investigation? No onslaught of publicity so fatal to the group that it would lead to the loss of billions in revenue from people leaving the group and people failing to join?

Right now, besides high-profile celeb involvement, Scientology is not that well known to many and thus, when approached about it, millions are still likely to be open-minded and take the personality test or try auditing as a means of trying something new to fix whatever problems they have.

Katie Holmes having an "accident" would surely prevent many of those people from ever giving this org a chance.

Again, this is, primarily, a money-making business. They make critical decisions based on the economic benefit to the org, IMO. What's your opinion about that? Do you agree? Disagree?

That's right. But I addressed why such a thing would be highly likely to happen. How do you feel about my rational? Do you think there would be no worldwide outcry? No super-intensive investigation? No onslaught of publicity so fatal to the group that it would lead to the loss of billions in revenue from people leaving the group and people failing to join?

Right now, besides high-profile celeb involvement, Scientology is not that well known to many and thus, when approached about it, millions are still likely to be open-minded and take the personality test or try auditing as a means of trying something new to fix whatever problems they have.

Katie Holmes having an "accident" would surely prevent many of those people from ever giving this org a chance.

Again, this is, primarily, a money-making business. They make critical decisions based on the economic benefit to the org, IMO. What's your opinion about that? Do you agree? Disagree?

i really dont know....i dont know how far the tentacles of the organization go. do they have people in high places in our legal system? do they have the ability to hide things - even bad things such as tommy's BFF's wife missing? more than likely, yes.

i believe most people out there dont know what Scientology is all about...many people here have expressed they are just learning about this stuff.

i really dont know what the reaction would be if something were to happen to katie....but i dont dimiss the fact something could, unfortunately. i dont think many out there would think of anything along a conspiratoral nature....like i would...

im just not sure how the general public views any of this. i am CTer (conspiracy theorist) lol so i dive into this stuff and believe a lot of things many others dont.....im probably a wee bit biased on my opinions of this all....

but, i think you bring up very valid points.....

While searching for articles about custody and cults I ran across one that has to do with the Church of Scientology. It happened in California but it does sortof explain what the non-cult parent went through and how she won custody. Part of the article follows.

With one strategic exception, the foregoing model format succeeded in a recent case of mine. A divorced and remarried mother was the physical custodian of a ten-year-old boy from her prior marriage to the cult-member father. The latter was a member of the Church of Scientology, and for almost a year he had used much of his substantial visitation time to involve his son in Scientology. As time passed, the boy increasingly exhibited certain adverse behavioral features that are associated with stress. His grades fell; his relationships with his peers, while always shaky, deteriorated. It became impossible for his custodial parents as well as school authorities to deal with him. Upon his return from 6 weeks of summer vacation with his Scientologist father, his mother described him as emotionally "beyond contact." Whenever he returned from a vacation with his father, he was "out of touch" for two or three days. He started to refuse to kiss his mother goodnight at bedtime. Finally, one day after school he rode his bike 10 miles to a ferry, sailed across the bay, and then rode through a bad area of a major city to the Scientology headquarters where his father was waiting.

The mother obtained a temporary restraining order from a superior court judge who temporarily prohibited the father from having any contact with his son. Two or three months later, the issue of whether or not the Church of Scientology was detrimental to the boy's mental and emotional well-being was fully litigated over the course of a ten-day hearing. The Church of Scientology tried unsuccessfully to intervene in the suit on the basis that it was being characterized in a pejorative light. The boy's mother testified, as did the school psychologist, a social worker, the cult-member parent, the mother's new husband, a friend of the cult-member parent, and the cult parent's parents. There was no expert testimony. Through cross-examination, based on a Scientology policy paper, the cult-member parent testified that Scientology characterized individuals who "opposed or impeded the advancement of Scientology or a Scientolgist" as having committed "Suppressive Acts," and that such individuals were characterized in these documents as being "Suppressive persons." He further testified that any Scientologist who had a relationship with such a "Suppressive Person" was characterized in the Scientology literature as a "Potential Trouble Source." The witness refused to admit that one characterized as a "Potential Trouble Source" was required to "disconnect" from the "Suppressive Person," although this requirement is also part of the doctrine contained in the documents. The judge, however, understood this.

The court in the end awarded sole legal and physical custody (in California, sole legal custody is rarely awarded, since joint legal custody is by statute presumed to be in the best interests of the child) to the mother, and further issued the following findings of fact and custody order that I wrote and submitted.

Under the circumstances of this case, and as used herein by petitioner [father] the doctrines and tenets of the Church of Scientology, whether such doctrines and tenets are designated by that name, by the name Dianetics, or any other name which describes the ideological doctrines and tenets which are in any way affiliated or connected to the Church of Scientology, have been in the past and in the future are likely to be dangerous and detrimental to [name], the minor herein whose interests, health, and welfare have been at issue...[Father] is prohibited from:

a) In any way communicating [minor], or influencing [minor] with the doctrines and/or tenets propounded by the Church of Scientology, Dianetics, the Delphian School, the Real School or any other source of psychological influence which is related to or connected with Scientology, Dianetics, the Delphian School, the Real School or other similar related entity;

b) Taking [minor] to Scientology, Dianetics, Delphian School, the Real School or any other similar entity, activity or other influence which is connected with or related to the inculcation of the tenets and doctrines propounded by said or similarly related entities; and

c) Taking any other action, of whatever kind or nature, which will bring [minor] into physical or psychological contact with Scientology, Dianetics, Delphian School, Real School or other similar related source of psychological influence which is related to or connected with Scientology, Dianetics, Delphian School, Real School or related entities.

http://www.factnet.org/node/1381

This is excellent. However, it is rare that courts get that involved in religious situations. So rare that this case is from 1989. Also, note that this was a new thing the dad was imposing on the child, not part of their family religious practice already and, the mom proved that harm was actually occurring to the child.

Katie has an uphill battle. She will have to prove already existing harm to keep Suri away from the religion she has been raised in. If she can't do that, she may be able to restrict certain activities, like Sea Org., especially if those activities interfere with the custodial schedule, but until she can prove actual harm has occurred or is occurring to Suri, the court is unlikely to issue orders restricting Suri from Scientology.

And by the time she can prove Suri has been harmed, it may be too late. It is easy to alienate a child. I have no doubt that the ultra fanatical TC will do everything he can to get his child outside of Katie's influence. I hope Katie has the resources and moxie to fight hard against it.

I also think a public battle for custody with scientology at the forefront, would be very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member